Richmond Fans Cause Chaos In Richmond

Cabasa

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
The abuse of one represents the 100 too weak to curb it. Guilty by association I'm afraid is a real thing
You are being truly unrealistic with your points. In theory, maybe, but in reality nobody should feel any guilt about another individual's actions and do not have the obligation to "call it out" for a number of reasons (depending on the situation).

It's just a game, fools will always be fools, no matter their colours.

Lex22

Club Legend
Jun 8, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
All the Instagram stories I saw it looked pretty crap.

Besides the tigers theme song no one had any actual chants

Didn’t look like a drop of beer in sight.

People standing in the street with not much to do!
This is what I don’t get. What’s with all these drop kicks going out of their way to be loitering tossers in the street? Go to a pub like an adult and enjoy yourself.

Also, the cops shouldn’t let them settle in to begin with.

Cabasa

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
This is what I don’t get. What’s with all these drop kicks going out of their way to be loitering tossers in the street? Go to a pub like an adult and enjoy yourself.

A slightly contrived repetition of 2017 (yet still joyous by all accounts). Monkey see monkey do etc.

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies

Have you read what European soccer fans are like after a big win?

Hardcore sport fans + alcohol

It’s not just a Richmond fan thing, it’s sports culture unfortunately.

May 6, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
A lot of people mistake revelry for an opportunity to be dick heads.

I was there pubs were all full people were pretty jubilant. Was there in 2017 too this was more organized and so I suspect attracted the usual louts who "want to get ****ed up"

Lex22

Club Legend
Jun 8, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

That’s doesn’t excuse or really explain it at all.

Go into the pub or piss off home. Get large crowds of drunk morons in the street and anything can happen.

WillieNillie

All Australian
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
You are being truly unrealistic with your points. In theory, maybe, but in reality nobody should feel any guilt about another individual's actions and do not have the obligation to "call it out" for a number of reasons (depending on the situation).

Ill call it out no matter what the situation. If your not willing to do that then AFL isnt for you

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
That’s doesn’t excuse or really explain it at all.

Go into the pub or p**s off home. Get large crowds of drunk morons in the street and anything can happen.

I’m not saying it does.

I’m saying there’s something weird with sports culture that makes a small minority feel entitled to carry on like idiots when their team wins.

And it’s only a small minority.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

100% true

Over the past 30 years this has got worse in Victoria especially around the Docklands precinct after games for some reason.

Lex22

Club Legend
Jun 8, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’m not saying it does.

I’m saying there’s something weird with sports culture that makes a small minority feel entitled to carry on like idiots when their team wins.

And it’s only a small minority.
Fair point however is this that small of a minority when there’s thousands on Swan St?

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
That's what happens when your club is s**t for a long time and finally wins a flag, breeds ferals. I imagine that behaviour will be ten-fold when Pies win one in the next few years.

On SM-G960U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Imagine when North or Blues or Suns make it after 20 years of not even being there...every other team has

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
Fair point however is this that small of a minority when there’s thousands on Swan St?

Thousands were on swan street, but only a minority were doing stupid s**t, the rest celebrating.

Celebrating isn’t a crime

WillieNillie

All Australian
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
You're right. I feel very guilty about an intoxicated idiot lighting a flare whilst I was probably asleep 90km away. I should have done something, I should have called it out.

Im talking about Tigers fans abusing GWS fans at the game....

Boston tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2010
Where it all began
AFL Club
Richmond

How do you cope with West Coast fans booing every umpire decision that doesn’t go their way?

Bulls**t. My uncle was at the game and saw 3 seperate incidents of Tigers fans abusing GWS fans and rubbing it in their noses.

The most shambolic performance at the MCG did not come from GWS. It came from the Richmond fan base

I was actually at the game and saw none of that, i'll take my first hand experience over some bloke you know telling you about it so you can post like a hero on big footy.

Back