News Richmond and Jeep partnership ends - NIB announced as new Jumper sponsor

Remove this Banner Ad

the backing. they have the light green or white for a reason

you are wanting to ditch that, which means altering their image
Let's not pretend that there is no precedent of this when it literally is happening right now with our current sponsor.

Of course you don't have to agree - but let's not create imaginary red tape.

Club maybe couldn't care about the aesthetics? We'll wait and see, this could just be a concept... but having a multimedia design background - it burns my eyes like Rainier Wolfcastle on set as Radioactive Man.

1634514021755.png

Who's tampering?

Maybe go to their website mate?

View attachment 1262720
He’s referring to the actual colour of the logo 3rd party’s just can’t alter logos to suit especially colours
Company’s pay a lot of money to secure the rights to colours and we can’t just make the NIB logo black
They would already need a trademarked black logo to use

Let's not pretend that there is no precedent of this when it literally is happening right now with our current sponsor.

Club maybe couldn't care about the aesthetics? We'll wait and see, this could just be a concept... but having a multimedia design background - it burns my eyes like Rainier Wolfcastle on set as Radioactive Man.

View attachment 1262727
Latitude would already have an offical white logo
It wouldn’t of just been us changing it for the sake of it

View attachment 1262727

many moons ago i worked for a company who sponsored an AFL side (Port) and Cricket Australia.

EVERYTHING about the logo is included in the sponsorship agreement. the pantone numbers are explicitly specified, the size, location (down to how many cm's from each position), and so on.

the background colour would 100% be included in this discussion. If RFC negotiate what they want, great, but it does take two to sign an agreement - we cannot just impose

I remember in the 90's one firm were pissed because the branded hat the players were supposed to wear after a win wasnt worn by one player (we was wearing just a normal cap instead). thats how detailed and anal these agreements get

I guess it depends on the company. Some companies are open to changes while others are pretty strict on their logo. I used to work for Siemens and they have their own font and colour copyrighted
I work in the print industry the corporate logos are absolutely one of the hardest parts about my job
We have had entire Jobs re print at our cost due to customers not being happy about the reproduction of logos and colours

I work in the print industry the corporate logos are absolutely one of the hardest parts about my job
We have had entire Jobs re print at our cost due to customers not being happy about the reproduction of logos and colours
Companies like Siemens and Cadbury see the font and colour critical to their branding. It is instantly recognisable

Companies like Siemens and Cadbury see the font and colour critical to their branding. It is instantly recognisable
That’s also why I think NIB would be pushing the green
Looks like they are rebranding with that lighter green and moving away from the deep green that is similar to the bingle logo
They would want that new logo in front of as many faces as possible and as quickly as possible
They would be paying big bucks to sponsor us to help create brand recognition with the new logo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's nothing special about that nib logo though. Surely they realise that Richmond fans will be more supportive of them if they don't deface our jumper.

The green nib logo would work fine on our yellow sash without needing that horrible puke green block background.

I always find it comical how much people care about a little logo on the jumper. Who gives a sh*t? They pay up they can put whatever color they want. We'll still be nearly all yellow and black. Outside of that I couldn't give a stuff
it's that sort of mindset that leads to this type of s**t
images (71).jpeg

NIB have already got bang for the their buck and the ink is barely dry on the agreement. The use of their colour scheme and the placement on the jumper have worked a treat.

How many are talking about NIB today, whether it's in a good way or a bad way, they are being spoken about. Even had people clicking on to their website to look at things. What's the bet that some of you who are critical will look at their site in the future when it comes to health insurance because it's now in your mind.

Personally I couldn't give a crap what colour the sponsors logo is on the front of the jumper, it's not that big and doesn't really take that much space and the bottom line of the balance sheet looks a bit better having them on board.

They haven't presented it on that green background though. Instead its on some washed out puke green that I've never seen used by them before.
They are going through a re-branding exercise, this is their new logo and probably forms part of why they are using the sponsorship of a major football team to help get it out to market.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back