Richmond - a metaphor for failure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true.
But it doesn't mean things won't change, don't underestimate the Tigers ... otherwise things will heaten up.
mad.gif

Hello Olmy, nice to see you again.

Somehow I was expecting something along the lines of this, although I didn't think it would take so long and didn't think that the troll would be you.

How disappointing.
frown.gif

There is much I could say here, but won't out of respect for Roylion, Mobbenfuhrer and all the other Roy's here.

------------------
TigerFury.net - Independant Richmond Tigers website

Don't worry about it Chilli. This is actually an example of Olmy's sense of humour. It is all tongue in cheek.

------------------

hmmmmmmmm i thought the ultimate gauge of success was the amount of times a club wins the premiership?after all that is every clubs aim to win the flag anything less would be deemed a failure so therefore while yes we have been pretty dissapointing in the last 20yrs u can put the likes of geelong,stkilda,footscray,melbourne,south/swans and equally collingwood as more dissapointing than the tigers.
cheers!

Originally posted by CJH:
Hello Olmy, nice to see you again.

Somehow I was expecting something along the lines of this, although I didn't think it would take so long and didn't think that the troll would be you.

How disappointing.
frown.gif

There is much I could say here, but won't out of respect for Roylion, Mobbenfuhrer and all the other Roy's here.

C'mon CJH - you know I like ya! I'm only having a go!

Don't worry about it Chilli. This is actually an example of Olmy's sense of humour. It is all tongue in cheek.

See Olmy!

I knew you were joking!

------------------

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Jethro Q Walrustitty:
Referring to an earlier post in this thread; isn't that one of the first signs of insanity?
wink.gif

? Not sure I follow JQW?
confused.gif

------------------

A subjective supposition like the one in your opening statement would be unlikely to ever be considered fact.

You have selected an arbitrary criteria and a discrete period of time, biased to support your purpose as proof that Richmond is synonymous with failure.

But as Tiger of Old has shown, if a different criterion is used, Richmond are far from a failure.

In this AFL competition, what ultimately is the final failure? I could argue that failing to exist in my own right is final and irreversible failure.

That Fitzroy now do not exist in the AFL in their own right is fact and irrefutable.

By your own reckoning, this would be very funny.

But it isn’t.

Is it?

------------------

Originally posted by Olmy:
Calm down CJH! You know I'm all for footy's cultural stereotypes!

Stereotypes are fun because they are invariably inaccurate which means the recipient gets narky! All a part of the passion!

------------------

Stereotypes are fun because they are invariably inaccurate which means the recipient gets narky! All a part of the passion!

The way I see it, is that these stereotypes have "half-truths" in them - thus the reason for people taking them seriously in the first place! Of course, apart from the half-truths, the rest might be just a big stir, but because at least half of it is accurate (or perhaps all - but just being twisted to mean something different), people still take these types of comments seriously.

A good thing too I say! There's nothing better than when you've been given a go by an opposition supporter, and you're able to give it back on the Monday after you've just beaten them!

hmmmmmmmm i thought the ultimate gauge of success was the amount of times a club wins the premiership?after all that is every clubs aim to win the flag anything less would be deemed a failure so therefore while yes we have been pretty dissapointing in the last 20yrs u can put the likes of geelong,stkilda,footscray,melbourne,south/swans and equally collingwood as more dissapointing than the tigers.
cheers!
:(.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back