Club Focus Richmond 2023

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

I do not live in Victoria and people that seen my posts will understand I am very independent and have next to no idea what is happening at the RFC club.

However, I am passionate and I have followed them for decades.

So I am putting it out there, If RFC keeps paying the contract, as part of current terms( aka Pies still paying part of Grundy's contract) and wishes Tom all the best, still is life member, but Tom wants to pursue premiership ambitions at another club for no financial cost to the other club, what clubs in the AFL would be interested??? This is not personal, everyone seems to like Tom, solid citizen, its just about getting the most our of our footy experience including for Tom such as allowing him to win more premierships

I think, that is I, without any link to what the RFC club is actually thinking, it could be helpful for Tom and RFC if Tom found another club to pursue his legacy and more premierships if he wanted to and was open to such a proposition.

So this would not be a push out but a mature consideration of possible options of what other fans think.

I would be open for RFC to keep paying Tom's current contract in full even though he was at another club, provide the compensation back to RFC was appropriate( in the form of picks etc..) but the RFC club operators probably would not agree with such a situation

Last edited:
I will take him! We will work out the exchange of picks and salary component later.

I look forward to seeing him in a Dees kit at the start of pre-season training.

LOL!

I have never met Tom, but seems to be solid citizen and RFC are particular on that generally about the recruits they trade in.

Does not come across as a d?ck anyway

Did you know Prestia, his mate that came also from GC beforehand, used to follow the Demons before being drafted??

One thing about Lynch, he is about the same age as Gawn in terms of windows.

Gawn was a RFC supporter before he was drafted like some of the greats.

I have no issue with Gawn staying at Melbourne and winning premierships while RFC tries to get stronger for the years ahead

I was talking more about him swinging punches behind the play

As for off the the field. he lives local to me so I see him around town regularly. Shy and keeps to himself. Good neighbour!

You have to show some aggression and competitiveness on-field, if Tom was a flower he would cope abuse from everywhere and everyone that should know would know that is the case

You have to show some aggression and competitiveness on-field, if Tom was a flower he would cope abuse from everywhere and everyone that should know would know that is the case
hes a grub plain and simple.
That attitude and acrtions belong back in the 80s. Really good look for young kids coming through hey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is streets better than McKay though

Better over the course of his career, sure.
Next year? Less certain.
For the remainder of their respective careers? Highly doubt it.

Moot point as the point was correct - Carlton wouldn't look at Lynch if he was on the market. We have exactly 0 need for a 31 year old key forward on big money.

Better over the course of his career, sure.
Next year? Less certain.
For the remainder of their respective careers? Highly doubt it.

Moot point as the point was correct - Carlton wouldn't look at Lynch if he was on the market. We have exactly 0 need for a 31 year old key forward on big money.
He’s streets, and lots of them, ahead of McKay. Next year? Easily. Let’s see, he can mark better, easily kicks better. Will be the better player for at least another 3-4 years. If your List Manager has any idea, he’ll trade McKay while he still has some worth

He’s streets, and lots of them, ahead of McKay. Next year? Easily. Let’s see, he can mark better, easily kicks better. Will be the better player for at least another 3-4 years. If your List Manager has any idea, he’ll trade McKay while he still has some worth

Thanks for the input, but safe to say your thoughts on Carlton list management are way off.

Happy to revisit the McKay v Lynch discussion a few years down the track, but it’s great you’re backing your boy.

He must have won multiple Colemans then, if he's that many streets ahead of McKay?

At 2 years at either Collingwood or Melbourne he'd deliver a (or an additional) flag. Would slot in perfectly as their KPF.

Those 2 could easily afford to part with a good pick, basically for an increased crack at another flag.

I would like to think that a decades old and spiteful rivalry would stop Richmond from willingly trading Lynch to Collingwood!!!

Well, he’s got two things McKay will never ever have

Love when people bring up the premiership medal argument. Just confirms people are wasting their time with you.

If you need to point to premiership medal(s) to prove one player is better than another, you've officially reached the bottom of the barrel.

They have never and will never be a valid determinant for player quality; lots of ordinary players win them, and lots of great players don't.

Love when people bring up the premiership medal argument. Just confirms people are wasting their time with you.

If you need to point to premiership medal(s) to prove one player is better than another, you've officially reached the bottom of the barrel.

They have never and will never be a valid determinant for player quality; lots of ordinary players win them, and lots of great players don't.
Agree with you although without lynch in 2019 we don’t win the flag. His performance that year was outstanding along with him getting us over the line in the prelim.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back