Analysis Richmond chief executive Brendon Gale douses any hope of an Alex Rance return

Remove this Banner Ad

fu** off he is a legend of the club. He is a great player for sure, but legend? gimme a break. Dude quit and walked out on the club and supporters overnight. Did not respect either. Dimma, Benny, Trent - none of them could hide their bemusement, disappointment and confusion at his decision and the way he chose to handle it.

Just because we are winning flags does not mean we hand out the legend status to everyone involved. Grimes is more of a legend to this club & I don't rate Grimes as an "Immortal" or legend either.

In my years supporting Richmond only Richo, Knights, Riewoldt, Dusty, Cotchin, Dimma, Gale are considered "Legends". Alex Rance could have gotten there but he quit too early and handled it so poorly he didn't.

As i wrote, literally 1 week ago - Rance has the doorway sitting there for him to comeback right now and claim that status of "Tiger Legend". Now was the exact right time for him to return - a reunion in 2022 with Jr8 Trent before it all ends. He still does. But, if he ended up coming back for the Bombers, fu** no he gets that right - what the hell is wrong with you mate,? Ask any Lions supporter if Mal Michael's reputation was damaged when he turncoated on them to go to the Bombers as their dynasty ended, it 100% ruined his legacy with the club
The article states he is not considering an AFL return, so you are getting worked up over nothing.

The article states he is not considering an AFL return, so you are getting worked up over nothing.

No offence to Alex, but i don't believe a word he says. Its exactly what they would say to try and keep it under wraps. He is clearly working his way back to some level of return.

Seymour first, a month later a VFL game. He is testing himself. I remember Jordan doing the same thing when he came back - started with a training session with the Golden State Warriors.

“I might get in trouble for this,” said Tim Hardaway, then Golden State’s star point guard. “Him and (Warriors assistant coach) Rod Higgins are really, really good friends. He (Jordan) came and practiced with us two or three times.”

Indeed, Jordan dialed up Higgins while on a quick trip to California during the MLB strike of 1994-95 to see if he could lace up and run with the Warriors in secret. Upon receiving head coach Don Nelson’s enthusiastic approval, Higgins invited Jordan over, assistant equipment manager Eric Houssen outfitted him in Warriors threads and the games began.

“Latrell was one of the more explosive, more athletic, and he was probably one of the better players during that short run that he had,” said Tim Grover, Jordan’s longtime trainer. “So what Michael needed to know: even though I took the time off, can I still come back and kick his ass... and in his mind he’s like, ‘I’ve been gone from this game for how long? And he’s supposed to be the top player? Alright.’ He wasn’t testing himself against Sprewell, he was testing himself against himself.”

To all in attendance, it cemented that Jordan’s return to the game was a matter of when. Not if.

''

Dialled up a good friend huh? kinda like, Ben Rutten, isn't it?

No offence to Alex, but i don't believe a word he says. Its exactly what they would say to try and keep it under wraps. He is clearly working his way back to some level of return.

Seymour first, a month later a VFL game. He is testing himself. I remember Jordan doing the same thing when he came back - started with a training session with the Golden State Warriors.

I reckon Alex might take offense. May as well cool your boots, nobody knows anything right now except that Rance might be playing for Essendon VFL this weekend as he is in Queensland on holidays.

fu** off he is a legend of the club. He is a great player for sure, but legend? gimme a break. Dude quit and walked out on the club and supporters overnight. Did not respect either. Dimma, Benny, Trent - none of them could hide their bemusement, disappointment and confusion at his decision and the way he chose to handle it.

Just because we are winning flags does not mean we hand out the legend status to everyone involved. Grimes is more of a legend to this club & I don't rate Grimes as an "Immortal" or legend either.

In my years supporting Richmond only Richo, Knights, Riewoldt, Dusty, Cotchin, Dimma, Gale are considered "Legends". Alex Rance could have gotten there but he quit too early and handled it so poorly he didn't.

As i wrote, literally 1 week ago - Rance has the doorway sitting there for him to comeback right now and claim that status of "Tiger Legend". Now was the exact right time for him to return - a reunion in 2022 with Jr8 Trent before it all ends. He still does. But, if he ended up coming back for the Bombers, fu** no he gets that right - what the hell is wrong with you mate,? Ask any Lions supporter if Mal Michael's reputation was damaged when he turncoated on them to go to the Bombers as their dynasty ended, it 100% ruined his legacy with the club
Rance is the greatest defender of all time according to Leigh Mathews, Wayne Carey and others so of course he's a legend of the game.
Wake up Australia.

