Richmond hate explained?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate i will give you an example - seeing you are a fellow Cats supporter

When Geelong lost the 2008 GF to Hawthorn - the Hawthorn president Jeff Kennett said publicly Geelong were mentally week - pretty insulting i would of thought

Well when Richmond won their 5 flags ( and they did have champion teams ) they were 10 times worse - after they won their flag each year - their president /committee would ridicule laugh at who they beat - they would say stuff like - oh their as weak as pisss - we thrashed them - flogged them - their no good - their hopeless - and we will smash them again next year . That was the Richmond club line - after they won each of their 5 flags in that 67-74 period !!

So if you have lived through that - i dont think you would have a soft spot for them - as a Club

That's fine. But it doesn't resonate with me, my mates, or I'm betting the vast majority of people on this forum, because we didn't live through it. There'd be plenty of parents with teenage children out there who have never known a successful Richmond. I just know my crazy Richmond supporting mates who have been alive for two finals wins, the most recent of which was a couple of days after the September 11 attacks. They've been starved of success and if Geelong isn't going to win the premiership, then I'd be quite happy for my mates who have been given barely any joy from the club they support in their entire lives to feel the thrill of premiership success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back