Richmond just drop the ball close to their bodies when tackled

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL you guys are so deluded. 8 goal better side you say, you won by 3 points, dare I say it at the MCG. LMFAO. Looks to me that Richmond got a scare last night and the premiership isnt just going to be a walk in the park, their supporters are grabbing at anything to say otherwise. The look on Hardwicks face in the last quarter was priceless.

We beat you at our home, and you cried about the ground. We nearly beat you at the mcg and you cry about the umpires. There is a common theme going on here.
wow you lost in what was a crucial game for you but not for us, your arrogance is laughable.

Wow, Tiger supporters are seriously going to whinge about the umpiring tonight. The same team that was given a goal last week which was clearly a throw. The same team who's captain grabbed Kelly as he was standing off his mark to take his kick with no 50m penalty awarded. The same team who's ruckman drove Menegola in the back when he didn't even have the ball and no free kick paid. The same team who constantly get tackled yet when they just drop the ball the umpire yells 'He tried'. Give me a spell. There are a few people out there who need to re-watch the game with both eyes.
I think it says a lot about Geelong supporters that they're the ones that have created a thread like this after last nights game, yet Richmond supporters haven't made one about Short getting slung (regardless of where you stand on that decision).

Sooking is in your team and supporters nature. I'm not really surprised these days and it's great that we're finally better than you on and off the field. Never change.

Noticed this again last night. They get tackled and hold onto it until numbers arrive then just drop it out. Umpires get on the band wagon of certain teams and Richmond are getting a dream run.
free kick differential ladder, wow what a dream run:rolleyes:
18.Richmond -72 (282, 354)
3rd least frees for and the most frees against, hate to think what you would consider a s**t run?

Well, I own a decent chunk of it, so why not. Sorry, but all of my rental shanty houses are full at the moment. I will keep u in mind when one becomes vacant.
Big Shot!
Nothing like the internet to tell people how wealthy you are!
I'm going to give you e-props - you've so impressed me with your vast property portfolio

I do think if they called dropping the ball more there would be less congestion, the more they let it play the more players get there.
Dunno if its a Richmond thing only, we had 92 tackles for 3 HTB.
Im sure cats numbers wouldve been up there as well.
I didnt think the umpiring favored one side more than the other but they were crap.

BINGO!

All these AFL fat cats looking at rule changes, zones, reducing rotations etc if you want to end congestion overnight just become harder on incorrect disposal, pay the frees.

You wouldnt need to change a single other rule. Forget about prior opportunity, give a player three seconds to dispose the ball legally if tackled. If they cant then reward the tackle as its a good one.

If the ball is legitimately knocked free in a tackle play on.

The game would open up big time.

Coaches would put forwards in the forward line to take advantage and defenders would need to go with them.

Just trial that and see the difference.

Everthing else stays the same.

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that. You can bet your bottom dollar Hawkins wouldn't have got away with that though, as Rance would've thrown himself forward like he was shot out of a cannon to make sure the umpire saw it.
how are you a mod

Whaaaaa, I’m a tigers supporter, whaaa whaaa, we nearly lost at the mcg, whaaa, now we don’t seem unbeatable at home, whaa whaaaa, it must be the umpires fault, whaaa whaaa whaaa.

I think that’s how it goes.

You nearly beat us but didnt, so have proven nothing, as we are still unbeaten at home, this in a game that was a lot more important to the Cats than us, no matter how much your arrogant coach pretends that is not the case.

The thread was started by a cats flog whinging that ten extra frees were not enough to get you across the line, you have embarrassed yourself completely.

I think thats how it goes.

How they missed the dangerous tackle on Shorty is beyond me, then he gets pinged. Disgraceful that none of them saw it.
mate. they saw it. they just chose not to pay it. which is worse! ..how any other clubs can have a whinge about umpiring when blind Freddy knows we have the worst free kick diff in the comp is beyond me...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noticed numerous times last night Richmond players ducking to avoid tackles too. Difference was Geelong players were smart enough not to tackle them around the neck. It's not rocket science.

Bit hilarious to say Hawkins was diving when Rance was doing it all night. For someone 194cm and 95kg, it does seem mighty easy to knock him off-balance.
Rance took Hawkins to the cleaners, the free Rance got was a clear push in the back, for a mod you do talk a lot of rubbish, you should moderate your thinking a little before wasting everyones time with your ridiculous posts, try and actually watch the game it might help.

I think it says a lot about Geelong supporters that they're the ones that have created a thread like this after last nights game, yet Richmond supporters haven't made one about Short getting slung (regardless of where you stand on that decision).

Sooking is in your team and supporters nature. I'm not really surprised these days and it's great that we're finally better than you on and off the field. Never change.
Maybe we should discuss the deliberate behind and where the free kick should be taken from according to the laws of the game.

Tigers do get a little bit of leeway re holding the ball and incorrect disposal- Geelong and Hawks were given similar leeway when they were the best in the comp. It seems to be an unofficial and unconscious nod to the top team. Can’t complain as it seems a consistent pattern.

Tigers do get a little bit of leeway re holding the ball and incorrect disposal- Geelong and Hawks were given similar leeway when they were the best in the comp. It seems to be an unofficial and unconscious nod to the top team. Can’t complain as it seems a consistent pattern.
Do they Parfitt gets fined for sling tackle after a high tackle yet holding the ball is paid to the cats explain than knob jockey

Cannot believe Nankervis was not cited, probably just as dangerous as the Parfitt one.

Grabbed a player without the ball and drove him into the ground.

And Cotchin dropping his knee on Ablett, not cited.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back