Richmond hate explained?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you around in the 1970s?
Richmond people made Carlton supporters look modest by comparison.

Was going to say the same thing. I lived through that era with Richmond supporters as next door neighbors.

I'm still scarred the echo's of 'Good on ya Roycey baby' being deliberately yelled in our direction.

I know Carlton supporters are arrogant and hated as a club and that's fair enough but I'll pose this question - can you imagine what it would be like if Richmond had won 17 flags ?? Can you imagine the level of loud-mouth arrogance from the Tigers ???

That's a lot of ******* victories hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha Keep going hahahahahahaha
? Sorry mate no idea what this post means.

I could hazard a guess and suggest this post just supports my suggestion of a lack of humility by your supporters though.

I applaud your passion, but fear you will be on a similar path to the North of 2016. Don't throw the microwaves out just yet friend.

Didn't read thread, but really, who cares.

It's fun to watch all the saltiness for supposed 'neutrals' when we win.

I dare say they'll get their rocks off over the next few weeks, when we (probably) lose to Adelaide, WB & GWS, but who cares. After all their predictions of us being bottom 4, it's still fun to watch them cry when we keep beating teams who are (supposed to be) well ahead of us.

I look forward to the next round of crap, where they give us hell about how we were saying we were in the running for the flag, without actually being able to show where/when anyone said that (seriously) except the usual flog non-richmond supporters who were supposedly speaking for us. Of course, nobody will admit this 'oversight'.

$2.15 to beat the Pies, $2.55 to beat the Eagles, $1.67 to beat Dees.
Funny how after you win everyone expected you to win

All it means is that you're less crap than punters/bookies expected.

Having won four matches against probable non-finalists and one against a West Coast team which travels very poorly, there's a lot to prove yet.

At least, if Richmond just proves to be an average team, the 5-0 start will probably be worth a spot in the finals.

F*ck I love it when opposition fans hate us.
I'd suggest it's a much more different hate to what people had for Hawthorn, they were a real force. I'd liken the dislike people have for Richmond as the same as what people had for North last year. People tend to dislike pretenders.

Haha okay. Measured response.

Cheers.

I think you've answered your OP.

You think my 6-8 goals estimate is an unmeasured response? Melbourne were up by 4 goals with momentum before the injuries. Adding two or more goals to their lead in the last would not have been out of the question had they not had to rejig the Ruck and kept the momentum.

I don't see everyone claiming we will win the flag like that other guy was saying.

Sure lots of positive posts but we just won. First post I saw was something say we got out of jail and were exposed a bit.

I could go onto any board after a win and find posts. It doesn't mean anything or that the whole supporter base thinks we're better than what we're.
hey that was me! i feel popular :D

parochialism is parochialism

should we be quoting your board melting about how 's**t' we are? etc?
That's up to you. Personally I don't think you're s**t. At the same time, I don't think you're very good either. The draw thus far has been flattering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you've answered your OP.

You think my 6-8 goals estimate is an unmeasured response? Melbourne were up by 4 goals with momentum before the injuries. Adding two or more goals to their lead in the last would not have been out of the question had they not had to rejig the Ruck and kept the momentum.
yet we kicked 1.5 at that time, what if we kicked straight? we'd have been 2 goals up, does that change anything?

All it means is that you're less crap than punters/bookies expected.

Having won four matches against probable non-finalists and one against a West Coast team which travels very poorly, there's a lot to prove yet.

At least, if Richmond just proves to be an average team, the 5-0 start will probably be worth a spot in the finals.
All this means is we weren't expected to win and we did. Easy to saw we've had an easy draw after the win.

We've given the 2nd biggest losses for Blues, Dees and Eagles and biggest losses for Collingwood and Brisbane.
If those teams are so easy and beatable, why is no one else beating them by more?

Quoting from team boards on the main board
Do not quote a post from a team board and post it here. Ever. Team boards are primarily intended as sanctuaries for supporters of those teams, and it is not appropriate to quote comments from them out of context on other boards. Just don't do it.

Humility goes a long way. You've beaten an injury depleted Melbourne. And beaten Carlton, Brisbane and Collingwood and West Coast who struggle at the MCG. Nothing to write home about yet according to your supporters you are going to win the GF.
bullshit, none of us saying we are going to win the gf, stop making s**t up and acting like it's gospel.

I just love it how Richmond celebrate every week like they've won the Grand Final when they've probably beaten all the teams that'll feature somewhere in the bottom six this year....but to each their own..

No we don't

We are just passionate

I just love it how Richmond celebrate every week like they've won the Grand Final when they've probably beaten all the teams that'll feature somewhere in the bottom six this year....but to each their own..
true, West Coast certainly looking like a bottom six side.

No we don't

We are just passionate

That's another reason for the hate - the word 'passionate'. You don't have a mortgage on the word passionate when it comes to supporting your team.

We are all passionate about our teams !!!. Just because most of you carry on like loud-mouth flogs doesn't make you any more or less passionate in your support.

That's another reason for the hate - the word 'passionate'. You don't have a mortgage on the word passionate when it comes to supporting your team.

We are all passionate about our teams !!!. Just because most of you carry on like loud-mouth flogs doesn't make you any more or less passionate in your support.

We don't though, we simply express our happiness at winning and suddenly everyone tells us to calm down , that we haven't won anything etc etc

I really respect Richmond. They're still premiers this year for mine. 5-0 start should safely see them in a top 4 finish, all they have to do is get through to the home grand final and they're pretty much set.

Beating the teams below you is all you have to do, and when there's 17 teams below you, well, Tigers 2017 premiers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back