Richmond Fans Cause Chaos In Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

All the Instagram stories I saw it looked pretty crap.

Besides the tigers theme song no one had any actual chants

Didn’t look like a drop of beer in sight.

People standing in the street with not much to do!

It’s an absolute load of s**t. The media love beating this crap up. It was the same two years ago when they had all this “fans take over Richmond!!” stuff. I was there, it was exactly the same as any other Saturday night - a few pissed people and people lining up to get into pubs. The only difference was a few terrace houses had parties with people on balconies. I think I even heard somebody yell out “Go Tiges!”

Last night was the same. The media try to make it look like the LA riots.

I was actually at the game and saw none of that, i'll take my first hand experience over some bloke you know telling you about it so you can post like a hero on big footy.

Not just me. Others in other threads are mentioning it here too. Can dig a few up for you if you like but you have read them too, lets not kid ourselves

Not just me. Others in other threads are mentioning it here too. Can dig a few up for you if you like but you have read them too, lets not kid ourselves

I always love geniuses that make can't read jokes on a text based forum....

A lot of people mistake revelry for an opportunity to be dick heads.

I was there pubs were all full people were pretty jubilant. Was there in 2017 too this was more organized and so I suspect attracted the usual louts who "want to get f’ed up"
Correct. It’s this ape like requirement to jump around like an absolute bogan. And a ridiculous culture associated with drinking and sport that brings these people out of their holes.

Did not happen last year. Only happens when certain teams win the flag I reckon
True. Not only did every single Eagle supporter politely shake their opponents hands post siren, but they then went and donated money to the Victorian Guide Dog Asscociation and took in a performance of The Ring Cycle at the Recital Centre.

That is just how civilised they are as fans.

It’s an absolute load of s**t. The media love beating this crap up. It was the same two years ago when they had all this “fans take over Richmond!!” stuff. I was there, it was exactly the same as any other Saturday night - a few pi**ed people and people lining up to get into pubs. The only difference was a few terrace houses had parties with people on balconies. I think I even heard somebody yell out “Go Tiges!”

Last night was the same. The media try to make it look like the LA riots.
I was in a Richmond bar in 2017 watching some of it unfold and I can assure you it was absolutely not the same as “any other Saturday night.”

It was mayhem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was in a Richmond bar in 2017 watching some of it unfold and I can assure you it was absolutely not the same as “any other Saturday night.”

It was mayhem.

Agreed

I was at the corner post game and all the nasty, feral Richmond fans were enjoying a drink and singing along to up there Cazaly and the Holy Grail.. The horror! Clearly should have been drinking water and singing kumbaya my lord

Disgusting police assaults at the game. A female police officer head butted by a male, an officer bitten and one punched to the back of the head. Cowardly acts.

Link to news articles? terrible if true

Bulls**t. My uncle was at the game and saw 3 seperate incidents of Tigers fans abusing GWS fans and rubbing it in their noses.

The most shambolic performance at the MCG did not come from GWS. It came from the Richmond fan base
My father-in-law's Granny was at the game and saw three separate incidents of people with Eagle's scarfs littering. The whole family is incandescent with rage.

Agreed

I was at the corner post game and all the nasty, feral Richmond fans were enjoying a drink and singing along to up there Cazaly and the Holy Grail.. The horror! Clearly should have been drinking water and singing kumbaya my lord
I’m clearly referring to the loitering on the street nuffies but cheers for the story.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back