News Richmond chasing Josh Schache

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just mentioned on SEN that Richmond have been talking with Jack Gunstons people and we are eager to get him
I reckon we'd be better getting a true tall (~200cm) FF. JR plays similar style to Gunston and similar ages. Ideal complement would be someone in the mould of Patton.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I reckon we'd be better getting a true tall (~200cm) FF. JR plays similar style to Gunston and similar ages. Ideal complement would be someone in the mould of Patton.

I don't think this means we wont look for a genuine KPF, just another part to the puzzle.

Very interesting in Shache for the right price. I'm more interested in the club throwing some $ at Redpath and see what happens, recently dropped, and with Dickson, Boyd and Roughead all seemingly preferred first options I think he'd be a good get and relatively cheap as well.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

No thanks to Redpath. Will be 27 to start next season and 28 to start the 2019 season. We're better than that, regardless of how cheap he might be.

No thanks to Redpath. Will be 27 to start next season and 28 to start the 2019 season. We're better than that, regardless of how cheap he might be.
You do realise all of Cotchin, Riewoldt and Rance are of that age yeah? A 20-21 year old Scache is a long term project, somebody like a Redpath or Reid are already mature big bodied Forwards who fit right into that age bracket.

If Schache decides to leave Brisbane and they stick him in the NEAFL then it dramatically impacts what our trade offer should be. If he is playing NEAFL and not impacting the games then it should drop even more. What I'd offer if that does happen is our lowest first round pick and our lowest 3rd round pick for Schache and the Lions second round pick. Effectively we pick up Schache and improve one of our draft position by getting into the second round. So Brisbane also have a choice to make, do they stick the kid in the NEAFL and impact his value or do they play the kid regardless in the hope of keeping his value as high as possible.
Or they play him and he stinks and it impacts his trade value as well. Hard place for Brisbane, we had a similar dilemma with Tyronne last year.

You do realise all of Cotchin, Riewoldt and Rance are of that age yeah? A 20-21 year old Scache is a long term project, somebody like a Redpath or Reid are already mature big bodied Forwards who fit right into that age bracket.

I like redpath but at his age and history of ACLs it's a massive risk

Reid I wouldn't be adverse to bringing in because he's an FA. Schache will give us just as good production as any of them, but has an extra 5 years on top. Redpath I feel is just a nothing addition.

Reid I wouldn't be adverse to bringing in because he's an FA. Schache will give us just as good production as any of them, but has an extra 5 years on top. Redpath I feel is just a nothing addition.

Scache is an unknown, ok first year, but shown nothing this year and collecting dust in what ever shitty seconds comp the Brisbane are in.

Redpath averages almost 11 disposals a game at 5.8 marks per game, at his size, he'd be the perfect fit to help Riewoldt up forward, I think you're either underselling Redpath quite a bit or overrating Scache.

Patton would be ideal. Can't see him leaving, unfortunately.

I like redpath but at his age and history of ACLs it's a massive risk
It's the type we have to make if we want to cash in on our current group of stars, out window is now and the next few years with all of Riewoldt, Rance and Cotchin getting on in age, and then we have important cogs in Houli and Grigg who are also not going to be around for much longer, like them or not they are vital cogs in our team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scache is an unknown, ok first year, but shown nothing this year and collecting dust in what ever shitty seconds comp the Brisbane are in.

Redpath averages almost 11 disposals a game at 5.8 marks per game, at his size, he'd be the perfect fit to help Riewoldt up forward, I think you're either underselling Redpath quite a bit or overrating Scache.

Only an OK first year? Kicked 16.18 in 17 games taking the oppositions best defender, not to mention doing it for the Lions. Even had 15 disposals, 9 marks and 2.3 against WCE in just his 12th game. Was very impressive in his debut season. I watched him very closely and am a huge wrap for his potential.

Has fallen dramatically in his "sophomore" year, but it's obviously because he's checked out of the club for whatever reasons he has.

Put him at CHF alongside Riewoldt, Rioli, Butler, Bolton with Dusty/Cotch/Caddy rolling through and he'll be playing the footy he was drafted to do. We've seen how successful our game plan is just having a "body" at CHF this year. Imagine what we could do if that "body" was a former #2 pick, only 20 years old and lightyears better than Griff, Elton, Chol etc

It's the type we have to make if we want to cash in on our current group of stars, out window is now and the next few years with all of Riewoldt, Rance and Cotchin getting on in age, and then we have important cogs in Houli and Grigg who are also not going to be around for much longer, like them or not they are vital cogs in our team.

Agree that our window is soon, not right now. 2018 and beyond if we get a CHF. We can do better than Redpath is all I'm saying.

Only an OK first year? Kicked 16.18 in 17 games taking the oppositions best defender, not to mention doing it for the Lions. Even had 15 disposals, 9 marks and 2.3 against WCE in just his 12th game. Was very impressive in his debut season. I watched him very closely and am a huge wrap for his potential.

