Prediction Richmond can & will win the flag in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Tiges1229

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 26, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I regard this as a non season. An asterisk. I've barely posted this year because its all so empty and uninvolving.

Footy without crowds is nothing.

Am I alone in being totally turned off by the bloodless stuff non-crowd footy is?

I Don’t like the no crowds but what’s really irking me and can’t stand is the 15 min quarters .

The best part is that after we win this year's flag, everyone will talk about how the premiership has a massive asterisk and our B2B doesn't count. That will drive the boys to work even harder next year to complete our three-peat with #14.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
No Nank, Prestia, Astbury, Houli, Edwards at a minimum. Not to mention the hub challenges in itself which some sides have struggled with, and we already weren't in the best form.

We are gonna struggle, a bad block of games here might put us too far back in a shortened season.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I Don’t like the no crowds but what’s really irking me and can’t stand is the 15 min quarters .
Honestly watching from home, the fake noise is fine enough to not be bothered by no crowd. Doesn't phase me any more watching on TV. They have vastly improved how they do it.

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Looking forward to having a look more at some of the fringe players.

Could have a bit of the same smell as last year. Get halfway through the season at 6 and 6 then get players back, get motivated and go on a streak.

Looking forward to having a look more at some of the fringe players.

Could have a bit of the same smell as last year. Get halfway through the season at 6 and 6 then get players back, get motivated and go on a streak.

Halfway through the season at 6-6

If we are 6-6 (plus our draw), the season will be nearly over

Halfway through the season at 6-6

If we are 6-6 (plus our draw), the season will be nearly over

Probably need to be 6-5-1. If we win our last 5 games, we'll have 11 wins plus the draw, which should be enough for top 4. Possibly even 1st place, given that usually, a team with 11 wins sits 1st come round 17.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Probably need to be 6-5-1. If we win our last 5 games, we'll have 11 wins plus the draw, which should be enough for top 4. Possibly even 1st place, given that usually, a team with 11 wins sits 1st come round 17.
I doubt many teams have ever been first with 11 wins after R17. That means 6 losses (or occasionally 5 and a draw). The only minor premiers in the last 11 years who had that many losses in the entire season were Adelaide in 2017 and Geelong last year, who had a bunch of late season losses. I would have thought 11-5-1 would be enough for top 4 this year though.

I doubt many teams have ever been first with 11 wins after R17. That means 6 losses (or occasionally 5 and a draw). The only minor premiers in the last 11 years who had that many losses in the entire season were Adelaide in 2017 and Geelong last year, who had a bunch of late season losses. I would have thought 11-5-1 would be enough for top 4 this year though.

That's fair logic, I was just going by an article I read on the AFL website. Possible I misunderstood it, or they're just idiots.

Edit: yep, I totally misread it. Probably 9 wins for top 8, 11 for top 4, 13 for first I reckon.

Vassp

Premiership Player
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
No Nank, Prestia, Astbury, Houli, Edwards at a minimum. Not to mention the hub challenges in itself which some sides have struggled with, and we already weren't in the best form.

We are gonna struggle, a bad block of games here might put us too far back in a shortened season.
yep, its going to be tough that's for sure, that's why we needed to turn up every week to play, instead of the trash we put out the last few weeks, could you imagine we had only lost one game till now? we would have enough points up our sleeve to drop a few games and still be in contention.

Mar 14, 2009
MCG
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham

Maybe. If we can't beat Sydney even without half our team out then we don't deserve to contend anyways.

I still think we can put a competitive team out of the park and win our next couple games. I reckon half our VFL team would've been getting consistent games at a Carlton but haven't had the opportunity here given our team has been so strong.

CholEstrol

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Found this one on YouTube. Great songs and great Richmond highlights.
Its for the supporters who I feel have forgotten about our greatness in the last few years.
Is also a timely reminder of my favorite player Jack Riewoldt.

jc12

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
The best part is that after we win this year's flag, everyone will talk about how the premiership has a massive asterisk and our B2B doesn't count. That will drive the boys to work even harder next year to complete our three-peat with #14.
Mate we could win the flag with short people and theyd still try to put an astrix to it. Legit they tried to put our flags as an astrix due to having no injuries LOL cooked oppo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back