Richmond just drop the ball close to their bodies when tackled

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the game tonight. It seems Richmond have tactic to not try to handball when tackled. The just drop the ball close to their body.

I’m assuming they’re not penalised as the umpires deem the ball to have been released due to the tackle. The umpires just call play on.

It’s a better outcome for Richmond than trying to handball and getting called for holding the ball.

It could be sour grapes but something I notice early in the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed as that as well. It is very interesting.

Did they invent this tactic or did the dogs?

Also quite a few of their taps look like throws; suspect if they started checking that the umps would look stupid for all the year and half they’ve been not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Teams have been cheating like this for years - Dogs did it in their premiership year. The AFL let it happen to ‘keep the game moving.’

If dickhead Gil wants to ‘fix the game’ paying holding the ball and throws would be the biggest improvement.

We would love getting some htbs one day.

Whaaaaa, I’m a tigers supporter, whaaa whaaa, we nearly lost at the mcg, whaaa, now we don’t seem unbeatable at home, whaa whaaaa, it must be the umpires fault, whaaa whaaa whaaa.

I think that’s how it goes.

The opposite ,Richmond win and the whole World goes into meltdown about the umpiring.

I saw Grigg get his head kicked in last night,no free kick.

Yet another moral win to us,swallowed whistles and a free kick count heavily weighted in favour of the Cats.

Is state of the game because Richmond are a great football team?

So who died and made you the king of Big Footy?o_O

Richmond supporters have become unbearable in the last 10 months.:thumbsdown:

Come along way from spitting at their own players post game to now being experts on all things football.

Odear.

#

Watched the game tonight. It seems Richmond have tactic to not try to handball when tackled. The just drop the ball close to their body.

I’m assuming they’re not penalised as the umpires deem the ball to have been released due to the tackle. The umpires just call play on.

It’s a better outcome for Richmond than trying to handball and getting called for holding the ball.

It could be sour grapes but something I notice early in the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cats tactic from the long era

north are better than geelong you wont even make the 8 cant win away from your dirty litter box. havent been relevant for 10 years. do you look as stupid in real life as your DP. I guess your from corio
LMAO, a North supporter talking about being relevant......... now I have seen it all. My profile pick is of Chester Bennington, the lead singer of Linkin Park if you must know, he passed away last year. I have no idea why you presume im from Corio, but your presumption is way off. Now enough about me and back to football.

You nearly beat us but didnt, so have proven nothing, as we are still unbeaten at home, this in a game that was a lot more important to the Cats than us, no matter how much your arrogant coach pretends that is not the case.

The thread was started by a cats flog whinging that ten extra frees were not enough to get you across the line, you have embarrassed yourself completely.

I think thats how it goes.
What does the importance of the game have to do with anything, are you insinuating that Richmond wouldn't care if they had of lost to Geelong?

The OP states nothing about the free kick count or Geelong having 10 'extra frees' as you so put it.

I don't think that I should be the one who is embarrassed.

The opposite ,Richmond win and the whole World goes into meltdown about the umpiring.

I saw Grigg get his head kicked in last night,no free kick.

Yet another moral win to us,swallowed whistles and a free kick count heavily weighted in favour of the Cats.

Is state of the game because Richmond are a great football team?

d2de4bc1d841cc83bc974c3a1f651308.jpg

Can anyone spot the ball?
Did MRP have a look at this?
Did C7 say anything?

Mmmm.....the very perplexing matter that Captain kitchin keeps getting away with murder and yet tuggers are hard done by. Mmmm.....

Last edited:
What does the importance of the game have to do with anything, are you insinuating that Richmond wouldn't care if they had of lost to Geelong?

The OP states nothing about the free kick count or Geelong having 10 'extra frees' as you so put it.

I don't think that I should be the one who is embarrassed.
Did some research for you, mate, and found that crying actually helps to make you more authentic. Here are some facts about crying:

1. There are 3 types of tears. Basal tears continually lubricate your eyes. Reflex tears are responses to excessive light, cold, wind, irritations. Psychotic tears are emotional tears (this one's for you and Geelong supporters).

2. Humans are the only animals that shed tears for emotional reasons, although interestingly scientists have witnessed elephants shed tears in grief

3. Women cry more, on average 2-5 times per month

4. Babies cry on average 2 ours daily during their first two years

And here's a song I found which may help to ease the pain ...

I think it's really cool that a thread designed specifically to whinge and belittle one club/team has lasted for four pages, whereas individual posts by Richmond supporters defending our club get deleted by over-zealous mods, as this one probably will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did some research for you, mate, and found that crying actually helps to make you more authentic. Here are some facts about crying:

1. There are 3 types of tears. Basal tears continually lubricate your eyes. Reflex tears are responses to excessive light, cold, wind, irritations. Psychotic tears are emotional tears (this one's for you and Geelong supporters).

2. Humans are the only animals that shed tears for emotional reasons, although interestingly scientists have witnessed elephants shed tears in grief

I think it's really cool that a thread designed specifically to whinge and belittle one club/team has lasted for four pages, whereas individual posts by Richmond supporters defending our club get deleted by over-zealous mods, as this one probably will.

Except its not.

Its analysis. And its interesting.

The reality that it has identified is that tuggerland didn’t invent this tactic - that honour goes to the Dogs - tuggers copied and developed it.

The next questions arise;
1. Should every team copy it-note if they do the AFL will act.
2. What mitigation tactics to upset the flow? Do you use these GF day?

What about giving us some vision of whatever the F it is you lot are bleating about

Except its not.

Its analysis. And its interesting.

The reality that it has identified is that tuggerland didn’t invent this tactic - that honour goes to the Dogs - tuggers copied and developed it.

The next questions arise;
1. Should every team copy it-note if they do the AFL will act.
2. What mitigation tactics to upset the flow? Do you use these GF day?

The reality is Geelong incorrectly disposed of the ball while being tackled throughout the game, as do all teams, open your other eye and you might find the reality you are looking for.

What a terrible attempt at trying to be funny. Please focus your energy elsewhere from now on, it will save us all the discomfort of having to read your cringeworthy posts.
You mention about posts being deleted, maybe you should make them relevant.

d2de4bc1d841cc83bc974c3a1f651308.jpg

Can anyone spot the ball?
Did MRP have a look at this?
Did C7 say anything?

Mmmm.....the very perplexing matter that Captain kitchin keeps getting away with murder and yet tuggers are hard done by. Mmmm.....

Turn it up. Your captain threatened to kill a bloke (allegedly).

i2jIklD.jpg

The reality is Geelong incorrectly disposed of the ball while being tackled throughout the game, as do all teams, open your other eye and you might find the reality you are looking for.

That’s rich.

What a terrible attempt at trying to be funny. Please focus your energy elsewhere from now on, it will save us all the discomfort of having to read your cringeworthy posts.
Back to the point of the thread, any evidence of Richmond's alleged cheating?

oh, and don't take yourself so seriously dude

Remove this Banner Ad

Back