News Richmond cheer squad being surveilled by undercover AFL spotters after umpire abuse

Remove this Banner Ad

I find the whole cheating uproar very funny. I played cricket for a long time in a lot of places and just about everyone cheats in one way or another, this was just dumb that’s all. Match fixing now that’s bad! It’s also amusing that not walking if you knick one to the keeper is seen as ok but surely that’s cheating isn’t it? It’s actually encouraged!
Players cheat in footy diving for frees, this new 50 rule where blokes sprint to get the bloke penalized that’s cheating too.
Cheating is everywhere but Warner and co just happened to do it at a time where the world is full of ******s looking for the moral high ground and a way to have the softcocks of the world point the finger. Its why Gerard Whately is in his element he basically represents that demographic and surprise surprise he was one of the chorus leaders.
Darren Weir, Essendon.. that’s cheating.

Ball tampering is cheating. Not the same order of magnitude but it’s like saying it’s ok to take EPO on the tour because everyone is doing it.

Gotta be better than that.

Good.People can do without a beer for 3hrs.

You don't get to decide what people can and can't do without. That's just as stupid as the AFL determining what people can yell out.

Some woman on Neil Mitchell this morning has been going to the footy for 50 years said yesterday's pie/dees game was one of the worst atmospheres she can remember, and said it was like the fans were reluctant to voice an opinion and held back maybe in fear of retribution. Unless the AFL pull back it won't have a happy ending
Felt like that Friday night.

The AFL have made a non-issue into an issue.

Kinda feel for the police, who have to put up with this s**t.

You don't get to decide what people can and can't do without. That's just as stupid as the AFL determining what people can yell out.
Why not? You can't smoke in certain streets in the city.Even though its a legal substance.

Ball tampering is cheating. Not the same order of magnitude but it’s like saying it’s ok to take EPO on the tour because everyone is doing it.

Gotta be better than that.
Everybody ball tampers. I don’t deny it’s cheating but the overreaction was ******* ridiculous.

Everybody ball tampers. I don’t deny it’s cheating but the overreaction was ******* ridiculous.

I think it had more to do with the perception that Australian athletes don’t cheat, the Aussie pshyche isthat we are the only cleanskins in ANY sport and it’s only other countries that cheat.

I’m afraid we are no less and no more clean than the rest of the world , its interesting Australia is heading towards the pointy end of corrupt countries across the world in recent studies, yet the general public is of the opinion that corruption is a non entity in this country

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be interesting when a team gets caught again, what the actual penalties will be.

One match or monetary as it always has been, there has been chit chat about Zampa putting his hinds in his pockets before every ball, they need to clear that up pretty quickly

Why not? You can't smoke in certain streets in the city.Even though its a legal substance.

Smoking laws are there to prevent passive smoking, not as a health service to stop the smoker from smoking. No-one is saying you damage your liver sitting next to a drinker.

There are rules to prevent drunks being served alcohol. You will have seen these posted at every licensed premises (assuming you have been in one and are not a wowser). If you have a problem with people getting drunk, then your issue is really with the sellers of the alcohol who are in fact breaking the law. And if people are drinking but not getting drunk then it's hard to see what your problem is.

If your issue is about people being drunk and causing trouble at the footy I don't really have a problem with your POV, but there are laws in place to stop this (as well as light beer) and there are also cops and security there to eject anyone getting out of hand.

Smoking laws are there to prevent passive smoking, not as a health service to stop the smoker from smoking. No-one is saying you damage your liver sitting next to a drinker.

There are rules to prevent drunks being served alcohol. You will have seen these posted at every licensed premises (assuming you have been in one and are not a wowser). If you have a problem with people getting drunk, then your issue is really with the sellers of the alcohol who are in fact breaking the law. And if people are drinking but not getting drunk then it's hard to see what your problem is.

If your issue is about people being drunk and causing trouble at the footy I don't really have a problem with your POV, but there are laws in place to stop this (as well as light beer) and there are also cops and security there to eject anyone getting out of hand.
Being an ex smoker while i agree smoking in confined/enclosed areas is banned,but in open areas come on.Way over the top.
As for drinking.Things have changed.Going to the footy was once all about Beer & Meat Pies.Now the AFL have said openly they want to make it a friendly family experience.
And yes i luv a beer.

Shame on me, I hardly ever go to the footy anymore. TBH it's almost always a mission getting to the ground these days. Whether you are in a packed train (which I just hate) or sit there in your car only to be turned away through limited MCG parking. Then the exorbitant prices to buy anything, with a young family it's pretty difficult. For some reason Richmond never seem to play at good times anymore either. I remember growing up we would play so many 2:10 matches and it was just a great day out. Now we either play at night (again a nightmare with a young family) or the late afternoon crapola timeslot.

All this crap going on now is now confirming that I may as well stay home now so I can swear at the TV and do as I please. Watching the game at home in comfort has just become so much more appealing. I still pay my membership but don't really care if I go or not. I love the atmosphere at the ground, nothing compares but most of the time it's not worth it for me.

Joffa made a FB post (assuming it is his actual account) stating he wont be going to another Collingwood game until Gil apologises to all the fans for treating everyone this way.

Love him or hate him good on him for trying to stand up and make a difference as a strong figurehead in the supporter landscape.

Joffa made a FB post (assuming it is his actual account) stating he wont be going to another Collingwood game until Gil apologises to all the fans for treating everyone this way.

Love him or hate him good on him for trying to stand up and make a difference as a strong figurehead in the supporter landscape.

Don’t mind him at all. Love the passion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back