Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Like seeing Richmond do well, nobody could ever accuse their supporters of being fair-weather after all the s**t they've gone through for the past 30 odd years. Only thing that grates is how they celebrate every win like winning a grand final but you can't begrudge the players for actually showing some passion I suppose.

ScarlettFever

Senior List
Sep 14, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
You know the ironic stupidity of the argument "you havent beaten anyone good yet"? If your team is genuinely good, then they will beat most of the other teams rending those beaten teams as ironically...Not very good hence the argument can never be satisfied because it is inherently constructed to fail.

I would have said going into this season West Coast, Melbourne and maybe Collingwood were better than Richmond. The Blues are a total gimp side and Brisbane are a long way back but they have some spirit. But the Eagles, Magpies and Demons were all teams that were either above or on par with Richmond before the season began. They have all been vanquished.

Carlton is probably the only team around that can say on any given week they are up against teams that are better than them but who would want to be in their position???

Nah, it's really not that complex. You just haven't beaten anyone good yet. I mean if you beat Adelaide, bulldogs and GWS then you have beaten someone good and I'm sure more people will start to take Richmond more seriously. Lucky for you, you don't have to wait long to find out. geelong haven't beaten anyone good either. Unfortunately it will be a couple more weeks before we find out.

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
Because their fans talk them up so much. So many spuds in their side still it's remarkable they're 5 0 to be honest. Props to their best players carrying them

Most fans were demanding a full rebuild last year.

actually we have had a very even team performance this year, unlike in previous years when we were more often carried...

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
Nah, it's really not that complex. You just haven't beaten anyone good yet. I mean if you beat Adelaide, bulldogs and GWS then you have beaten someone good and I'm sure more people will start to take Richmond more seriously. Lucky for you, you don't have to wait long to find out. geelong haven't beaten anyone good either. Unfortunately it will be a couple more weeks before we find out.

Bulldogs? is that the team that lost to Collingwood and almost lost to North and Brisbane?

Black Saab

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Geelong are expected to beat those top teams. Richmond are on a lower level. We have to play those top teams but the mark of improvement is against more modest opponents. So far, to that end Richmond has done well. The Cat's are yet to be discovered just like you say. This is a tiered competition, Richmond are in the middle tier, Geelong are supposedly in the top tier.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Because their fans talk them up so much. So many spuds in their side still it's remarkable they're 5 0 to be honest. Props to their best players carrying them

They absolute smacked your potato salad laden footy team so I would shhhhhh

My name geoff

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
I'll explain it. Richmond have been the footy comic relief for 2 decades. Everyone loved laughing at your expense. All those years of finishing 9th and then to finally make the finals only to bomb out in the first week. It was real life slapstick comedy. We just don't want that to end. So if you guys actually become good, then who else do we laugh at?

This is not a dig. It's my honest assessment.

Lol! Probably could have added the bit about losing their first final to the team that finished ninth, but other than that:handok:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ozil

Club Legend
Dec 10, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
People hate them?

I'm loving it. Dusty, Cotch, Rance and Riewoldt all look reinvigorated. A few new faces all playing good footy. Rejigged forward structure is fun as hell to watch. Hardwick smiling every week after being written off. And those brilliant new jumpers.

Can't begrudge the fans any of it, either. Hope it rolls on (after a brief hiatus in Round 7)

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dogs fans :rolleyes:

Answer the question instead of attempting to be sarcastic

It's a fair answer I believe and being mid 40s allows me a fair idea of the time period.

I can't remember a year where the Tigers have been a realistic FLAG chance since 1980

UpTheTigs

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2016
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Buccaneers, 76ers, Bournemouth

If you don't watch Richmond games, why make comment about them?

A huge part of our form so far this year is 2nd tier players stepping up when guys like Rance, Cotch and Jack are down.

Go to bed and have more nightmares about the MCG.

UpTheTigs

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2016
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Answer the question instead of attempting to be sarcastic

It's a fair answer I believe and being mid 40s allows me a fair idea of the time period.

I can't remember a year where the Tigers have been a realistic FLAG chance since 1980

Anyone in the Top 8 is a flag chance. As a dogs fan, you should know that better than anyone.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone in the Top 8 is a flag chance. As a dogs fan, you should know that better than anyone.

Rubbish

Last year was an anomaly that probably won't happen again.

North were ZERO chance last year and the fact no team has ever won a flag form so low other than last year proves this.

Plenty of teams have made the 8 with zero chance of a flag.

My own team the dogs in 2015 proof of this

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Richmond made a Prelim without Richardson in 2001 and lost to the eventual Premiers. I'd say that qualifies as a realistic flag chance.

Nope

I watched that game when the lions annihilated you in Brisbane. You were miles off a flag team mate.

You also got smashed in the finals by the other grand final team Essendon

UpTheTigs

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2016
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Rubbish

Last year was an anomaly that probably won't happen again.

North were ZERO chance last year and the fact no team has ever won a flag form so low other than last year proves this.

Plenty of teams have made the 8 with zero chance of a flag.

My own team the dogs in 2015 proof of this

Fact of the matter is, if you're in the Finals, you're a shot at winning the Flag.

In regards to you not seeing the Tigers be a genuine flag chance since 1980...They were in the Grand final in 1982, goodbye to your opinions integrity....:rolleyes::drunk:

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I usually support the Tigers in any neutral game but kinda frustrating to have to read through half a dozen trolls in our review thread. I've never had an issue with their supporters at games but they've got some rather dislikeable posters on BF.

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
I usually support the Tigers in any neutral game but kinda frustrating to have to read through half a dozen trolls in our review thread. I've never had an issue with their supporters at games but they've got some rather dislikeable posters on BF.

Like just about every other supporter base...

UpTheTigs

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2016
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams

Part and parcel of BF. The opposition team spends an entire week trashing the other in the lead up to the game. One wins and one loses and as a result you get cocky winners and offended losers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back