News Richmond finalise AFL coaching structure

Remove this Banner Ad

unless clarkson is available
Why?
I understand that Clarkson has been the best coach of the modern era along with Matthews, but its yet to be seen if his current rebuild of the Hawks is going to be successful given he's just been topping up. Either Clarkson will be successful in rebuilding the Hawks and then why would he leave, or he won't be successful with it and then why would we want him over Dimma?

Why?
I understand that Clarkson has been the best coach of the modern era along with Matthews, but its yet to be seen if his current rebuild of the Hawks is going to be successful given he's just been topping up. Either Clarkson will be successful in rebuilding the Hawks and then why would he leave, or he won't be successful with it and then why would we want him over Dimma?

4 > 2

this current rebuild of the hawks doesnt matter too much in the evaluation of clarkson imo

the comment chain too was started with "When Dimma loses the passion,"

4 > 2

this current rebuild of the hawks doesnt matter too much in the evaluation of clarkson imo

the comment chain too was started with "When Dimma loses the passion,"
That is a pretty basic way of looking at things.
It could very easily be 4 = 4, or 4 < 5 in the next 2 or 3 years

Also why is it that Dimma would lose the passion, but Clarkson wouldn't?
Clarkson has been a senior coach at the one club a lot longer than Dimma has

according to jiewoldt balme does jack s**t, just hangs around trolling media and eating

Perhaps, but at the moment he is doing it more successfully than anyone else in his position at Club land. Foolballers always think management does jack s**t. ;)

Last edited:
So did we end up replacing caracella?

its no coincidence he joined in 2017 and then when he left before 2020 we have absolutely lost our ball movement.
Corona hasn't helped for us or West Coast.
Rnd 1 vs the bloos we started like a house on fire.

its no coincidence he joined in 2017 and then when he left before 2020 we have absolutely lost our ball movement.
He's been a huge loss, I've said it all year we haven't been able to move the ball with any fluidity and we've had total disconnect from defence to attack. That was Caracella.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s Caracella’s coaching record like?
From memory everywhere he has been there’s been great success.
Shattering we couldn’t retain him.

He's been a huge loss, I've said it all year we haven't been able to move the ball with any fluidity and we've had total disconnect from defence to attack. That was Caracella.
Yes, but a part of that is also because we hardly train as a team due to COVID-19

I blame Dan Richardson.

He is supposedly a tigers supporter but when he got the arse he went about trying to steal everyone from coaching (Caracella, Rutten). Hes on a personal mission to ruin the tigers. Fair enough he want to do well at Bombers but he's hurting Richmond while he is at it.

I blame Dan Richardson.

He is supposedly a tigers supporter but when he got the arse he went about trying to steal everyone from coaching (Caracella, Rutten). Hes on a personal mission to ruin the tigers. Fair enough he want to do well at Bombers but he's hurting Richmond while he is at it.

Tigers supporter means nothing when they work in the business. Their loyalty is to who they are working for.

If Caracella is the Messiah as some are saying, then why are Essendon still so s**t?

I suspect that our problems with ball movement are a result of not having the hunger to run as hard as the oppo, rather than not knowing where to run in the first place.

Caracallas arrival coincided with a lot of other changes at RFC including Dimma changing his outlook/philosophies on coaching.
As good an operator as he is I’d imagine it was a bit of right place at right time.
The biggest single (on field) change was to change our game plan from that slow sideways/backwards BS to a frantic move the ball forward at all cost model. Us supporters can only guess what role Caracalla played in that change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back