Status in Question Richmond board infighting (Damian Barrett story so take it how you will)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not hard to believe is it?

They are constantly defending their decisions and players despite it leading them nowhere...the decision to 'just make finals' at the expense of a real shot at a premiership still boggles my mind.

Gale's defence was that Hardwick had a good relationship with the players...you dont hang everything on that.

It was a meeting with people that arnt on the board that are thinking about challenging.
Wealthy backers and coutire group members.
Barrett reported that not all where in favor of a spill but watch this space IMO.
If we get thrashed by the Pies on Friday night heads will roll IMO.

I respect the loyal Richmond fans who keep fronting up week in week out, Wouldn't be bloody easy.
Thanks mate, has sure been an infuriating couple of weeks! But like all clubs falling on hard times in the last 3 years, we can fall back on that comforting thought 'at least we're not essendon'. Obviously you guys don't have that option, and I just wanted to say I super respect how hard it must be for you guys and how you've stuck fat, I'm sure it goes for the fans of all 17 other clubs. Take care.

Thanks mate, has sure been an infuriating couple of weeks! But like all clubs falling on hard times in the last 3 years, we can fall back on that comforting thought 'at least we're not essendon'. Obviously you guys don't have that option, and I just wanted to say I super respect how hard it must be for you guys and how you've stuck fat, I'm sure it goes for the fans of all 17 other clubs. Take care.

I'd rather be in our position than yours, Reckon you would be too when it's all said and done.

And FWIW "At least we aren't Richmond" is a pretty famous saying in football circles.

I love how everyone cares so much, other clubs would kill for the amount of press we get, have a good win on the weekend, doesn't matter because the scribes will be talking tigers.

The other thing i love, were supposedly imploding but other teams having outstanding years are either equal or 1 win ahead of us. hahahahahahahahaha

I'd rather be in our position than yours, Reckon you would be too when it's all said and done.

And FWIW "At least we aren't Richmond" is a pretty famous saying in football circles.
I wouldn't, you are going 1-21, even clubs on their knees manage to win 3-4 games in a season but keep believing the players coming back will lift you out of the bottom four. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love how everyone cares so much, other clubs would kill for the amount of press we get, have a good win on the weekend, doesn't matter because the scribes will be talking tigers.

It's this attitude that has ****ed the Tigers. Similar to "We are Carlton, * the rest"

Richmond is a club that gets lost in its own self importance at the expense of looking for ways to improve.

I respect the loyal Richmond fans who keep fronting up week in week out, Wouldn't be bloody easy.

I have said these last couple of years re the Bombers , it's not the supporters fault what has happened & I have felt for you guys. Even a few weeks ago at the g after bringing my 3 young kids down for the day to watch, when you guys got to within a kick in the last I looked at some of your supporters & how happy you were. Right or wrong it's the passion in us & we can't help that or what our club dishes up to us.

I wouldn't, you are going 1-21, even clubs on their knees manage to win 3-4 games in a season but keep believing the players coming back will lift you out of the bottom four. ;)

& there's no reason for that now, is there? So what are Richmonds?:drunk:

No guesses for who would be favoured in a quick straw poll of which team will be better placed next season, Essendon or Richmond.

The other thing i love, were supposedly imploding but other teams having outstanding years are either equal or 1 win ahead of us. hahahahahahahahaha

In other words, you are happy to be compared to Melbourne and Carlton :drunk:

Both clubs supporters can accept that our clubs have been desperately mismanaged in the past decade and we are only coming out of our darkest periods (just about of all time) now.

But yeah I'm sure you find that hilarious :drunk:

Should merge with Essendon and create a super club of mediocrity!
christ almighty, imagine it!
But retaining both yellow and red sashes in a crossed fashion on the black background would be a pretty cool guernsey..or maybe weird..can some talented person mock that up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back