Richmond...a reasonable run with injuries and they’re absolute morals to go back to back

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see Collingwood or Melbourne worrying them.
I'd expect Richmond to beat Geelong. Should be too strong for Sydney in Melbourne, but Sydney on their day could pip them.

Might be a bit left field, but Port for me are the best chance. They have the grunt to match them. Richmond seem to struggle against their solid defence. Have not scored above 76 against them since 2014.

WC (in Melbourne), North, GWS and Hawthorn no chance

Port just snuck over the line against Carlton. No one is beating Richmond at the MCG this year.

Assuming the top 4 in no order are Rance, Martin, Riewoldt, Cotchin then there's quite a few players you can make a case for being the 5th

Edwards, Lambert, Grimes, Astbury, Vlastuin, Caddy, Nankervis?

I'd go Edwards. Superbly talented.
This year it's quite clearly Caddy. Could argue he's top four for the Tigers.

A strong Richmond is good for the comp,I knew every club would fire right up because of Richmond’s flag,it was a given.

Footy is in good shape,nothing needs to be changed.

The umpires need a good hard look at them selves but the game is in great shape.

This is what happens at umpire hq when Richmond win a game.

Last edited:
Just to clarify my the context of my post was said in response to some of the "but we weren't at our best then, this year or last"

When it comes to form these days, the previous week can have as much relevance/irrelevance as the previous year.
lol doesnt matter what you say , at the end of the day richmond > nm those are the facts, we are better than you in almost every department, and when not at our best we still win. we now have players coming back just this week, with houli to come, gl

Collingwood currently sit second on the ladder. We are without Moore, Aish, Varcoe, Treloar, Elliott, Reid. Wells, Goldsack, Fasolo, Broomhead and now Dunn. This is a remarkable achievement. At near full strength and with continuity in all our better players we would be a real chance to knock off Richmond at the G on any day. Sadly, this will not happen. The Bombers will probably knock us off next week. We are ripe for a loss. Injuries can reach a tipping point. Our VFL side has lost four on the trot after sharing top spot with Richmond a month ago. I wonder why?:rolleyes:

When is someone gonna fix the thread title? ' monty ' got mangled by auto correct?? :eek:

Collingwood currently sit second on the ladder. We are without Moore, Aish, Varcoe, Treloar, Elliott, Reid. Wells, Goldsack, Fasolo, Broomhead and now Dunn. This is a remarkable achievement. At near full strength and with continuity in all our better players we would be a real chance to knock off Richmond at the G on any day. Sadly, this will not happen. The Bombers will probably knock us off next week. We are ripe for a loss. Injuries can reach a tipping point. Our VFL side has lost four on the trot after sharing top spot with Richmond a month ago. I wonder why?:rolleyes:

Wanna medal? :cool:
We weren’t expecting your pressure last time but we will be ready next time. I’d be expecting to control the game against you next time

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wanna medal? :cool:
We weren’t expecting your pressure last time but we will be ready next time. I’d be expecting to control the game against you next time
No-just a pat on the back for achieving so much with so many of our best missing. I'd expect to control Richmond if you had our injury list.

Even our VFL team would even beat half these shithouse teams in the AFL at the moment.

The problem is most teams now think recruiting 17 and 18 years olds are going to make you great in 2 or 3 years. No ******* idea

It also helps playing teams in the bottom half of the 8 to get nearly all your wins.

Why do Collingwood fans complain about their injuries so much? It has been an absolute blessing in disguise for them because they have brought in some great young talent and improved them dramatically . Treloar and Elliot and maybe Reid would be the only players when fit walk in

If one of Rance, Riewoldt, Martin or Nankervis go down, they come back to the pack very, very quickly.
If one of Pendles, Treloar, Sidebottom or Grundy go down, you come back to the pack very, very quickly. You can say the same for ANY side, not just us. Look at WC without Kennedy/Darling, they're struggling.

It's amazing isn't it? You lose your best players you struggle. Who would have thought?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back