I reckon Alex might take offense. May as well cool your boots, nobody knows anything right now except that Rance might be playing for Essendon VFL this weekend as he is in Queensland on holidays.

I get what you are saying, I just am wired differently to you guys. I don't have any fake illusion that Alex & I are friends built on years of trust or some bullshit. He is more than likely not coming back, but i think for sure he is testing himself. This is 2 games in a month or so - with the level he is testing himself on getting higher and higher.

He is completely free to comeback and do whatever, if thats what he wanted to do. But the decision would have an impact on where his legacy as a tiger will remain. If he came back to us, even if the comeback failed it would not hurt his legacy with us. He tried his best and it didn't work out.

But, if he chose to do it at the bombers, the pressure is far far greater on him and there is much more at risk. Members that suggest it wouldn't & we would all feel happy for him are really talking out of their pee-holes. If Rance went back to Essendon, came an AA, then beat us in the finals, keeping JR8 goalless or some crap - the tune would change quickly. I know this for fact. The irony of people crapping on Higgins for his choice to move on but acting like Alex should be able to make the same choice without ramification are kidding themselves. I am just bypassing the "feel good, best wishes" part of the journey - i know how i will feel if he came back with Essendon and played against us - i would not feel good about it at all & why should i? I support Richmond, not Alex Rance

Last edited:
This is a pathetic post. Rance is - and always will be - a LEGEND of our club. He owes us nothing. Playing for two clubs wont destroy any legacy and he left us with good grace and our defence in excellent shape, largely built of what he did for them and their careers. I would have absolutely no problems him playing for Essendon. Calling him Judas is a disgrace.
Hey Waldo & other tigers, check out the join date with the rance sniper and then we get a clearer picture of who the real judas is....been here 5 minutes, comes on here full of urine and wind and does a houdini when we play well.

Really just a
Judas
Klone....spelling :p

I get what you are saying, I just am wired differently to you guys. I don't have any fake illusion that Alex & I are friends built on years of trust or some bullshit. He is more than likely not coming back, but i think for sure he is testing himself. This is 2 games in a month or so - with the level he is testing himself on getting higher and higher.

He is completely free to comeback and do whatever, if thats what he wanted to do. But the decision would have an impact on where his legacy as a tiger will remain. If he came back to us, even if the comeback failed it would not hurt his legacy with us. He tried his best and it didn't work out.

But, if he chose to do it at the bombers, the pressure is far far greater on him and there is much more at risk. Members that suggest it wouldn't & we would all feel happy for him are really talking out of their pee-holes. If Rance went back to Essendon, came an AA, then beat us in the finals, keeping JR8 goalless or some crap - the tune would change quickly. I know this for fact. The irony of people crapping on Higgins for his choice to move on but acting like Alex should be able to make the same choice without ramification are kidding themselves. I am just bypassing the "feel good, best wishes" part of the journey - i know how i will feel if he came back with Essendon and played against us - i would not feel good about it at all & why should i?

Rance and I are not friends either, but that is because we have never met!!!

If I do meet him I will shout him a beer if he wants!!

Hey Waldo & other tigers, check out the join date with the rance sniper and then we get a clearer picture of who the real judas is....been here 5 minutes, comes on here full of urine and wind and does a houdini when we play well.

Really just a
Judas
Klone....spelling :p
I've said numerous times here that ive posted for DECADES here. Literally been a member as long as you, just under a different handle as i have gaps and forget my login details. Better luck next time sherlock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not bad. I can really feel the passion.

Not bad. I can really feel the passion.

To balance it up, there is a post i made 1 week ago where i quite passionately said the club should seek him out about returning in 2022 & that if anyone could comeback from 3 years out of the game at 31, its him. Was my favourite player when he retired, but the handling of his retirement really made me question his character. I would love him to come back to us, it would get me excited for 2022 more than anything in the world. I would LOVE to see JR8, Cotch & Rance play 1 more year together before we say start the goodbye tour.

If he comes back to another team though, thats a completely different story and would really make me question certain things about his character. I thought the club and Cotchin & JR8 were like his brothers, if that was true he wouldn't want to play against them. I know this is just "1 game", but i don't buy into the narrative this is just Rancey chopping out his mates - it comes completely across as Alex testing himself for a return, the narrative of "taking an SOS from a friend" stuff is utter nonsense. 2 games in a month this is, with the standard of game being higher each time, he is clearly considering a comeback - the only question is for who

Remove this Banner Ad

Back