News Richmond cheer squad being surveilled by undercover AFL spotters after umpire abuse

Remove this Banner Ad

Will that in turn affect club memberships and then the clubs revenue?

If no one goes to the game because of the draconian afl enforcing their own arbitrary moral standards, why am I paying for a membership to goto games I'm not going to?

Less members is less money for the clubs and the flow on effects keep flowing down to the number and quality of staff and facilities....

Fan boycott one game en mass

It just seems hat the AFL has been in a tail spin since we won the GF. Post 2017 it's been all about changing the game
to suit their own agenda and all of the changes have halted our dominance. Don't they realise that us Tigers supporters are mentally tough, roll in huge numbers and won't be intimidated by the AFL. If they don't back down with their stupidity it going to hurt the game big time.

Some legal firm should get ahead of the curve and create or at least threaten a vilification class action against the AFL on behalf of the Cheer Squad. Even if it didn’t amount to much, the exposure for the firm would be enormous and the negative publicity for the AFL equally large.

AFL would quit this insanity pretty quickly. They absolutely hate that sort of thing the pack of clandestine phoney aholes they are.
what is our club doing to stick up for their loyal members? isn't our board loaded up with lawyers? how quickly they forget that without us the loyal fans they are nothing...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a quiet protest, Cheer squad's banner this week should be completely blank......absolutely nothing.
Black.

rock up with the black tape over their mouths...

If the Cheer Squad really believes they are being targeted, then that banner could be quite effective - followed by no banner at all the following week, both games at the MCG back to back. That could coincide with the whole cheer squad wearing tape over their mouth the first week and not even being there the second week. That statement wouldn't be overlooked. It means a huge sacrifice by a good many people, but it would be noticed.

I'm not sure what, if any effect it would have on the AFL boffins straight up, but it could start a bigger discussion if the media could some how be brought on side.

Last edited:
If the Cheer Squad really believes they are being targeted, then that banner could be quite effective - followed by no banner at all the following week, both games at the MCG back to back. That could co-inside with the whole cheer squad wearing tape over their mouth the first week and not even being their the second week. That statement would't be overlooked.

I'm not sure what, if any effect it would have on the AFL boffins straight up, but it could start a bigger discussion if the media could some how be brought on side.
unfortunately the "media" are all sychophants who are too worried about losing their place at the feed trough...

what is our club doing to stick up for their loyal members? isn't our board loaded up with lawyers? how quickly they forget that without us the loyal fans they are nothing...

I suspect at the moment this might be viewed by many in what I'll call 'strong positions' as collateral damage. That it's about the riff raff, that it has no impact at all on the rank and file. Perhaps it doesn't, but I suspect it might be a broader issue than first realised.

Last edited:
And people still believe there is no Anti Richmond agenda

I'm not yet convinced it is anti-Richmond. It makes no sense to be so. Nothing in it for anyone really. I do think there is some cultural cleansing beginning.....

unfortunately the "media" are all sychophants who are too worried about losing their place at the feed trough...

Certain media yes, but not all media.

EDIT. For example you could place quotes from KB / Dr Turf on the banner. I'm sure there will be others - Wakely and Fat Controller discussed it briefly and seemed to think it is too far a reach by the AFL. So quote them, support by quotes!

Last edited:
I'm not yet convinced it is anti-Richmond. It makes no sense to be so. Nothing in it for anyone really. I do think there is some cultural cleansing beginning.....
Yeah that's the scary part...keeping a smile on your face whilst being culturally cleansed up the clacker!

Yeah that's the scary part...keeping a smile on your face whilst being culturally cleansed up the clacker!

Don't worry mate, you've always got your memes!;)

I suspect at the moment this might be viewed by many in what I'll call 'strong positions' as collateral damage. That it's about the riff raff, that it has no impact at all on the rank and file. Perhaps it doesn't, but I suspect it might be a broader issue that first realised.
mate if they get their way collingwood would have two fans and a dog allowed to attend their games...it is extraordinarily ludicrous the line they are taking on this...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back