Has fallen dramatically in his "sophomore" year, but it's obviously because he's checked out of the club for whatever reasons he has.

Put him at CHF alongside Riewoldt, Rioli, Butler, Bolton with Dusty/Cotch/Caddy rolling through and he'll be playing the footy he was drafted to do. We've seen how successful our game plan is just having a "body" at CHF this year. Imagine what we could do if that "body" was a former #2 pick, only 20 years old and lightyears better than Griff, Elton, Chol etc

Or he could also stirnk it up again because he's a young KPP player learning his craft, Riewoldt was playing next to Richardson, that didn't automatically make Riewoldt a better player then he was at his young age, it takes time and experience, he's a player for the long term.

Redpath and or Reid are perfect options because they're over that development stage, there bodies have matured, and you know on a week to week basis roughly what there output is going to be.

I'm not saying DON'T get Scache, I'm saying we should be also targetting something for the now.

Or he could also stirnk it up again because he's a young KPP player learning his craft, Riewoldt was playing next to Richardson, that didn't automatically make Riewoldt a better player then he was at his young age, it takes time and experience, he's a player for the long term.

Redpath and or Reid are perfect options because they're over that development stage, there bodies have matured, and you know on a week to week basis roughly what there output is going to be.

I'm not saying DON'T get Scache, I'm saying we should be also targetting something for the now.

I see your point, but if we brought in Redpath AND Schache, they'll be in and out of the VFL hindering the others performance and/or development.

Personally I think we're 110% getting Schache.

I see your point, but if we brought in Redpath AND Schache, one of them will be in the VFL hindering the others performance and/or development.

Personally I think we're 110% getting Schache.
No, Hardwick stated a couple of weeks ago his ideal Forward structure is 3 big guys, if he can fit them, all 3 of Scache, Riewoldt and Redpath would make a potent forward line, none are like Vickery where he would plonk himself in the forward and not move.

No, Hardwick stated a couple of weeks ago his ideal Forward structure is 3 big guys, if he can fit them, all 3 of Scache, Riewoldt and Redpath would make a potent forward line, none are like Vickery where he would plonk himself in the forward and not move.

Okay so he does want to play with 3 talls inside 50? Trying to figure that out on our Free Agency thread also. We're discussing the addition of Kruezer + Schache over there. Thoughts?

Okay so he does want to play with 3 talls inside 50? Trying to figure that out on our Free Agency thread also. We're discussing the addition of Kruezer + Schache over there. Thoughts?
Yeah he said it in one of his after match pressers, definitely wants the three talls, current structure isn't sustainable with so many small forwards.

Kreuzer would be a good get, I personally rather either of Reid or Redpath and addition of Scache as they are all natural Forwards, not a Ruck who can rest forward.

Yeah he said it in one of his after match pressers, definitely wants the three talls, current structure isn't sustainable with so many small forwards.

Kreuzer would be a good get, I personally rather either of Reid or Redpath and addition of Scache as they are all natural Forwards, not a Ruck who can rest forward.

Is it plausible to think we could bring in Schache + another KPF whilst re-signing Dusty?

Is it plausible to think we could bring in Schache + another KPF whilst re-signing Dusty?
Possibly, Martins current contract is already around the $700-750 mark, with the increase in the cap, offloading of Deledios and Some of Yarrans contract, + retirement of Maric, delisting of players such as Batchelor and Morris and Hunt there will be plenty of room there to increase our offer for Martin whilst targetting others in trades.

Agree completely

Not many KPF that are 200cm go top 5 in their draft year,specially a strong draft year
Josh Schache went at #2 behind Weitering who is a champion player in the making and Carlton are extremely lucky to have such a player but Schache is also of the quality and he proved that in 2016 with as you mentioned playing 17 games and performing to such a high level. The kid has checked out and it wouldn't be difficult to do playing as a FF in such a bad and uncompetitive team his position would be the hardest position to play. Schache is a great option for Richmond and its an opportunity that we shouldnt pass up if we can get him for 1 of our 1st rounders or 2018 first pick.

But for more of an instant impact player, Im not a fan of redpath and Reid is way too injury prone to pay that money - just doesnt do it for me tbh

I hate myself for saying/writing/posting such a crazy idea but im going to say it - Levi Casboult
201cm 103 kgs 81 games and 86 goals and just turned 27 years of age

Extremely good mark
Good relief 2nd ruck
Competitive beast and very strong
Restricted free agent (no trade required)
Kicking is the issue , but looks better this year

$500k - 3 year deal should get it done

He would be the perfect strong big bodied marking option up foward that gives Nank a chop out

They're all proven guns, Redpath is 26 and played 20 odd games, list clogger.

They're all proven guns, Redpath is 26 and played 20 odd games, list clogger.
Redpath was recruited as a 23 or 24 year old, only been in the AFL system a few years, and he's far from a list clogger, a big 195+cm 100kg forward who averages almost 6 marks a game and 11 disposals whilst also kicking goals is not what I would call a list clogger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back