Richmond in 2018: Another Bulldogs or here to stay?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong would have beaten the Dogs at any point in the 2016 finals. Smith kicks the goal, the Dogs are out in week 2.

Not to mention you finished 7th then happened to win 4 games in a row.

Swings and roundabouts. Your club doesn’t drug it’s players and history wouldn’t show you as 2016 wooden spooners

Geelong would have beaten the Dogs at any point in the 2016 finals. Smith kicks the goal, the Dogs are out in week 2.

Would have, could have, should have..

But didnt :)

Would have, could have... lol, are you serious? Dogs were awesome in the finals and worthy winners, Cats on the other hand are still sore losers.

The Dogs never beat Geelong

Also never win in Perth ...
Never beat Hawthorn ....
Never win Prelims ....

The Dogs were on about 6, 7 or 8 game losing streaks in all of the above

Geelong wouldn't have been an issue :)

Dogs will likely come back. they had some poor personnel issues, that have been resolved. Only major issue fr me is that both KPFs are problems with mental issues (maybe). If the Dogs can get onto the field and work hard then they should be there or thereabouts.

Tigers just have to carry on the end of H&A form (and finals of course) into 2018. then should be top 4 and away we go again.

Another interesting season, as I cannot say who will be top 4. Probably Sydney and GWS most likely to be top 4. But even there I'm not certain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look it up

Richmond finished 13th. But you probably would have seen that if your head wasn’t up your arse.

So not all that inconceivable a team that won a flag two years ago might do ok in 2018 with a similar list after finishing 10th this year.

You need to get over your mental scars regarding the Dogs

I'd be confident Dogs will be barking again next year. Have a lot to prove and hopefully the "culture" issues are in the past. Losing to Dogs in 2017 really annoyed me as I thought we had their number before the choke. Now that we know how good we are the 2018 clash will be good fun, between the last 2 premiership sides.

Sorry I am confused hearing constant references to your young players, Rance, Grigg, Hampson, Edwards, Houli, and Riewoldt are all 29 yo. Dusty and Cotchin are 26 and 27 yo. I mean Boyd was 21, Bont 20, Cordy 20, Daniels 20, Dunkley 19, that was key members of our our premiership team.
Yeah I agree, our core is older than Bulldogs' core in 2016. This is why I think Richmond won't slip down the ladder in 2018 like Bulldogs did this year.

Bulldogs remind me more of the Bombers 1993 compared to 1999-2001, or Hawthorn 2008 compared to 2012-2015. Won a Premiership while young, slipped the following year, but may have a strong side sometime down the track when their core Premiership players get older like those two teams had.

Richmond on the other hand has an older core, which is why I think all their success would probably be closer to the 2017 year (perhaps the 2018-2021 period) and not much immediately after that compared to Bulldogs (unless they nail a lot of their draft selections in the 2017-2021 period). Bulldogs may be something like 2016, and then maybe from 2019-2023.

there seems to be a theme in here with bombers and cats fans (with a sprinkle of dogs fans) all saying we will implode and be s**t next year, hmmm how different

there seems to be a theme in here with bombers and cats fans (with a sprinkle of dogs fans) all saying we will implode and be s**t next year, hmmm how different
All Dogs that I know, and there are many, all celebrated your win and have an open mind about 2018. Its an even comp. Bit of luck here or there, good even performances, good coaching, star players playing well and you are every chance of winning it.

Predictions of the premier missing the 8 were never heard of in 100 years until this year. Now every second person is doing it. Don't forget though, fashions are for dumb kunts :cool:

Expect the Tigers to finish top 4 again. Improvement to come from a couple key players in Rioli and Nankervis. Core older players in Cotchin, Riewoldt and Rance aren’t going anywhere. The only thing that sees them miss top 4 IMO is if Martin goes off the rails, but I can’t see that happening personally.

No injuries to this point, No Cloke added to the list, Think if the former holds up reasonably well the team should. Our best players I think are better than the dogs and we are slightly older so should not be as susceptible to the drop off of Dog/Hawks 09.

Richmond finished 13th. But you probably would have seen that if your head wasn’t up your arse.

So not all that inconceivable a team that won a flag two years ago might do ok in 2018 with a similar list after finishing 10th this year.

You need to get over your mental scars regarding the Dogs
This is true.
Competition is so even, there's probably 13 sides that could make the eight next year. Just takes a side to be 5% off to drop out of finals and another to take their place.

A lot of criticism of us in previous years has been that we were mentally fragile and lacked self belief....winning a Premiership will go a long way to fixing that. Expect us to get better. Don't much about the internal workings of the Doggies, but it seemed the team dynamic from 2016 had gone this year, neatly embodied in the Stringer saga. Doubt the Tigers will have those issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back