News Richmond and Jeep partnership ends - NIB announced as new Jumper sponsor

Remove this Banner Ad

Latitude will takeover. if I was a car company Id be racing to sponsor Richmond as the clubs car sponsor. Haval the chinese mob would probably pay truckloads to sponsor us and get their name on our uniform somewhere.

I will never forget a very good friend of mine Mustafa ( John ) Ilhan was intending to sponsor Richmond for as long as he lived but unfortunately he died of a heart attack ages 42 in 2007 2 years prior to his intended sponsorship ( he had already spoken with the club and made them aware of his intentions.

He was a great Richmond man and crazy Richmond supporter

Latitude will takeover. if I was a car company Id be racing to sponsor Richmond as the clubs car sponsor. Haval the chinese mob would probably pay truckloads to sponsor us and get their name on our uniform somewhere.
I would be very surprised given the size of Haval's operations in Australia if China would open up the purse strings enough for that level of sponsorship

I will never forget a very good friend of mine Mustafa ( John ) Ilhan was intending to sponsor Richmond for as long as he lived but unfortunately he died of a heart attack ages 42 in 2007 2 years prior to his intended sponsorship ( he had already spoken with the club and made them aware of his intentions.

He was a great Richmond man and crazy Richmond supporter
He strung the club along with that promise every year for about 10 years, nothing ever happened. He just loved getting the free publicity from it being mentioned in the papers.

Last edited:
I would be very surprised given the size of Haval's operating in Australia if China would open up the purse strings enough for that level of sponsorship

He strung the club along with that promise every year for about 10 years, nothing ever happened. He just loved getting the free publicity from it being mentioned in the papers.

Thats not correct mate and he didnt string them along at all
He had every intention to sponsor the club and wanted to become the sole sponsor for both shorts & jumper

His 1st discussions were in 2001 and due to his company having to switch from telstra to Voda he was unable to but was always intending to sponsor.
He was a man that stood by his word and he once made a promise when he only employed 20 staff that if he ever made it he would give all of them $1 mil each. Guess what He gave them more

Wow, I don't kbow why people are excited by sponsorships.
Our jumper has green on it because of sponsors.
Is it a club or just a product to be exploited?

Mate it's not the 1970s anymore. And we can all thank our lucky stars it's not like the bum sniffing with logos everywhere.

Mate it's not the 1970s anymore. And we can all thank our lucky stars it's not like the bum sniffing with logos everywhere.
The old jumper with the CUB logo,best.
Channeling my inner VB-Longneck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everthing including the football,goalposts, umpires, the ground , the banner, the press conference, the training jumper, the charities ect are plastered with corporate crap and it gets worse every year.
Have you not noticed that?

in fairness the Jeep logo on the sash matched perfectly with our kit- hopefully they dont go the blue lattitude logo with white background - will make it look weird

Wow, I don't kbow why people are excited by sponsorships.
Our jumper has green on it because of sponsors.
Is it a club or just a product to be exploited?
Personally I’ve enjoyed winning flags in recent years which almost certainly would never have happened if not for the big bad sponsors.
In fact we’d probably be getting relocated to Tasmania in a best case scenario if the board lives in lala land and decided to have no sponsors.

So, can I come out now and say Jeep's are rubbish?

Still remember the first time I closed a Jeep door and went 'WTF, these doors feel and sound like a tin can early 70's Land Rover'...and then use 40X the fuel to travel the same distance at the same speed. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back