Certified Legendary Thread Richmond GIFs

Balta beautiful tap to Dusty who kicks I50 to Lynch, Castagna front and centre to Pickett to Cotchin who is tackled high and a missed shot at goal.
How is that tap and rove from dusty

A+

Disco_Stu

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
JGTI/Henderson contest, Baker out the back low punt to JR8 to JGTI to Castagna contest, Lambert front & centre to Prestia to goal

The down the ground view is great - you can see that squid-headed Squib, Myers, trail Prestia the whole way. If there was a thought bubble you'd see "please stop running, Prestia, I am so very tired. Please don't get the ball... Please don't kick a goal... Ah fiddlesticks" sad face.

Dangerfield brilliantly tackled by JGTI, but somehow he gives away and ITB free... replay doesn't really back up the umpire.
Like I said on the day, I still maintain the free kick Cotchin got earlier was more in the back than that Jack Graham tackle. I guess Cotchin was lucky he didn’t tackle Dangerfield.

copthat

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
tackle from Pickett on O'Connor, Rioli gets loose ball to JGTI to Shedda to Cotch to JGTI to Short to Dusty I50 and JR8 earns HTM free off Henderson and goal
Cotchin's handball here under immense pressure. Unbelievable.
Balta goes off his man (Tuohy) to intercept mark, kick to Lynch/Henderson/Kolodjashnij punch down to Lambert to Dusty who breaks O'Connor tackle and 65m snap goal
Love the down the ground view and Dusty swivelling his head to see Blicavs has backed off 20m. You can see his body language change from "I'm in a dangerous position" to "OMFG get me the ******* ball and get out of the way".

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Really excellent work Keith as always.

Some things that really showed up here.

1. Martin has kicked the 4 best goals of the game. His 4th best goal was better than any other goal in the match. Maybe the only one you could argue is Menegola’s great mark and long set shot goal versus maybe Dusty’s outside of the foot special in the 3rd term. I just don’t know if I have ever seen that in the AFL, almost certainly not in a big match where one player kicks the best 4 goals of the match. Maybe Ablett Snr?

2. Bolton some brilliant pieces of flashy play that were very telling, especially his two brilliant goal assists - the boundary mark over the gallant Menegola was like Bruce Lee meets Spiderman with a touch of class on the pass as well for a crucial goal. But some of his work in contests and to assist with shepherds, spoils etc and these more team orientated type of activities was first class and any queries I previously had on his willingness or ability in contests with heavy frontal pressure are gone. Another huge success for the RFC and the Ralphy Carr stable. Brilliant player to watch. Brilliant player full stop, even if his 16th and final disposal did cost me a small fortune in a disposal multi. 😩

3. Blicavs has had an absolute nightmare of a match, has been beaten by smaller players in up to 10 critical contests. Scott appears to have made a mess of his role yet again in a big match v us. That, or he is just not a footballer capable of impacting in this type of match.

4. As has been pointed out, Grimes has completely outpointed Dangerfield in several contests. I suspect Danger is a reasonable forward when he gets a mismatch for pace or strength, but he is pitiable there against this class of opponent. By the fourth term, Dangerfield put in some shocking efforts, he just looked a broken man.

5. Miers badly shown up in several passages. Clearly a good runner but that is all he can do well and is pathetic in contests and also as mentioned in a post above, picks and chooses with his defensive running, ruthlessly exploited by Prestia and also Bolton in these gifs. Short as well.

6. Selwood/Dangerfield/Miers pathetic stagers at times when honest effort in contests was required. All multiple offenders in this match and serial long termers.

7. Baker with 3 goal assists for a backman, the Cats made a shocking error leaving him alone to set up shots at goal and the Tigers exploited this without mercy.

8. Balta. He has shown up displaying very different talents in some of these gifs, ragdolling rucks at boundary throw ins, hitouts to advantage, great handballs, huge penetrating kicks but also a superb touch kick to Lynch on his left when running full pace. Boy are we going to enjoy watching this bloke play in our strip over the years.

9. That Dangerfield hit on Vlastuin although I am slightly more doubtful in my assessment than I was at the time it happened, I don’t think that should be waved through by the MRO. There is something wrong with the way he was approaching that contest with a raised elbow from the start. There are many other ways you can affect a tap on and the AFL should be saying that action is unacceptable. The only possible way Vlastuin can defend that is to also raise his elbow or jump out of the way. And that is before you even start getting into what the hell Dangerfield was doing with his knee in that contest, it was a ground ball and not an aerial contest.

Thanks Keith, it is a privilege getting to view these gifs you make, it really brings the intricacies of the games into sharp focus. 😍

Apr 15, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
I don't think Rhys Stanley will ever recover from seeing himself spudding it up to Dusty's famous GOAT party time goal.
He spuds it once, he spuds it twice, he spuds it thrice - Dusty goal.

May 8, 2007
vic
AFL Club
Richmond
What is very underrated in the Menegola-Simpson collision is Short's effort. If you watch the video, as the ball is kicked in he's 3 metres behind Simpson and he makes up the ground, fights around Simpson and gets to the contest first (lucky he didn't cop Menegola's hip in the head).

I thought that Menegola's kick - considering the state of the game, it was probably Geelong's last chance, fantastic mark, he'd just nearly killed his teammate, he waited for 8 minutes to eventually take the shot - was an absolutely great goal, and if Geelong had won it would have gone down as a legendary Grand Final moment.

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-P|NHL-P|V8|F1
Here we go fellas.

giphy.gif

and in slow motion for extra fappage time.

ezgif-1-3f3971da08.gif
in going through this thread originally for me, I noted down that this GIF was lacking in detail (just one angle and the slow-mo version missing)... took some effort to find copies of other angles on this kick, but it's such a sublime moment of footy that it deserves to be remembered again and again (too bad it's only in 720p due to 2017-ness)

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
So... considering going back and making GIFs of all of the games I've missed this year (from a making GIFs perspective) and putting them in here... 20 likes on this post and I'll do it :p
Even though this post only got 15 likes (you slack *ers :p ) I'll probably go back and do the rest of the games missed this year (R1-R9, approximately) at some point in the next couple of weeks.

I love how Rohan is turned inside out, then drops his hands to say in a little kids voice “ I’m not playing anymore”
OMG that it awesome 🤣

in going through this thread originally for me, I noted down that this GIF was lacking in detail (just one angle and the slow-mo version missing)... took some effort to find copies of other angles on this kick, but it's such a sublime moment of footy that it deserves to be remembered again and again (too bad it's only in 720p due to 2017-ness)

That pirouette. That was magnificent...

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Even though this post only got 15 likes (you slack f***ers :p ) I'll probably go back and do the rest of the games missed this year (R1-R9, approximately) at some point in the next couple of weeks.
OK, I've finally got around to doing these... better late than never ;)

Folling on from here will be from the Blues game to start off the games I missed...

Soldo down to Cotchin in D50 big outlet handball to Shedda who handballs over his left shoulder to Prestia, two very nice handballs in a row.

Back