AFLW Richmond AFLW B&F

Remove this Banner Ad

Was mighty close , I actually thought kB might tie the lead during season , had a great year

Great work Bojangles.

Happy that Bec Miller was right up there in the voting too.

Equal Second KB and Ellie

Winner:Mon Conti.

Conti been the most consistent and best
Cordner excellent in the back half...solid and reliable
KB ...classy...and finally found goals when we had a string of wins
love Stahl in our F50...loves a goal

imagine Ellie Mc next year ...jet

Conti been the most consistent and best
Cordner excellent in the back half...solid and reliable
KB ...classy...and finally found goals when we had a string of wins
love Stahl in our F50...loves a goal

imagine Ellie Mc next year ...jet
Thought KB finished the season really strongly and Conti maybe wasn’t her brilliant best , she’s so good sets a high bar so prob gets marked a little higher

Listened to kB and mon Conti speeches , terrific they were . No doubt how much the girls are invested in the club and pretty clear the Richmond way is being imparted full on in the woman’s program which is terrific to see. Look forward to next months trade period see if we can build the list further ,,,,oh and for the Kate Sheahan haters, mon Conti thanked her for getting her to Richmond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listened to kB and mon Conti speeches , terrific they were . No doubt how much the girls are invested in the club and pretty clear the Richmond way is being imparted full on in the woman’s program which is terrific to see. Look forward to next months trade period see if we can build the list further ,,,,oh and for the Kate Sheahan haters, mon Conti thanked her for getting her to Richmond

Good call.

Lily Mithen (Demons)?
A Tigers supporter from what i've heard, should we have a crack for her?
Kate Sheahan was involved with Kb and Conti coming to Richmond :)

Lily Mithen (Demons)?

Her dad is Anthony Mithen who was a Richmond board member from 2004-2009. He's a mad Tiger. Lily def followed Richmond. Reckon Anthony would have kicked her out otherwise.

She also has a fair family connection with Melbourne though with her grandfather's cousin being triple Melbourne premiership player and two time B & F winner Laurie Mithen.

Would be a bloody good get. Lily that is....reckon Laurie's best is behind him.

Her dad is Anthony Mithen who was a Richmond board member from 2004-2009. He's a mad Tiger. Lily def followed Richmond. Reckon Anthony would have kicked her out otherwise.

She also has a fair family connection with Melbourne though with her grandfather's cousin being triple Melbourne premiership player and two time B & F winner Laurie Mithen.

She’d be a good get I reckon , am I right pretty quick . We need to target some pace that can also play . We need a fire starter

Lily Mithen (Demons)?
is she any relation to anthony mithen sports journo a fews years back
think he became involved in the horses

you just answered my question thanks mate

surely young Laurie would be a lock for geelong in 2022

the afl said they were seriously considering priority draft pics for some womens teams for next season
hope we get one or two extra picks

If the AFL is serious about evening up the competition then they absolutely have to do it. You absolutely cannot have any more teams enter AFLW until much more evenness exists.

You only have to look at the ladder as a guide. Look at those percentages. 4 of the top 6 had percentages greater than 185% and Carlton at 7 had 125.8%. Compare that to the bottom 4. Its comparable to having men's AFL teams at the top section of the ladder and VFL teams at the bottom. It just cannot go on like this or fans (not the painted on ones but the casual followers) will just turn off. It will undo all of the good work.

To be honest, and don't get me wrong we have definitely made progress but our win/loss and % were flattered by wins against the three bottom sides so you definitely have to throw us in the mix of getting some extra picks.

1618816334328.png

I think any draft assistance or concessions will be concentrated on Geelong, West Coast and Gold Coast with Richmond, St Kilda and the Dogs all to a lesser extent having an argument for smaller concessions, based on 2021 form.

Building up West Coast and Gold Coast will have an impact on Fremantle and Brisbane.

In Victoria concessions hugely impact on the better clubs from 2021 unless all 4 of the Cats, Tigers, Saints and Dogs get fairly big help.

I think any draft assistance or concessions will be concentrated on Geelong, West Coast and Gold Coast with Richmond, St Kilda and the Dogs all to a lesser extent having an argument for smaller concessions, based on 2021 form.

Building up West Coast and Gold Coast will have an impact on Fremantle and Brisbane.

In Victoria concessions hugely impact on the better clubs from 2021 unless all 4 of the Cats, Tigers, Saints and Dogs get fairly big help.

If the AFL is serious about evening up the competition then they absolutely have to do it. You absolutely cannot have any more teams enter AFLW until much more evenness exists.

You only have to look at the ladder as a guide. Look at those percentages. 4 of the top 6 had percentages greater than 185% and Carlton at 7 had 125.8%. Compare that to the bottom 4. Its comparable to having men's AFL teams at the top section of the ladder and VFL teams at the bottom. It just cannot go on like this or fans (not the painted on ones but the casual followers) will just turn off. It will undo all of the good work.

To be honest, and don't get me wrong we have definitely made progress but our win/loss and % were flattered by wins against the three bottom sides so you definitely have to throw us in the mix of getting some extra picks.

View attachment 1106566

In Vic i think Geelong will definitely get a concession pick to be on traded for a player like the Tigers got last year
But Tigers, Saints and Dogs don't think so unfortunately, with the foundation Vic Clubs screaming blue murder every time they lose a player

I strongly agree with TigermanM2, that although the Tigers won 3 games and had a decent %, our 2 biggest wins were against GC and Cats who were very poor all season & WC who i'd say are in the same boat as us (Bottom 4-5)
The League is catching up in mid May, with Jeff Kennett crapping on how Hawthorn deserves a license in 2022, which i don't agree with
At the earliest 2023, maybe 2024 season would be better for Hawks, Bombers, Power & Swans expansion in some shape or form
So it will be interesting to see what transpires

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back