Certified Legendary Thread Richmond GIFs

Remove this Banner Ad

Astbury fists to exit D50, Baker attacks the ball hard, himself and JR8 tackle Liam Jones, Baker picks up and kicks to Bolton to Lambo tackled after for 50m Goal

Dusty and Prestia body slam Jack Martin for HTB

Coast to coast goal... Baker to Astbury to Rioli over his head but he runs onto it hard as Bolton shepherds, hb to Lambert to Stack high free, I50 to JR8 & Nank & Lynch who front & centre roves and kicks to Dusty who handballs over his shoulder to JR8 in the goalsquare for a goal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soldo down to space, Shedda sprints to it and handballs over his shoulder cleanly to Cotchin who goes I50 (punched away, but Lynch is pushed into Liam Jones by Weitering and smashes him hard...)

Great job - I remember when I saw George's goal against the Blues I thought 'This is that ugly chaos-and-running-in-waves-that everyone complains about - and it's beautiful'.

Notice both Lambert and Castagna are at least 5 yards behind the play when the pack contest happens - but both keep runnng on in case they are needed. Even though Lynch's first handball to Pickett seems to set up a kick to the goal square, both keep going in support needed. George now seems completely out of the play - boundary side and well behind the ball. But he keeps running, and 3 quick handballs later, he strolls into goal.

It's not just 'Chaos balls and forward handballs'. It's angles, it's reading the play, above all it's recognising the possibiities. Lynch grabs the ball in a pack 60 metres out- not facing the goals. 5 seconds later George walks in uncontested to kick it from 15 out. It's one of my all-time Richmond favourite goals.

Also notice Lambert in many 3 segments - in some, he runs hard in support,- but is not used. In the 'tap to Prestia' gif, after his little tap that opens it up, he still breaks away from the tackle and starts running forward to offer support. And his first positive action in George's goal is a shepherd. He never stops doing what needs to be done. He is such an under-rated player.

And that is all from 3 pieces of play in the first 5 minutes of the season. When we are good, we are f****** good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back