Roast Richmond FC website is getting worse

Remove this Banner Ad

What ever happened to Dimmas Disection?
That was great in depth info from the man himself.
Club needs to be more creative and produce interviews/stories on behind the scenes type stuff.
Be different Tiges!

What ever happened to Dimmas Disection?
That was great in depth info from the man himself.
Club needs to be more creative and produce interviews/stories on behind the scenes type stuff.
Be different Tiges!

Didn’t mind it but I couldn’t held but notice that towards the end of it dimmer was just going through the motions and didn’t seem to be enjoying it

Maybe something similar but having the coach’s doing the hosting changing every week and just having richo doing the main hosting similar to the coach’s corner we have atm but more analitical on the previous weeks game

Or even focusing on a player each week and highlight some plays that they were involved in not just the ones that worked but the ones that didn’t quite pan out
But instead of a coach have the player explain the process of how and why chose to do the things they did

I understand not all the players would be into it especially some who may be a little more camera shy but guys like jack and Rance would be interesting

Last edited:
I haven’t got any beef with the website , not much material you can put up at this time of year . Maybe they could have a weekly lucky member draw to win a Jeep or of any other sponsors wanna tip in , just thinking out aloud , streamed live , That’s prob too forward thinking

My suggestion was during the off season twice a week and they could film it in 1 day and would take a total of 1 hour to record / produce and to post
4-5 minute clip with a player and 44 players would be a 22 week thing that would keep all the supporters interested and clicking on the site during the off season.

Can ask the player many questions about their football as well as their personal interest as well as where they can see themselfs playing and which role going foward as well as confirming heights / weights / Injuries etc etc

Kind of like the clips of the draftee's prior to the draft but longer

My suggestion was during the off season twice a week and they could film it in 1 day and would take a total of 1 hour to record / produce and to post
4-5 minute clip with a player and 44 players would be a 22 week thing that would keep all the supporters interested and clicking on the site during the off season.

Can ask the player many questions about their football as well as their personal interest as well as where they can see themselfs playing and which role going foward as well as confirming heights / weights / Injuries etc etc

Kind of like the clips of the draftee's prior to the draft but longer
They do have a bit of that with new draftees and last year was thoughts of ea player following the GF triumph

Here's the reply i got after sending an email to info@richmondfc.com.au , regarding incomplete player list and photos . They are basically saying that there is 3 months of the year where they won't turn a computer on,pretty pathetic.Sounds like it's outsourced to people who don't give an eff..Here's the reply...

Thanks for your email and for your feedback!
In regards to the website we do wait for our official team photos which are done in February every year. Once we have these approved we go on to update the website, merchandise and other relevant photos.

Kind Regards,

Member and Supporter Services
Richmond Football Club
P: 03 9426 4400

Here's the reply i got after sending an email to info@richmondfc.com.au , regarding incomplete player list and photos . They are basically saying that there is 3 months of the year where they won't turn a computer on,pretty pathetic.Sounds like it's outsourced to people who don't give an eff..Here's the reply...

In regards to the website we do wait for our official team photos which are done in February every year. Once we have these approved we go on to update the website, merchandise and other relevant photos.

Kind Regards,

Richmond Football Club

its always been outsourced - ITS NOT OUR WEBSITE

the AFL contract with Telstra means (1) we must use telstra to host and manage our website, and (2) we must accept the telstra generic template

as has been explained in previous years, uploading player info and other deets is done by telstra, not the club directly. the club give them the info, and then rely on them uploading it correctly. a lot of the issues about how and when info is uploaded is dictated by telstra, not the AFL clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kind Regards,

Richmond Football Club

the AFL contract with Telstra means (1) we must use telstra to host and manage our website, and (2) we must accept the telstra generic template

as has been explained in previous years, uploading player info and other deets is done by telstra, not the club directly. the club give them the info, and then rely on them uploading it correctly. a lot of the issues about how and when info is uploaded is dictated by telstra, not the AFL clubs

Rubbish excuses that are not true , If these things were correct then how does other teams websites get updated with their players in the correct kit ?
2 #39 on the website (drummond still on it and all the others delisted gone)
No Mav weller
The site got updated to include player details but no pic's

over 100k members and made over $5 mil profit but we cant take pictures of new draftee's the day the arrive to put on our site

Been s**t for years and just not good enough

Faak,time to get our own website then unless we've signed on for 10 years or something. It's another corporate scam.It's things like this that supporters hate,surely you don't have to prostitute everything off.I reckon whatever we're getting paid for the website, give it back and keep building the supporter base with pro-club initiatives .If it's impossible because of that afl agreement between all clubs, it should be challenged. It really is absurd that in today's electronic media climate , that you let some group outside the club act as the face of the club.

Rubbish excuses that are not true , If these things were correct then how does other teams websites get updated with their players in the correct kit ?
2 #39 on the website (drummond still on it and all the others delisted gone)
No Mav weller
The site got updated to include player details but no pic's

over 100k members and made over $5 mil profit but we cant take pictures of new draftee's the day the arrive to put on our site

Been s**t for years and just not good enough

its true, dont blame me for the AFL having a shitty contract with Telstra

also this was confirmed by RFC_O on here years ago

Faak,time to get our own website then unless we've signed on for 10 years or something. It's another corporate scam.It's things like this that supporters hate,surely you don't have to prostitute everything off.I reckon whatever we're getting paid for the website, give it back and keep building the supporter base with pro-club initiatives .If it's impossible because of that afl agreement between all clubs, it should be challenged. It really is absurd that in today's electronic media climate , that you let some group outside the club act as the face of the club.

cant, afl contract forbids clubs having independent sites

RFC_O said this is one of the reasons the club was using things like insta and twitter more for communicating with members, because they have more control over how the information is presented and when (as they dont have to send the info to telstra first)

david-tennantapplauseapprove.gif

So Telstra is happy to update other teams but not Richmond - I call bulltish
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/footy/players/senior-players

the issue is doing it more than once. we have had all sorts of issues in the past making updates after the initial lot get sent (remember one year delisted players got relisted :p)

if they want the official photos, and our photo day is feb, its wait till then

website management last time i spoke to someone is minimizing telstra interactions as much as possible

Perhaps the Clubs have to call Telstra on 132000 first and get through the auto-moron queue like the rest of us.;)

I moved everything away from Telstra for this reason alone. All Telstra have to sell is communication, and they can't even be contacted easily! Go figure!!!:think::drunk:

Last edited:
They have finally made a change to the website

The two #39's Jake Aarts & Nathan Drummond are no longer on the senior list
Aarts has been moved to the Rookie list (but still no picture)

Still no Weller
Still no pictures of the new recruits

Garthwaite is still 192cm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back