Richmond hate explained?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humility goes a long way. You've beaten an injury depleted Melbourne. And beaten Carlton, Brisbane and Collingwood and West Coast who struggle at the MCG. Nothing to write home about yet according to your supporters you are going to win the GF.

Thats the thing.

Im not writing home, but your response is very demonstrative.

People are so quick to get defensive about Richmond.

Humility goes a long way. You've beaten an injury depleted Melbourne. And beaten Carlton, Brisbane and Collingwood and West Coast who struggle at the MCG. Nothing to write home about yet according to your supporters you are going to win the GF.
$2.15 to beat the Pies, $2.55 to beat the Eagles, $1.67 to beat Dees.
Funny how after you win everyone expected you to win

Anyone care to have a crack??

We have been down for so long, almost went bankrupt recently, I don't really understand it to be honest.

But no sweat if I cop all the normal stuff in here.

Genuinely interested.

Cheers.

You're wasting your time asking on Big Footy.
You would better off asking the goldfish.

We have been down for so long, almost went bankrupt recently, I don't really understand it to be honest.

Genuinely interested.

Cheers.
Lack of humility. Done * all for decades but think you deserve to be put on a pedastal.

So?

Why can't we be happy about how we have done? Isn't that what a real supporter does? Do you only support your team if your dominating?

I have not seen one supporter say we were going to win a flag, the fact is who wouldn't be bloody happy with a 5-0 start after a putrid year and when everyone tipped you to finish bottom 4? Especially when it's our best start for over 20 years. Of course we should be happy being able to tough it out and win a game that a year or so ago we would have lost.

See every time we win a game people make excuses for the opposing team ... they had injuries, they aren't good, they suck away from home.

But when we lose, it's all about how we suck ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which supporters?

Most seem excited about the win but we think we will cop it vs Adelaide next week.

I hear this generalization all the time on bigfooty with nothing to back it up. It's a poor argument.

$2.15 to beat the Pies, $2.55 to beat the Eagles, $1.67 to beat Dees.
Funny how after you win everyone expected you to win

Not many expected you to win against WC and Dees, and really you were lucky to beat both. MCG aside, WC kicked themselves out of it with more scoring shots than Richmond. Dees lost two big men, which created the elements required for the comeback, without those injuries, Demons would probably have won by 6-8 goals. As others have pointed out, Richmond fans getting massively ahead of themselves is probably behind a general lack of sympathy.

Genuinely interested.

Cheers.

How can you hate Richmond.....it's the gift that keeps on giving.

But in all reality, passionate fans and the best club song in the comp bar none.
Richmond supporters.....the true definition of optimism.
The true hate will come if you start winning flags and the supporters get a bit to far ahead of themselves

Which supporters?

Most seem excited about the win but we think we will cop it vs Adelaide next week.

I hear this generalization all the time on bigfooty with nothing to back it up. It's a poor argument.

I dont want this to turn into a pissing contest, but am genuinely just interested in other side's perspective. Not about who's right, or whos wrong etc.

Cheers.

Not many expected you to win against WC and Dees, and really you were lucky to beat both. MCG aside, WC kicked themselves out of it with more scoring shots than Richmond. Dees lost two big men, which created the elements required for the comeback, without those injuries, Demons would probably have won by 6-8 goals. As others have pointed out, Richmond fans getting massively ahead of themselves is probably behind a general lack of sympathy.

Haha okay. Measured response.

Cheers.

Not to mention the constant shifting. Of goalposts

We comfortably beat Carlton "no you have to beat Collingwood then you'll see where you are at"

Ok fair enough, we beat Collingwood

"Nope they suck and are bottom 4, next round you face true contender

Fair enough again, we beat west coast

"Sorry changed our mind, they suck at the mcg, the real test is Melbourne"

We beat Melbourne and it's all about their injuries

If we beat Adelaide (not confident though) it'll be " they were due for a bad performance". Or " they were missing kjenkins and taila"

Thing is we can only play/ beat what's in front of us. We didn't choose to play three bottom four teams in the first four rounds, nor can we help injuries etc.. its not like we choose to play undermanned or poor sides

Richmond is hated?

I'd say at least Carlton, Essendon, Geelong, GWS, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, Sydney and West Coast cop more 'hate' than Richmond for various reasons.

Richmond are decidedly mid-table when it comes to the hate stakes from what I can tell.

Ok I got that off my chest. I'll stop melting now :)

Just one more thing

We don't hate that people don't rate us, we only hate when people don't give us credit for a good performance, but then tear us to shreds when we are poor (which has been a lot :(

Not to mention the constant shifting. Of goalposts

We comfortably beat Carlton "no you have to beat Collingwood then you'll see where you are at"

Ok fair enough, we beat Collingwood

"Nope they suck and are bottom 4, next round you face true contender

Fair enough again, we beat west coast

"Sorry changed our mind, they suck at the mcg, the real test is Melbourne"

We beat Melbourne and it's all about their injuries

If we beat Adelaide (not confident though) it'll be " they were due for a bad performance". Or " they were missing kjenkins and taila"

Thing is we can only play/ beat what's in front of us. We didn't choose to play three bottom four teams in the first four rounds, nor can we help injuries etc.. its not like we choose to play undermanned or poor sides

Thanks mate.

Once again, let's keep the discussion general.

Its not about right now per se.

BS

Humility goes a long way. You've beaten an injury depleted Melbourne. And beaten Carlton, Brisbane and Collingwood and West Coast who struggle at the MCG
That's a lot of ******* victories hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha Keep going hahahahahahaha

Did you have us winning first 5 games.? i am sure no. Learn to give credit where its due..!
The players have pleasantly surprised the fans so far and we are just enjoying a good start. No one believes we'll win flag, yet anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back