News Richmond cheer squad being surveilled by undercover AFL spotters after umpire abuse

KB reckons chewy on ya boot is offensive to Luke Shuey.
Best though Doc reckons cheer squad should all just yell out green maggot as one. As he says what are they going to do then?

Maybenextyear

Premiership Player
May 21, 2008
Essendon Rehab Centre
AFL Club
Richmond
It really is quite amazing that this billion dollar brand is run by complete amateurs who change rules every week , denying any wrong doing in anything and tell every single person what they should like , dislike and how to act.

They are the real embarrassment to the game. They are bad for the game. They should be ashamed.

I will start and then by half time I will be so worked up, I will go for a walk until the game has fnished.
Yet at the game in person I am calm as.

Maybe, when you are home alone watching the footy on TV, you need to seek out better company;)

Cotcho

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Where are the terms and conditiond of entry? Does it say on the ticket or membership that you can't call an official a ball headed flog?
I was booing Gary Manlett and telling Porkins he's fat arse only gets a kick because Rance, Astbury and Broad were out of the team. Didn't get kicked out. If I do one day ill be requesting a refund and go them for stress or sumthn lol

Drofder

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2014
37.8265° S, 145.0069° E
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Niners
Some legal firm should get ahead of the curve and create or at least threaten a vilification class action against the AFL on behalf of the Cheer Squad. Even if it didn’t amount to much, the exposure for the firm would be enormous and the negative publicity for the AFL equally large.

AFL would quit this insanity pretty quickly. They absolutely hate that sort of thing the pack of clandestine phoney aholes they are.

Last edited:

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
It’s Orwellian. Double speak and people being taken off to be re-educated.

All this in the context of the Government using the AFP to raid the the ABC and News Corp.

Troubling times indeed.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Scary place Australia at the moment if you take the time to notice what is going on...

Sep 4, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
The AFL try to make out they have a moral conscience, yet the two biggest blots in society are alcohol abuse and gambling. They make no effort to obliterate or address these two social monsters as they’re heavily reliant on the dollars they make from them.
All the gambling ads you see at the grounds and on TV during games is disgraceful. Hypocrites!

Absolutely spot on. You’ve got to be careful how moral you are.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Some woman on Neil Mitchell this morning has been going to the footy for 50 years said yesterday's pie/dees game was one of the worst atmospheres she can remember, and said it was like the fans were reluctant to voice an opinion and held back maybe in fear of retribution. Unless the AFL pull back it won't have a happy ending

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
I'm not sure I want my footy experience homogenised. I can tune out to stupid language, I think most people can if they try. Even umpires. I respect that most people are different and have different views and I think that is what makes AFL the unique game it is to watch and support. Granted, there have been improving standards surrounding basic discriminatory rights, and that serves us all well, we learn, live and improve as human beings. But these steps are over the top.

It is interesting that someone was evicted from watching the game they love for abusing an umpire over his officiating standards (presumably) by calling him a flog, and yet we have a certain TV show on Foxtel using the same reference types as part of it's promotional material. Neither worry me, albeit I wouldn't be saying it. Would the AFL prefer more direct and accurate language be used like masterbater, ****** etc. Or perhaps we will need codes to express our deepest feelings - Umpire you are a 323! Umpire you green 587!;)

My message for the umpires is don't seek to have a profile, be nameless and faceless if you fear abuse. Whenever you have make a decision that comes down to appeasing one side and aggravating the other side, you will have disapproval. That won't change and most of us who do and have done it get used to the disapproval for the two hours.

The AFL's realisation of the need to apologise to Adam Goodes has in part driven this I think. They now view abuse as a Duty of Care issue.

The. aFL with their apology to Goodes has effectively labeled 10s of thousand of football supporters as Racists, the Richmond football club in adding to the apology has labeled 10s of thousands of their members as racists. Let that fact sink in, were WE supporters being racist when they were booing the white umpires? Were WE supporters being racist when WE were booing Ablett? Are the poms racist when they boo smith and Warner ? Just let these facts sink in.

When players are booed our indigenous brothers flop out the race card really quickly , maybe just maybe they are being booed because they are s**t human beings.

Does Rioli get booed? What about Edwards? Burgoyne? If we were all racists as the AFL is painting us then those players should be getting booed as well.

The quicker there is a fan strike ala what happened in the states, the quicker OUR game is returned .

To be quite honest Goodes is about dividing the country and the races, he is not an ambassador for inclusion.

Aeons

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
The AFL really needs to clarify what the line is for umpire abuse.

The term flog and maggot is very mild. If the term maggot was considered enough to be banned then I would have been banned long ago because I'd probably use that term to describe the umpires every third or fourth game I go to. I'd also imagine that a fifth of the stadium would have to be evicted as well.

With the AFL going under cover I question why they are targeting the Richmond supporters? Is it a case they know the umpires are going to favour the opposition?
exactly. why specifically target tigers fans? i have been to many games where oppo supporters have been yelling obsenity laced abuse at the umps all game. if they are scared that richmond supporters at the game will not be happy with the standard of umpiring then what does that suggest? that we get the rough end of the stick with umpiring?! why not fix the standard of umpiring?! it is the only code of footy I know where umps are not allowed to be questioned regarding decisions they make. in league and union the captain can question the reffing as long as it is done with respect and in soccer they are ott getting in their grill...why are afl umps protected from having to explain their decisions? I have never understood this...

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Mate, i stand at the punt road end of the ground and i can tell you that security and police numbers around our area has increased this year and there hasn't been any trouble for 4 years now.

During dreamtime we had a few bomber fans in amongst us and they were pretty rowdy but non threatening, security multiple times coming around the front telling them to stop it, us tiger fans are telling the security to take a hike as the bombers fans were doing nothing wrong.

Same match i get told off for being loud and more recently friday night as well, it really is out of control now.

EDIT: i have never been told off for being loud in the 19 years i have been in standing room until this year.
And people still believe there is no Anti Richmond agenda

Back