Richmond are in serious trouble if Hawks secure 4th spot

Remove this Banner Ad

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The Hawks might beat the Tiger about 10% of the time. We struggle against teams that apply great pressure, like the Saints did on Saturday.

That is also why we beat Geelong twice this year. (It's not all bad news).

Always Ballin

Social Activist. Freedom Fighter. Feminist.
Jan 11, 2015
Main Forum Poster
AFL Club
West Coast
The Hawks might beat the Tiger about 10% of the time. We struggle against teams that apply great pressure, like the Saints did on Saturday.

That is why we beat Geelong twice this year. (It's not all bad news).
At worst, it nullifies Richmond's MCG advantage. I guess you could say the same if Collingwood got 4th but I don't think they're as good as Hawthorn at the MCG (Atleast with their injuries right now)

Always Ballin

Jan 11, 2015
Main Forum Poster
AFL Club
West Coast
And if there's a coach that knows how to deconstruct high pressure teams, it's definitely Clarkson.

He did it all decade long... Doesn't quite have the personnel like before, but it can still be done. That slice and dice possession game can and will eventually find Richmond's achilles heel.

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
At worst, it nullifies Richmond's MCG advantage. I guess you could say the same if Collingwood got 4th but I don't think they're as good as Hawthorn at the MCG (Atleast with their injuries right now)

People need to stop looking to the Hawks for the answer. It will only happen if the Tigers trip over themselves.

It will need to come from someone else. Geelong i think might have the components, but they can't seem to get it together.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

That is also why we beat Geelong twice this year. (It's not all bad news).

"We struggle against teams that apply great pressure"

Name the teams who enjoy playing against high pressure

Always Ballin

Jan 11, 2015
Main Forum Poster
AFL Club
West Coast
People need to stop looking to the Hawks for the answer. It will only happen if the Tigers trip over themselves.

It will need to come from someone else. Geelong i think might have the components, but they can't seem to get it together.
Geelong are not in a position to have a one-off chance to take it up to Richmond

Anything can happen in a finals game. Hawthorn are incredibly dangerous to anyone in a one-off finals game. Exponentially so when it's at the G.

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Geelong are not in a position to have a one-off chance to take it up to Richmond

Anything can happen in a finals game. Hawthorn are incredibly dangerous to anyone in a one-off finals game. Exponentially so when it's at the G.

Yeah, if we play them one off in a grand final, we have a chance like any other GF team.
But really, if you watch the Hawks as often as i do, we do really well when the game is on our terms. Richmond's game plan does not suit us at all.

Brisbane. North, Swans, we struggle against this year. And also Port, GWS, Tigers. St Kilda last night.

Adelaide, Geelong, Melbourne... we can cope with. When it is open and primarily a contest of zone game plans we do okay.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always Ballin

Jan 11, 2015
Main Forum Poster
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah, if we play them one off in a grand final, we have a chance like any other GF team.
But really, if you watch the Hawks as often as i do, we do really well when the game is on our terms. Richmond's game plan does not suit us at all.
Maybe so. I still hold weight in Hawthorn and Clarkson's reputation and resume. They are not that far removed from the good times.

Still a round of football to go. Nothing in set in stone.

I just think Hawthorn is the worst possible 4th seed for Richmond.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Maybe so. I still hold weight in Hawthorn and Clarkson's reputation and resume. They are not that far removed from the good times.

Still a round of football to go. Nothing in set in stone.

I just think Hawthorn is the worst possible 4th seed for Richmond.

As a 4th seed, you might be right. But i was thinking more as a contender.

Exactly! Thank you. Keep saying that.

It’s true though. There’s not a team that can go 4 quarters with us. Teams can go 2-3 quarters, but not the whole game.
We will run the hawks off their feet. They are no chance, and i have seen nothing from them all year to suggest otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Always Ballin

Jan 11, 2015
Main Forum Poster
AFL Club
West Coast
It’s true though. There’s not a team that can go 4 quarters with us. Teams can go 2-3 quarters, but not the whole game.
We will run the hawks off their feet. They are no chance, and i have seen nothing from them all year to suggest otherwise.

Full strength Eagles >>>

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I have a lot of Richmond friends, so i am enjoying their success. And you have all the reasons in the world to be confident.

So i say this kindly... Richmond fans do not remember a losing GF and what that feels like and how it can happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back