Roast Richmond FC website is getting worse

Remove this Banner Ad

Can assume the last few weeks content was all written before the Xmas break and is only getting updated remotely

Fingers crossed over the next week all so with most workplaces retuning to normal operation the club is the same and we start getting some new decent content

Not happy with the quality of output from the Richmond website.The current 'trivia' quizzes are written by some marketing knob who thinks we should know who eg 'played more games John Manton or Noel Jenkinson ' when there's one game difference! GMAB. Also it takes longer than any other website to load and is full of corporate chicken feeding.Surely now with 100,000 members ,we can create our own user friendly website with informative info about the players eg 5km time trial results with every players time ect
Maybe they're on their Christmas break

The Richmond website is pathetic

Black on the new players
Tom Lynch pic was taken by a 12 yo fan
Nathan Drummond still on the senior list as #39 and next to him #39 Jake Aarts
Mav Weller not on the list
The Heights/weights not updated for 2 years now

Just Rubbish !! In Comparison the carlton site has all their new player on it and properly done
Are CEllis and Benjamin Lennon still on it?

I'll tell you what I'd like to see on the website.
How about some stories with the UNSUNG voluntary heroes of the club!!
Trainers, bootstudders, etc.

There's one bloke who I remember seeing on the 80 GF replays (long haired trainer, Drago??)
who I'm certain still works there that would be fascinating to listen to.

Can you imagine the stories he could tell dealing with hundreds of players after 40 years at the club!

I'd rather listen to people like that, than some kid who's never played a game!!
:angry:

There's one bloke who I remember seeing on the 80 GF replays (long haired trainer, Drago??)

Can you imagine the stories he could tell dealing with hundreds of players after 40 years at the club!

I'd rather listen to people like that, than some kid who's never played a game!!
Pretty sure there was an article on him leading upto the GF.

I agree...
Whilst I like reading about our young recruits it's would also be great to read about the support staff at the club and the changes it and they have gone through...
The lil snippets of interesting info from the board members as to why they support Richmond...
I realize that all this info gathering is time consuming but it feeds the many hungry supporters interests in the boring off season...
You want these members to rust on and to do so you feed them stories, update the RFC website...introduce a historical thread...a past players thread...longest member thread...latest kiddie member thread...

Just can't please all of the people all of the time when you have 100000 plus. But there is no excuse for badly out of date information especially when some Clubs manage it better. Lift!

From my understanding the club is very restricted by Telstra who host the website and champion data are the ones who are responsible for the hieghts and weights being updated.

As for time trial times. If the club hasn't posted them it's because they don't want the results to be public knowledge. I can't think of any club that posts a full squads times.
Re time trials, I understand the club wanting to keep a few things secret but surely they could give out a few correct times for the first few winners so the layman gets a rough idea of what's going on.I can't see the players minding too much.Also I can't see the big deal on giving out who can bench press what or who runs the fastest 800 meters.

Re time trials, I understand the club wanting to keep a few things secret but surely they could give out a few correct times for the first few winners so the layman gets a rough idea of what's going on.I can't see the players minding too much.Also I can't see the big deal on giving out who can bench press what or who runs the fastest 800 meters.

Definitely would be great to have that info public for the fans but no club puts up the info you're asking for. They must think it's better to keep this stuff in house and maybe the players don't want a running commentary by the papers on how they are tracking. Who knows?

It's not like the club is holding out on us though. They're just doing what every other club does.

It's the modern world Socrates - it's not 400BC anymore. We can't have players' self esteem affected because they didn't lift the most or run the fastest - everyone deserves a participation ribbon after every run through;)

Wasn't it you Socrates that said "The value of a man (footballer) is measured in the number of the bench press pushed and the 800 metre ran."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe the club has too much on their Plato...

(Socrates2 says with a pinch of sarcasm)

Telstra would pay good money to the AFL to host the site and I guess they derive advertising revenue from it too, unique visits, and so on.
Definitely there is a lag in terms of information, but at the same time I can understand why RFC does not want to divulge too much.
They want to keep some data "in camera", to quote Aristotle!

Telstra would pay good money to the AFL to host the site and I guess they derive advertising revenue from it too, unique visits, and so on.
Definitely there is a lag in terms of information, but at the same time I can understand why RFC does not want to divulge too much.
They want to keep some data "in camera", to quote Aristotle!
Camera Obscura more like it....

anyway, I could have asked who does RCD look like.....an ex-Tiger that is ? Woulda made a more interesting quiz.
RCD_Old.jpg
s-l1000.jpg

Wouldn’t mind some more articles of substance about recruits

Would love insight from the recruiting teams about why they selected x player or recruited them

We get a little bit of info but it’s pretty generic most of the time and would love more in depth Info on what the recruiting staff think they can bring to the club

I once went to a meeting at Punt Road where they asked for opinions in marketing and what the supporter/members wanted and what they could do to improve the experience and i believe toadvine was also there roughly 6/7 years ago.

There wee some really good idea's mentioned and talked about and the thing went for over 2 hours , Not much has come from that i noticed but 1 of the things i had mentioned was that during the off season to help keep interest on the RFC site there could be a 3-4 minute interview with every player (44 players = 22 weeks)

The type of thing i wanted to see was sa a person like a former player or even a marketing person could do the interview with first asking some questions about heights / weight / injuries / operations / positions they like to play or are training as well as things about where they like to improve as well as some jokes like who is a tight ass and who is their bestie at the club etc

Just think there could be alot more done and we were getting some decent info from the poster RFC official who looks to have gone missing from all sites

I once went to a meeting at Punt Road where they asked for opinions in marketing and what the supporter/members wanted and what they could do to improve the experience and i believe toadvine was also there roughly 6/7 years ago.

There wee some really good idea's mentioned and talked about and the thing went for over 2 hours , Not much has come from that i noticed but 1 of the things i had mentioned was that during the off season to help keep interest on the RFC site there could be a 3-4 minute interview with every player (44 players = 22 weeks)

The type of thing i wanted to see was sa a person like a former player or even a marketing person could do the interview with first asking some questions about heights / weight / injuries / operations / positions they like to play or are training as well as things about where they like to improve as well as some jokes like who is a tight ass and who is their bestie at the club etc

Just think there could be alot more done and we were getting some decent info from the poster RFC official who looks to have gone missing from all sites
I would've thought it was in the clubs best interests to have an easy to use,updated source of information.The interview with kids is just an add for Puma, too much pandering to sponsers who get too much exposure for what they pay
Time to go it alone and recruit some bigfooty volunteers to do the quizzes I reckon.Telstra branding and corporate branding is out of control imo.

Although I must admit the club do do a go job during the season with content especially video wise

The coach’s corner since it’s been revamped a few years ago has been great and always interesting and I enjoy the player spotlight videos

And the vfl reports are always worth a read for thouse of us who can’t make it to the vfl on game day as much as we would like

Remove this Banner Ad

Back