Richmond and Collingwood, the winners of the AFL's expansion drafts

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
You're insecurity is very cute. Consistent success > being a meme for 30+ years before beating up on broken/expansion clubs. :$

O.K. you got me, I am a huge fan of the Eagles, am jealous as hell of their incredible success
I will admit here on this forum that the West Coast Eagles are the most fantastic, incredible, wonderful, amazing club in the corrupt, rigged VFL
The insanely great Eagles should have each flag X 4 for all the difficulty that they've had, travelling, corrupt fixtures and more
The Eagles are too good, by far and the sooner we get the unfair MCG GF over to Optus Stadium the better for the integrity of the AFL

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
O.K. you got me, I am a huge fan of the Eagles, am jealous as hell of their incredible success
I will admit here on this forum that the West Coast Eagles are the most fantastic, incredible, wonderful, amazing club in the corrupt, rigged VFL
The insanely great Eagles should have each flag X 4 for all the difficulty that they've had, travelling, corrupt fixtures and more
The Eagles are too good, by far and the sooner we get the unfair MCG GF over to Optus Stadium the better for the integrity of the AFL
You said it champ, haha

ryancash

All Australian
Apr 27, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
And there it is again. 'champ'
Another wc sore loser.
entitled sooks.
LOL, I was "Champed" 3 times yesterday just for sticking up for my team. I'll take it as a compliment......as we are the champions. You get these sooks come on here, slag off Richmonds success, and when you defend your team somehow you become an arrogant campaigner. Fk the sooks mate, give em heaps.

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
What a stupid thing to put in The public domain . And who is Chris masten? Never heard of him .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He is a legendary, incredible Eagles player who they unfortunately delisted, as the Eagles team is far superior now and can't fit him in their list
They are chock full of elite talent and he was only an B grader, not good enough for the fantastically feathered fiendish Eagle side

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
The draft and salary cap are designed to even up the competition, but I believe you can argue that these attempts to level the playing field have been compromised by three factors:
1. Free agency, and the pull of big Vic clubs
2. Gold Coast and to a lesser extent GWS, and the lack of player interest in sticking around at those clubs
3. Endorsements/media income in Victoria, which makes the salary cap a bit of a farce

Looking back at the 2010 AFL Draft, Richmond came out with the haul of four players from the first round:
Pick 6 - Reece Conca, picked by Richmond
Pick 7 - Josh Caddy, Gold Coast --> Richmond
Pick 9 - Dion Prestia, Gold Coast --> Richmond
Pick 11 - Tom Lynch, Gold Coast --> Richmond

2011 AFL Draft, Collingwood effectively picked up three
[picked underage, could have been pick 1] Adam Treloar, GWS --> Collingwood
Pick 4 - Will Hoskin-Elliot, GWS --> Collingwood
Pick 13 - Taylor Adams, GWS --> Collingwood

These players are now in their prime, and unsurprisingly they've become vital pieces in two of the most talented sides in the comp. If GWS/Gold Coast never existed, it's likely a bunch of them would have been drafted elsewhere. Just looking at the 2009 AFL ladder, you'd have Port Adelaide pick 7, Essendon pick 9, Brisbane pick 11 for the 2010 crop. For 2011 (ignoring Gold Coast) you'd have West Coast pick 1, Brisbane pick 4, Bulldogs pick 13.

It's really unlikely that Richmond and Collingwood would have had as easy a time poaching players off Essendon, the Bulldogs and West Coast.

Obviously the clubs had to have the home grown talent to have a contending list that would be attractive to homesick talent, which is why other teams with similar prestige like Carlton haven't been able to quite do the same, but I think this unusual period of history has given Richmond and Collingwood the edge to be the best in the comp, rather than simply 'very good'.

Yes your OP is correct to a slight degree only
Look at the Collingwood list, Treloar, Hoskin-Elliot, Adams, are all elite probably top 5 players in the comp
Richmond's pickups in Caddy, Prestia, Lynch, are spuds that have been given 1)lucky rigged fixtures 2)they play at the MCG too much, cheats and
3) haven't improved the s**t, cheating AFL gifting Richmond side
In fact they have made Richmond go backwards, truth be known, when the fixture was fair for all clubs where was tigers sitting=9th I tell you
9th mond was where they were, it was only the highly corrupt AFL, fixture and cheating they rose up the ladder, bradburyed another GF win
Collingwood and Carlton for that matter, by far have benefited from GWS, GC raiding and wouldn't be surprised to see both dominate for years because of this
Why doesn't the AFL help the pies and blues as much as they have helped the cheating, MCG GF rigging 9th mond?

Niggles

custom title:
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Sorry for my ignorance, but I never really understood how 'Champ' is an insult. I thought it was short for champion, which is a good thing.
It's meant to be condescending, but the first sign of an impending sook usually. Once you're dealing with a champ caller, you know there's not much up top and you'll soon cop those 9 t h mond or microwave hilarious gags.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
It's meant to be condescending, but the first sign of an impending sook usually. Once you're dealing with a champ caller, you know there's not much up top and you'll soon cop those 9 t h mond or microwave hilarious gags.
The only one sooking around these parts appears to be you champ, waaaa you don’t respect my team bahahaha ok champ

Goomba1973

Team Captain
Aug 13, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
New York Mets
And its started.......again. Richmond fans ..... just add a flag and they turn into complete flogs.

Can Big Footy please delevop an ignor button for teams please!

Then Tigers fans can just come on here and blow hot air up each others arses without troubling the rest of us.

Now trot off and go thank Gill and the boys for that gift wrapped flag you just won.
Don't mind them, they did absolutely nothing for 37 years , then won 2 flags in three seasons. Let them have their moment in the sun.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
What a stupid thing to put in The public domain . And who is Chris masten? Never heard of him .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remember that guy the eagles took just after our dual premiership captain and brownlow medallist Trent Cotchin
You know the guy they used the Judd pick to get

Back