Assistant coach, backline/defence: Justin Leppitsch
Assistant coach, midfield/stoppage: Adam Kingsley
Assistant coach, midfield/offensive: Andrew McQualter
Assistant coach, forwards: Craig McRae
VFL & Development coach (forwards): Xavier Clarke
Development coach and VFL backline: Ryan Ferguson
Development coach and VFL midfield: Sam Lonergan
Ruck coach: Ivan Maric

Full details https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-11-07/coaching-announcement

the discount option. dont like it

we lost caracella and replaced him with the vfl coach

cant we afford to get someone as good as caracella?
Flybags is great, let's see before we criticise might be better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the discount option. dont like it

we lost caracella and replaced him with the vfl coach

cant we afford to get someone as good as caracella?
I like that we trust the development of our own coaches and give them a proper career path as well.
Look at the number of top level coaches that Clarkson has put out into AFL teams. Hopefully the next stage of Dimma's reign is that level of impact to the game.

Damien could coach at RFC to the age of sixty at least.
That would be 2032.
Bill Belichick, the New England Patriots coach, six Super Bowl victories, is 67.

That's far too long a reign imo.

Message wears out. Need fresh ideas and perspectives. That can come in some part from assistants but ultimately it's o the head coach. How many coaches have done that successfully? Sheedy? 4 flags in 25 years? Malthouse was a senior coach for something similar but across two different clubs. The message eventually wears out. Parkin, Pagan, Sheedy, Malthouse, Matthews all got replaced. Can't think of any other recent long term coaches off the top of my head.

I think Dimma has a few years left but he can't coach indefinitely. I would have thought no more than about 5 more years at most.

Richmond could well become the greatest football club of any code.
By way of comparison, Belichick won the first of six Super Bowls coaching at the age of 49.
Damien H won in 2017 at the age of 45.

It's not about how old they are it's about how long they are in the job.

Dimma has already been in the job for 11 years. You want him in for another 13 or so. Coaches have a lifespan. They don't go on indefinitely. I'd be shocked if Dimm stayed on (at the tigs) past this current premiership window. It's rare that coaches stay on for another rebuild and rarer that they then have success again. Would Dimma have the passion to go through another rebuild? I doubt it. That's probably about 3-4 years away, so 15 years in the job. Then a rebuild is going to take something like 4-5 years. It's just not realistic.

It's not about how old they are it's about how long they are in the job.

Dimma has already been in the job for 11 years. You want him in for another 13 or so. Coaches have a lifespan. They don't go on indefinitely. I'd be shocked if Dimm stayed on (at the tigs) past this current premiership window. It's rare that coaches stay on for another rebuild and rarer that they then have success again. Would Dimma have the passion to go through another rebuild? I doubt it. That's probably about 3-4 years away, so 15 years in the job. Then a rebuild is going to take something like 4-5 years. It's just not realistic.
His good mate Clarkson is setting up for a rebuild of sorts for the 2nd time and seems to be entrenched at the Hawks.
We will face a similar path shortly but with the list being built around Tom Lunch and some clever planning eg: F/A.I think Dimma Has it in him for another minor rebuild.

That's far too long a reign imo.

Message wears out. Need fresh ideas and perspectives. That can come in some part from assistants but ultimately it's o the head coach. How many coaches have done that successfully? Sheedy? 4 flags in 25 years? Malthouse was a senior coach for something similar but across two different clubs. The message eventually wears out. Parkin, Pagan, Sheedy, Malthouse, Matthews all got replaced. Can't think of any other recent long term coaches off the top of my head.

I think Dimma has a few years left but he can't coach indefinitely. I would have thought no more than about 5 more years at most.
How can a winning message of 6 Super Bowl Victories wear out?!? He can only get better at what he does, his track record speaks for itself!
I'm thinking Bart Cummings here, Steve Waugh, Mal Maninga, Melbourne Storm NRL Coach, Clarkson, these guys are Quality!
These guys would be aware of what message they were constantly putting out...self renewal would be a priority with them...otherwise these guys would not be near 6 Super Bowl wins...premierships...Melbourne Cups...et al..
New players come every year at the Patriots the message can only be new to them...
New Assistant coaches at the patriots the message can only be new to them...
I do not subscribe to...message wears out...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back