Richmond hate explained?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a premiership has mellowed you dog fans... whats that like?

Actually no get stuffed ya mongrels

It's actually weird Coz we have been the butt of jokes and everyone's second team for 60 years.

I can't tell you how many times I've been asked "why would you Barrack for the Bulldogs?" 1954, tin rattlers, and so on.

The hard part now is we have to listen to every excuse why we won other than we were the best team and if we defend ourselves we are smug and arrogant lol.

I guess you can't win Em all

It's actually weird Coz we have been the butt of jokes and everyone's second team for 60 years.

I can't tell you how many times I've been asked "why would you Barrack for the Bulldogs?" 1954, tin rattlers, and so on.

The hard part now is we have to listen to every excuse why we won other than we were the best team and if we defend ourselves we are smug and arrogant lol.

I guess you can't win Em all

That's depressing .. not sure if I ever want to know what that feels like.

*insert picture of team holding cup*

Oh look I'd feel better now

LOL

I know what your saying and you're right I get the feeling even when you win a flag you never really get to enjoy it .. look at Hawthorn 3 in a row and now the but of all jokes .... you have to sit back and wonder WTF?

I actually kind of like Richmond. For the same reason I suspect many people do to Melbourne, and did to us before last year. And that is they have never really been a constant threat. They are like the George Costanza of the AFL, the lovable losers, as it were.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing them have some success but I do think they are like North of last year and they will come crashing down when the draw gets harder.

Doggies fans have short memories.

Spoken like you have a microwave :$
I've got one that I use for food/possible collingwood membership.

I also have one that I can easily rebrand.

300757_f331cb7cef3975fbeb8585cbf709c573.jpg

That's depressing .. not sure if I ever want to know what that feels like.

*insert picture of team holding cup*

Oh look I'd feel better now

LOL

I know what your saying and you're right I get the feeling even when you win a flag you never really get to enjoy it .. look at Hawthorn 3 in a row and now the but of all jokes .... you have to sit back and wonder WTF?

Oh trust me mate you enjoy it and after so long now most bulldog fans have a

"Who cares what happens from now" attitude.

I'm mid 40s I'm more than happy to admit I'd accepting I may not have ever seen a flag.

It's just surprising that a lot of the people that said we really hope you win one day now just attack us at every chance.

But that still doesn't take away form the joy and whoever I'm down I slide the DVD in, turn the lights off and just enjoy the game

It's the shiny silverware that has distracted them Bobby .... before that just wave a picture of Nathan Brown and Terry Wallace in front of them with a picture of Libba Snr attacking Matty Knights.

I still think Knights should have got at least 4 weeks for head butting Libbas elbow

Ps sorry but I still wish it was Wayne Campbell's head. Hasnt been a player I've hated more ever.

yet we kicked 1.5 at that time, what if we kicked straight? we'd have been 2 goals up, does that change anything?

Changes nothing. Based on hk's theory of complete hypotheticals, neitz wouldve kicked another 5 and jeff farmer wouldve had an injury, which basically means we lose by at least 120 points after russell robertson and woewoedin chipped in.

Changes nothing. Based on hk's theory of complete hypotheticals, neitz wouldve kicked another 5 and jeff farmer wouldve had an injury, which basically means we lose by at least 120 points after russell robertson and woewoedin chipped in.

Yze kicked a flashy one too from memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope

I watched that game when the lions annihilated you in Brisbane. You were miles off a flag team mate.

You also got smashed in the finals by the other grand final team Essendon

If you think any team in a prelim, 4 teams remain, 2 wins away from the ultimate prize isnt a 'flag chance' then you are one of the most uneducated spanners to ever observe a sherrin

I'd suggest it's a much more different hate to what people had for Hawthorn, they were a real force. I'd liken the dislike people have for Richmond as the same as what people had for North last year. People tend to dislike pretenders.

Like your mob.

If you think any team in a prelim, 4 teams remain, 2 wins away from the ultimate prize isnt a 'flag chance' then you are one of the most uneducated spanners to ever observe a sherrin

Lol such anger so late.

Richmond made the prelim in 2001

They were NO chance and even a spanner could see that.

Sorry i mustve been distracted trying to find matthew knights eyeball from the centre of the mcg after libba clawed it out earlier that year. #summation

lol chill out will you

In case you didn't notice I'm not Libba

Get yourself a herbal tea and count to ten

Humility goes a long way. You've beaten an injury depleted Melbourne. And beaten Carlton, Brisbane and Collingwood and West Coast who struggle at the MCG. Nothing to write home about yet according to your supporters you are going to win the GF.
No Richmond supporter has said that,only you oppos.

We are a big club that's done jack s**t for 35 years LOL

I think its hilarious that other supporters still wanna kick us while we are down, imagine if we ever do a bulldogs ... bigfooty will be forced to close down.

Big Footy will be the next Pripyat if Richmond won just one solitary flag.

Did you have us winning first 5 games.? i am sure no. Learn to give credit where its due..!
The players have pleasantly surprised the fans so far and we are just enjoying a good start. No one believes we'll win flag, yet anyway.

Win the last 5 games of the year then get back to us mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back