Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor

Bush_Chook

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor A Star Wars Fan
Oct 30, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Brayshaw needs to work on his kicking ASAP, absolutely butchers the ball, not up to standard. Mind you, you could say that about the majority of the boys out there today

bushchook

All Australian
Dec 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Our game plan of getting numbers to the contest got exploited like a chinese textile worker by Richmond today. All they had to do was knock it clear of the contest and they were guaranteed to have numbers because we always had 3-4 players getting drawn in to lay a gang tackle. This has always been the biggest weakness of the Ross Lyon game plan.

The other thing that just pisses me off no end about this game plan is nobody is ever willing to take a shot from outside 40m. Just kick the goal if you're inside 50, it's that simple.

Aug 20, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Our game plan of getting numbers to the contest got exploited like a chinese textile worker by Richmond today. All they had to do was knock it clear of the contest and they were guaranteed to have numbers because we always had 3-4 players getting drawn in to lay a gang tackle. This has always been the biggest weakness of the Ross Lyon game plan.

The other thing that just pisses me off no end about this game plan is nobody is ever willing to take a shot from outside 40m. Just kick the goal if you're inside 50, it's that simple.
This.

May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
Like I said in the game day thread, last week's slogfest is the type of game that hurts the next week, and we played like we were fatigued. But gee that was still disappointing. In the kind of rebuild we're having, there's going to be some bad games, so hopefully this is it, the guys get a kick in the ass, and they play their hearts out next week to make up for it.

trentjac

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not overly surprised. Richmond are a very good team, they don't play 2 bad games in a row.

We never have and never will have a forward structure (spare me the old "new forward line needs time to gel crap").

Cerra wasted down back is incredibly moronic, absolute waste.
He couldn’t hit the side of a barn yard door. I lost count of his clangers today.

Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'd like to see Cox get more involved. When the ball comes to him it's great, he is solid in positioning/marking/kicking and decision making. But he needs to make more opportunities rather than wait for them.

MrDanggazz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not overly surprised. Richmond are a very good team, they don't play 2 bad games in a row.

We never have and never will have a forward structure (spare me the old "new forward line needs time to gel crap").

Cerra wasted down back is incredibly moronic, absolute waste.
Mike has once again hit the nail on the head, I never expected the win but still an embarrassing defeat in IMO. Forward Line Coaching needs to be looked at because it looks like the players are constantly lost out there. Cerra down back is the biggest waste of talent, we took the risk on a gun Vic boy to put him down back when his a midfielder forward.

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
He couldn’t hit the side of a barn yard door. I lost count of his clangers today.

Agree completely

He is getting burnt by the HFF for pace and when he’s getting it he’s burning more ball than a vasectomy clinic

Has to go back.
North, Balakelt, Crowden should be given a go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 30, 2003
Bunvegas
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WA, Australia
Garbage. Flattered by the final score. Fyfe really the only player who can walk off with their head held high.

I love our endeavour at the contest, but the amount of times you get five or six guys charging in completely unnecessarily (and likely losing their footing at the same time) is beyond frustrating.

Cox and Hogan can't play in the same forward line unless one or both of them is willing to pull a finger out and lead properly.

You could easily make the case for five or six changes off the back of that, you certainly can't back the side in.

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Positives
- Fyfe was epic as usual.
- Mundy is timeless.
- Lobb was good around the ground, really want to see him as a forward though.
- Matera was great, for a bloke that can't tackle he tries his guts out. Frustrating to see him in the backline at times.

Negatives
- Getting multiple players sucked into the contest again, in the air and at stoppages. Really prevented us from spreading from the contest.
- Our wingers were useless. BHilly and Langdon are so important for us but were muzzled for most of the game.
- Decision making was poor, Colyer in particular had multiple touches in a row that were nothing disposals before handballing to Mundy(?) who had a tackler ready to pounce. Just bad footy.
- Thought Tabs and Cox were poor.
- Hamling and Pearce were comprehensively beaten and Ryan made some really poor choices at times.

trentjac

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Agree completely

He is getting burnt by the HFF for pace and when he’s getting it he’s burning more ball than a vasectomy clinic

Has to go back.
North, Balakelt, Crowden should be given a go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad someone is on the same page. The man love for Cerra has me confused as all hell. Slow, can’t chase, isn’t strong enough yet and skills lacking. Yes, he may become a good midfielder in time, but he is nowhere near ready

Back