Autopsy Richmond defeats Geelong by 3 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Must be some big conspiracy that Scott wants us to have to play catch up every week. Perhaps you need to give the opposition some credit too. We were playing the reigning premiers. Do you expect us to have everything on our own terms and just be able to execute our game plan with any resistance? I’ll say it again. Scott out-coached Hardwick tonight and barring a couple skill errors in the last quarter that cost us dearly we would have won. Explain to me how this is scott’s fault? What more do you expect him to do besides put us in a winning positin? Perhaps he should come out of retirement and be captain coach then he could have kicked the goal gaz missed...
Scott needs to realise that we have an elite midfield and an elite forward that are best served by moving the ball in quickly. When this happens we come back from margins. When we don't we're generally behind because we overpossess the ball. I'm a pleb too but I can see it.

Stewart yes. But Bews I'm afraid not. I rate him but he isn't playing no where near what he can... I actually think he needs a run in the VFL
He'll be running around in a sling, and likely get it fixed post season, if there's any chance he can play, but tackllng is critical for him, and I fear that is his season if it really was a full dislocation.

It's make or break next week now, we lose to the Hawks and it's season over, 52 pts won't be enough to make the 8 this year. It can be a cruel game footy. Geelong definitely deserve another crack at the Tigers. I still find it hard to believe they are in this position.
Lost too many close games this year.

Dermott Brereton talking anyone else up as a squib is laughable. The bloke loved to come into melees from behind and drop knees on guys already down. He's the only bloke I remember standing on a player's face, also. He could handle pain, sure, but he was the first to dish it out when someone wasn't looking which, to me, is the definition of a squib.
Best thing I ever watched on the fence grand final mark Yates smashing his doofus vain empty head. Lost but that thought warms me on a cold night listening to that ginger amoeba

Disappointed to lose, but if we can make the finals we’re in with a shot. A couple of observations;

Similar to last week, we started with a 5 man forward line and Duncan off the back of the square. This allowed Richmond to move the ball with ease through the center and lock it in their forward line. At the start of the last quarter we evened up, playing a 7 man forward line and denying Richmond a spare man. That’s when we came back at them.

Exactly the same thing last week, only the change took place at the start of the third quarter when we took the game away from Brisbane. When we go man-on-man we can use our contested ball strengths. Vlaustin and Hodge don’t like having to play tight on a man.

My question is; why don’t we start like this from quarter one?

Playing a spare behind the ball sucks us in to handballing to a ‘free’ man in ever decreasing circles and coughing the ball up - we played into Richmond’s hands too often doing this in the first three quarters. The coaches have to have the courage to play to our strengths from the start of the game.

Finally, Thurlow did stuff his transfer kick in the last quarter, but I said at the time that I would prefer he goes for that kick (a goal if it comes off) than yet another handball to a teammate under pressure.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's only an open flag if Richmond choke it. I can't remember a side being so far ahead of everyone else since Collingwood in 2010.

Mmm not so sure ... I reckon there is a smell of us in 08 ..someone hits finals fit a fresh. Every time someone takes it too them , every other club looks and say he Scotts right they can be done over.

A side has to make the most of its chances for sure....

Kelly was outstanding and most of his possessions were gathered under pressure. Easily the best player on the ground IMO.
Better than Selwood? Chalk n cheese for me. Kelly was super clean handling the ball but kicking was putrid. Unbelievable pick up for the cats though. Can find it too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stanley is my no. 1 whipping boy so absolutely frothing at Abbott’s 2.0 and 27 HO on debut! (Joking, not joking)

Tigers easily the benchmark of the comp and proud the boys took it right up to them and never dropped their heads. The belief they have in each other is a quality that should never be underestimated with finals just around the corner. As honourable loss as you can get.

Good: As above.
Great: Kelly. Throw a 4 year $650k contract at him.
Bad: Scooter slow and unsighted and Hendo rusty AF
Ugly: Footskills (Thurlow’s turnover was ugly, but the right play at the time), handballing to blokes under pressure

LOL never change Channel 7. Replaying the Parfitt tackle on some Tigers flog, but no replay of Cotchin trying to pull Ablett's shoulder out of his socket at the bottom of the pack.
Are they suggesting the Parfitt could be in trouble with the MRO?

Play man on man and be more direct with the ball and we'll win the flag. Play that zone crap and we're no chance. The ball is in Scott's court.
Was talking about Parfitt maybe getting a week

Richmond’s defence seriously overrated. We looked dangerous every time we went forward (which wasn’t very often). If you can seperate their defenders they are bog ordinary. Even Rance was exposed when he was isolated by Henry and Hawkins. We need to persevere with the Hawkins/Henry/Menzel combo. They are natural footballers and work well together.

Rance beat Hawkins. Turns out he can handle the opposition’s best forward after all.

He'll be running around in a sling, and likely get it fixed post season, if there's any chance he can play, but tackllng is critical for him, and I fear that is his season if it really was a full dislocation.
Well I won't have to worry bout dropping him lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back