Richmond hierarchy aimed for finals, not a premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Weak season
Good draw
41 fit players available in late September.
The umpires took a shine to their new playing style.
Martin had the season of his career
Swans & GWS were hampered by injury.
Amazing MRP result

A perfect storm occurred. It happens.

how are injuries an excuse for GWS and Sydney?

We had injuries last year, and when we mentioned them, we were told to shut up and don't use it as an excuse... Thing is, if anything we had MORE excuse as we had/have much less depth than both those teams.

Why do they get to use the injury excuse?

ALL. FINALS. AT. HOME.

Are we going to pretend that isn't an advantage?

Play the game at AO and we will see.

Play it at a neutral ground and we will see.
Oh wait you dismiss the idea because it will never happen and that all of sudden negates the point.
FFS, piss off.

You get a huge home ground advantage during the H&A season and still finish a measly half game ahead of us. We also lost 3 very close games one of which was taken off us by the 3rd umpire after a goal had been given the all clear. Just winning one of those would have made us the top team and none of these arguments would be happening.

I would just concentrate on why your own side played so poorly and why some of your best players want to leave your club.

Since the year Weird Al Yankovic was born, you've won 2 premierships, we've won 6 and hawthorn have won 13.

Just like his music, you're a joke.
There's no such thing as a powerhouse in a national game. The closest to it are Sydney. Like all teams, Richmond are a thing and will come down soon, and then go back up, and then go back down. Collingwood did the exact same thing (2002-2004, 2008-2013). That's footy.

Since the year Weird Al Yankovic was born, you've won 2 premierships, we've won 6 and hawthorn have won 13.

Just like his music, you're a joke.
You can choose history all you like, but since the league actually started in 1897 which I reckon is more relevant than the birth of Weird Al, Collingwood have 15 premierships, Hawthorn 13 and Richmond 11.

how are injuries an excuse for GWS and Sydney?

We had injuries last year, and when we mentioned them, we were told to shut up and don't use it as an excuse... Thing is, if anything we had MORE excuse as we had/have much less depth than both those teams.

Why do they get to use the injury excuse?

We had injuries, it was one of the reasons we used 38 players this year whereas e.g. the Crows used 31. Only the bottom three teams tried as many players (Brisbane 38, Gold Coast 42, Carlton 39).

You can choose history all you like, but since the league actually started in 1897 which I reckon is more relevant than the birth of Weird Al, Collingwood have 15 premierships, Hawthorn 13 and Richmond 11.
Set you off didn't I?

You're not successful. You won 10 premierships before WW2. Across all levels Richmond, Port Adelaide, Melbourne, Carlton and Essendon have won more premierships and are more successful.

You are basically just the biggest chokers in the history of the sport. You should be the most successful but you're not because you choked so much.

Set you off didn't I?

You're not successful. You won 10 premierships before WW2. Across all levels Richmond, Port Adelaide, Melbourne, Carlton and Essendon have won more premierships and are more successful.

You are basically just the biggest chokers in the history of the sport. You should be the most successful but you're not because you choked so much.
Despite all the chokes, we're still more successful than you!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your way of measuring success is going back to 1917 and 1919 and counting those premierships when everyone sent their best talent to war during that time.

Joke. Delusional and ill-informed.
Maybe those premierships should come with little asterisks saying "oh these don't count because they were won before Richmond were relevant"

Or maybe not.

Weak season
Good draw
41 fit players available in late September.
The umpires took a shine to their new playing style.
Martin had the season of his career
Swans & GWS were hampered by injury.
Amazing MRP result

A perfect storm occurred. It happens.
Saltyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,

Yep thats how its works, finish low and you get a better draw. Funny thing is we lost 1 game against 2 of our bottom 8 double ups. So we didnt even take advantage of the easier draw. We also played 3 away games and only 1 home game against the rest of the top 4. Not so easy. And we still won the equal most games.
Yes you are right, Richmonds coaches and staff did a brilliant job of keeping the players fit and freee of soft tissue injuries. Well done team/
We were last in the league for free kick differential. And by a large margin. Maybe actually look up stats before you type?
26 year old has best season of his career? Shock. Horror. So unexpected.
We didnt play the Swans in finals, so dont know how that effected us. GWS even with their injuries had more talent on the field. Not our fault they couldnt play well even with that talent.
Yeh so amazing.

Its amazing how easy it is to win a flag. All you need is no injuries, a good draw and some a few MRP incidents getting 0 weeks instead of a possible 1!
Suddenly you are good enough to beat the best teams and win finals by 7 goals!

Our team was old, yet we still couldn't make finals.
Our list had no talent, literally our only trade currency was our 4-5 good young players.
We hadn't made finals in 9 years.
We were in debt.
Our facilities were garbage.
Our drafting was pathetic.

We are in a way better position, if you can't see that you don't have a clue. People are already writing this list off, but it's really not that far off. 2ish more elite players, a few of our 10iah young kids becoming solid b players and the rest being depth and we are back in a good position

Well, that turned out to be pretty spot on! :thumbsu:

Saltyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,

Everytime I see someone utilise this teenager term I think, idiot.

Its amazing how easy it is to win a flag. All you need is no injuries, a good draw and some a few MRP incidents getting 0 weeks instead of a possible 1!

This was pretty much the case in 2017. However, you left out your opponents having injuries to crucial players as well.

Everytime I see someone utilise this teenager term I think, idiot.

This was pretty much the case in 2017. However, you left out your opponents having injuries to crucial players as well.

Ok

If we lost Cotchin and say Jack Riewoldt for the finals, and lost, would you say we lost because of injuries to crucial players? Answer honestly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back