News Richmond cheer squad being surveilled by undercover AFL spotters after umpire abuse

Remove this Banner Ad

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure what clout they actually have, but the the VP is journo Cheryl Critchley, a mad Tiger supporter and member of The cheer squad, she has already been in the media a fair bit in the last few weeks.

I've got her book. Seems like a "people power" person. Maybe...

mOu2Dad.jpg

The Mighty

Club Legend
May 20, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Just don't turn up @#$%%^# em.

I'm not going anymore, this fascist governance has only just started rolling, but the Social Engineering has been proceeding on full mission creep for the last few years.

I will maintain my RFC membership to support the club and I will go watch the Tigers in the VFL and enjoy old style footy as it always has been until they decide to #%#% that up as well.

I aint gonna give them #$%^#%^ at the AFL another cent directly.

guruisatiger

Grand Poohbah of Ganymede
Oct 25, 2006
from the hinterlands of sri lanka and tibet
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
B.S.C youngboys.. Borussia Dortmund
No doubt fans shouldnt swear when yelling out at games.
The report that really worried me was that a pies fan was kicked out for yelling too loudly....
Hocking needs to go imo
Same thing happened to me 2 years ago round 3 ,2017, first 5 minutes of the game, told by security I was too loud
And if I persisted I would be removed

Big Unit 30

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🐅⏰
May 3, 2015
Playboy Mansion
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Cubs Blackhawks Fulham Ivanhoe FC
22 years a member and have AFL membership but only went to maybe 4-5 games last year and 2 so far this year and one of those only because my young son wanted to go.
I much prefer local footy now even if the multitude of rule changes contribute to that even becoming less entertaining too unfortunately
The cavalcade of s**t administrators and commentators in this code is diabolically bad.
I loved the game like nothing else growing up ... but the AFL has now killed off the interest to less than marginal now.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
I'm not yet convinced it is anti-Richmond. It makes no sense to be so. Nothing in it for anyone really. I do think there is some cultural cleansing beginning.....
Cultural Cleansing......now when was that term used in 1933?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So why dont we boo the english, indian, pakistani and sth african teams who have all been caught cheating in the last 5 years? Flog
I find the whole cheating uproar very funny. I played cricket for a long time in a lot of places and just about everyone cheats in one way or another, this was just dumb that’s all. Match fixing now that’s bad! It’s also amusing that not walking if you knick one to the keeper is seen as ok but surely that’s cheating isn’t it? It’s actually encouraged!
Players cheat in footy diving for frees, this new 50 rule where blokes sprint to get the bloke penalized that’s cheating too.
Cheating is everywhere but Warner and co just happened to do it at a time where the world is full of w***ers looking for the moral high ground and a way to have the softcocks of the world point the finger. Its why Gerard Whately is in his element he basically represents that demographic and surprise surprise he was one of the chorus leaders.
Darren Weir, Essendon.. that’s cheating.

age readers pollView attachment 690816

what is most disturbing about this is the 16% that want people evicted tor swearing in the stands

It depends on the situation really. If some dill is dropping F and C bombs right next to kids all day I’ll pull them up every time.

Donation sent to MRV, going to a mate's place to watch the Saints game instead. Seen my premiership; if GWS is my last hurrah then so be it.

I think I’m just about there too.

Cultural Cleansing......now when was that term used in 1933?

It's a process as old as time, not restricted to 1933-45. Let's hope we never reach those sorts of levels in our lifetime mate! There are a few things, thin edges of the wedge, green shoots;) Peter Dutton is one of the worst elements I've seen in a while. It would be interesting to see just how bad or benign some of this so-called bad behavior really is at the footy. People are prone to exaggerate and/or minimise.

dustysnecktattoo

Club Legend
May 15, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
People should turn up, but be silent during the game. Don’t even celebrate a goal. Cheer squad can have a sign up explaining the protest. Just sit, pure silence, no body language. Maybe some zombie make up.

Sat on level 2 Punt Rd end Friday night and took the overly sarcastic approach of applauding every umpiring decision goid or bad. Comments along the line of That is a marvellous decision Mr Stevic and Great call Mr Ryan were met with some laughs and some copying. Even went as far to give positive reinforcement to the Cats players who made mistakes like Better luck next time Patrick and Head up Mr Selwood you get too high paidto you eventually.

Was hoping that the nuffies in their green jackets would come down for a chat but nothing happened.

The week we played the Pies we were told that anyone who said I hate the Pies/Collingwood/umpires faced getting booted and apparently it was a directive from the MCC.

The AFL is becoming a joke and they will start to lose fans if they are not careful.

May 15, 2017
My Couch
AFL Club
Richmond
Need to get something organised for our next match with Collingwood.
Get both teams crowds at the 1st minute mark of the 1st Quarter to all shout in sync "* off Gil. Leave the Game Alone" or something.
Or for the first siren to start the game, just dead silence from the entire crowd for 5 minutes.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
We have 2 3121 membership's and have been to 1 game this year .
I,ve gone from traveling 2 hours to watch training for years ,to not bothering about going to games .

Got a premiership hangover i think .

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ditto.Been to 2 games this year.First time at the G last Friday to try out my new seating(after being practically thrown out of my old seats after the club revamp seat shuffle on lvl 2).It was actually like sitting through a funeral even at first bounce.Whats it going to be like when the Adolf Gil gets his way and fans are muzzled?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back