Richmond Fans Cause Chaos In Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously??? What on earth are you on about? You constantly talk sh**. Why? Sh** talkers on the internet are usually the weakest humans around. Why are you one of those people? Embarrassing.
Anyone else see the irony?

Bullshit. My uncle was at the game and saw 3 seperate incidents of Tigers fans abusing GWS fans and rubbing it in their noses.

The most shambolic performance at the MCG did not come from GWS. It came from the Richmond fan base
I was in Swan St after the game. There were also GWS supporters. The atmosphere was very social and I didn't see any threatening behaviour to them at all. In fact they were welcomed. Much later on in the night there was one or 2 people doing silly drunken things.
I think your uncle's stretching the truth to justify him being salty, bad sport. Can you ask him to please stop his entitled whinging?
Seriously, who talks to their uncle at 8am on a Sunday morning.

******* god botherers
He's just making it up. Like that Geelong supporter who rung Neil Mitchell after the 2017 grand final to complain about the appalling behaviour of Richmond supporters. When asked for examples, she couldn't come up with a single one. Not one.
West Coast and Geelong fans have a very similar culture of being a pack of entitled infernal whingers.

Class and respect?

Police don't enforce that. The club does and people who represent it do. When you see arrogance and abuse, you call it out. Otherwise you are not a true fan

True fans don't let others bastardise their colours with poor behaviour
Oh boo hoo, Richmond fans celebrated winning a Premiership. Really, if you're so sensitive that you can't handle people celebrating, then the problem is probably with you. Just saying....

The issue is twofold. One is that these supporters literally have nothing else going for them socially that football becomes these great adhesive, binding them together. The club offers a commonality. Supporters feel this sense of attachment and ownership to the colours, so much so that nothing stands in the way of barracking under any condition. There is no distinction that it’s just a game.

The second one is alcohol and drugs. Sport and society has normalised alcohol consumption in such heavy doses that not only do people make a fortune selling it, people can’t take responsibility for their consumption levels and choices they make.

In light of this, it really is up to the RFC to call out these supporters and tell them they aren’t wanted at RFC games if this is how they’ll behave. Life bans from memberships and AFL games might be a start.
It's actually the start of a very slippery slope if we even contemplate this. After all, if we do this, we know that you and I will be on the next target.

Last edited:
West Coast fan causes chaos at Optus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is nothing more than a sensationalist media beat up, take it from someone who was actually there that night, the celebrations were fun and it was a party atmosphere, but because a few people decided to burn GWS gear, the media paint all of our supporters with that brush so they can make a story out of it.

Do you people always swallow media clickbait, or is it merely your hatred for our club that is clouding your judgment? I'm willing to bet it's the latter.

Anyone else see the irony?
Not quite there my friend. I know what you are saying....yes I'm on the internet too, being anonymous and all but I would ask you to find any posts from me where I am constantly bullsh***ing and slagging off other teams and their supporters. This guy willievanillie or whatever has not stopped since the Tigers won the flag. But yes I understand the irony of my post if you don't look at the context.

Had a great time on Swan st. Beers go down particularly well after a GF win, particularly while singing the song. Then to the corner, packed out with Richmond fans (and one gws fan) belting out we are the champions at 1am.

Oh wait was this thread supposed to be bagging the celebrations? My bad..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back