Prediction Richmond can & will win the flag in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon we're really struggling to deal with the restart, and teams have just packed their defence meaning we run into a wall. We'll adjust. Dimma is frustrated, the team is frustrated. But we adapt, we'll get ti going.

I really feel JR will come good. Dusty will start to get more healed ribs and will get going. We'll come home hard. I just hope we win enough games to be in a good position come finals. Right now we are only getting going.

I've got to chuckle a bit, for all the talk of how s**t we've been (which I agree), we sit 6th on the ladder. That's when you know you're a good side.
For all the talk and hype about how good the Saints have looked and their improvement, compared to us, we sit above them on the ladder lol.

I just watched this again. I hope the players revisit this and rediscover their belief. We are NOT done. We need to solidify our dynasty and win grand finals while we still can. We have the right team and system but need to get back to our best and fast!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I just watched this again. I hope the players revisit this and rediscover their belief. We are NOT done. We need to solidify our dynasty and win grand finals while we still can. We have the right team and system but need to get back to our best and fast!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The famous Richmond pressure and Richmond forward surge are returning slowly. People forget that we have been masters of these two crucial elements of a footy game for a few years now, plus a very organised Rance inspired defense that is still the best with Richmond greats Vlaustin and Grimes. I have no doubt any clubs with their eye on the Cup this year are glancing behind to see what the Yellow and Black are up to. We're in the 6 and it's menacing.

Teams have worked out that we win by surging through running hard, so by having more players on the defensive side we run into brick walls. It also changes how they attack us. We have to adapt to that.

Also we are not playing very well and have a heap of quality out.

So as the season goes on we'll adjust our game plan and get better. Hopefully the best teams won't be focused solely on stopping us, cause then our normal game will work.

Win this week and we're getting into the right place to challenge again. If we get there and get players back I reckon we'll make is 3 out of 4.

Tigers are 4th for average inside 50's & 3rd for generating fwd half turnovers. Our issue is we score from 42% of our inside 50's which is 15th in the comp. Fix that conversion & we are off to the races. Also if our fwds can't mark it we need to get it ground far more often which allows our smalls to bring that pressure back which has been lacking this yr. #gotiges!

Tigers are 4th for average inside 50's & 3rd for generating fwd half turnovers. Our issue is we score from 42% of our inside 50's which is 15th in the comp. Fix that conversion & we are off to the races. Also if our fwds can't mark it we need to get it ground far more often which allows our smalls to bring that pressure back which has been lacking this yr. #gotiges!

We're still a top team. But the vehicle is spluttering along rather than humming. A bit of tuning and improvement of attitude adn we'll start to come home hard.

I reckon the 8 games in 6 weeks suits us. Teams will be tired and 1/2 ground down coming into games. Our style loves that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're still a top team. But the vehicle is spluttering along rather than humming. A bit of tuning and improvement of attitude adn we'll start to come home hard.

I reckon the 8 games in 6 weeks suits us. Teams will be tired and 1/2 ground down coming into games. Our style loves that.
I have never even considered that. To this stage we are the worst performed team in the 8 thus far & we all know what our upside is which the other teams can't match.

All you guys saying we are s**t, I say we are timing the run to perfection.

No team can beat our pressure game unless they have pin point disposal and can play keepings off so no turnovers. That's how our game plan gets beaten but it's not easy to get the disposal efficiency required.

I've seen the Richmond way creep back into our game the past 2 weeks. Wgaf what the other teams in the top 4 are doing, none of them are dominating.

All you guys saying we are sh*t, I say we are timing the run to perfection.

No team can beat our pressure game unless they have pin point disposal and can play keepings off so no turnovers. That's how our game plan gets beaten but it's not easy to get the disposal efficiency required.

I've seen the Richmond way creep back into our game the past 2 weeks. Wgaf what the other teams in the top 4 are doing, none of them are dominating.

This ^^^^

Port for instance have only played 1 top 8 side this yr & lost it easily. Ess played a half decent side tonight & got smacked off the the park....

Saw an interesting stat this morning.

Carlton has had 17 players play all matches so far this season. Brisbane is next with 16. They've had good runs.

Gold Coast and West Coast have had 14 players play all games. 13 for each of Port, the Giants, Kangas and Saints. All these sides are pretty settled.

Only two sides have had single-digit players play all games. Adelaide is on 8 (which includes 5 debutants). Understandable stat.

Richmond is on 7, the fewest number of players to have played all games this season.

To be getting the job done under these circumstances is very satisfying.

Saw an interesting stat this morning.

Carlton has had 17 players play all matches so far this season. Brisbane is next with 16. They've had good runs.

Gold Coast and West Coast have had 14 players play all games. 13 for each of Port, the Giants, Kangas and Saints. All these sides are pretty settled.

Only two sides have had single-digit players play all games. Adelaide is on 8 (which includes 5 debutants). Understandable stat.

Richmond is on 7, the fewest number of players to have played all games this season.

To be getting the job done under these circumstances is very satisfying.
Just like last year when we had 2 play all 25 games.
Best bit was the two were Prestia and Lynch, would've been almost the most unlikely pair at the start of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back