Richmond just drop the ball close to their bodies when tackled

Remove this Banner Ad

:$
Half time Geelong 13 frees to Richmond 5 fulltime Geelong 25 to Richmond 15
Tackles Richmond 92 Geelong 73

92 tackles and about 8 frees for incorrect disposal.

You must be dreaming lad, try watching the game again.

The count means nothing. If the frees are there except we should have received many more.

Interesting to note I wasn’t exactly going down this topics path. The comment for edification was regarding the consistent crying out for frees from those tuggers at the game- understand you probably weren’t there.

Just out of interest does anybody know how this got off at least a week given zero interest in the ball? I know it was last year but Trent does have a terrible habit of ignoring the ball and playing the man. I suspect at some point the AFL will say enough is enough. Better hope that time isn’t this year.

b03c5e68c0bdc391e61603c0686e3d5e.jpg

a8d359eec659e131bc20d7d5d008785b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The count means nothing. If the frees are there except we should have received many more.

Interesting to note I wasn’t exactly going down this topics path. The comment for edification was regarding the consistent crying out for frees from those tuggers at the game- understand you probably weren’t there.

Just out of interest does anybody know how this got off at least a week given zero interest in the ball? I know it was last year but Trent does have a terrible habit of ignoring the ball and playing the man. I suspect at some point the AFL will say enough is enough. Better hope that time isn’t this year.

You obviuisly only watch your own team, umpires missed so many of your illegal throws, head high tackles etc it was a joke, We were undoubtedly the hard done by team only a fool would think differently, it was outrageous how often a free was paid at just the right tome to keep the Cats in the game, watch the game again with both eyes open this time.

It’s not just Cotchin, it’s Dusty aswell. Gets away with a hit and wins the Brownlow. In the last quarter he clearly held our player but sprayed the snap well wide, got away with clear hands in the back but again didn’t convert.
The howler we got we ended up with a goal.
That’s why they get so upset. Anyway it was a horribly umpired game, I couldn’t work out some of our frees and was even more frustrated when they missed ours or gave that ridiculous deliberate against us.
The tiger fans whinge like I’ve never seen in my life. They want the world like away games at their home, it’s absurd the way they carried on about their away game last year.
At the same time they end up with a Brownlow and a premiership captain called Cotchin they never deserved.
No team is more protected.

It’s not just Cotchin, it’s Dusty aswell. Gets away with a hit and wins the Brownlow. In the last quarter he clearly held our player but sprayed the snap well wide, got away with clear hands in the back but again didn’t convert.
The howler we got we ended up with a goal.
That’s why they get so upset. Anyway it was a horribly umpired game, I couldn’t work out some of our frees and was even more frustrated when they missed ours or gave that ridiculous deliberate against us.
The tiger fans whinge like I’ve never seen in my life. They want the world like away games at their home, it’s absurd the way they carried on about their away game last year.
At the same time they end up with a Brownlow and a premiership captain called Cotchin they never deserved.
No team is more protected.
You say "Tiger fans whinge like you've never seen in your life", I assume you dont read you own posts?

Your whole post is a huge whinge:rolleyes:

richmond are the dirtiest team in the comp!!!!!

-always chopping the arms and applying dirty tactics to stop opposition players from marking the ball. (teams struggle to take easy marks against richmond because of these tactics)

-moving the ball forward at all costs. they play auskick style footy its embarrassing.

-never taking possession of the ball in tight contests instead always paddling it and dropping it so they dont get caught holding the ball

-richmond players tackle you when do dont have the footy but are about to take possession

And the results of the AFL fan survey are in:

1. Teams are paddling the ball forward and freeing it from congestion, running and moving through space too much - it’s Auskick style football, it’s dirty and they suck.

2. The state of the game is a mess due to congestion. We need to do more to create free flowing play and get the ball moving. (As long as Richmond aren’t doing it)

You say "Tiger fans whinge like you've never seen in your life", I assume you dont read you own posts?

Your whole post is a huge whinge:rolleyes:

Its analysis actually. We are ALL trying to understand why It happens. So you have offered zero retort of any note based on fact so right back at you. You are a whinge that others might have a point.

Friday was one long whinge from Richmond supporters. Worst in the league and acknowledged by my Tiger mates as such. Nothing here or anywhere else can touch that.

As they say we have to follow the money to find out.

It would be good if the thread title was changed and a proper discussion had.

Was the ball dropped deliberately, or was it knocked out in the tackle? It's a question that umpires have to answer a hundred or so times a game, and buggered if they, or anyone else, really can tell most of the time. And yet the outcome is different depending on how one umpire interprets it at the time.

I'm not even sure why this is a thing. If you didn't handball or kick it and had prior opportunity, then it's incorrect disposal, surely?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ironic that this thread was started by a cats supporter. Geelong over the last 5 years are the masters of this tactic. They take the tackle, go to ground then just let the ball go towards a blue and white sock. Commentators cream themselves over another clearance from congestion yet never focused on the tactic.
Some cats players are that good at it that they can hit the ground and the ball can slingshot 5 metres to a blue and white sock.

Its analysis actually. We are ALL trying to understand why It happens. So you have offered zero retort of any note based on fact so right back at you. You are a whinge that others might have a point.

Friday was one long whinge from Richmond supporters. Worst in the league and acknowledged by my Tiger mates as such. Nothing here or anywhere else can touch that.

As they say we have to follow the money to find out.

Analysis my arse, it was whinging about umpiring in a game where your team got the better run from what was overall very poor umpiring, dropping and throwing the ball when tackled is a cats speciality, your team did it as much as ours on the night, only difference was Geelong kept getting paid frees for it while we didnt.

Your team lost, one would think you had won the way your supporters carried on, listened to that arrogant little man Chris Scott to often I imagine, poor losers the lot of you.

If only Gaff was playing for us on Friday... (too soon?)

Watched the game tonight. It seems Richmond have tactic to not try to handball when tackled. The just drop the ball close to their body.

I’m assuming they’re not penalised as the umpires deem the ball to have been released due to the tackle. The umpires just call play on.

It’s a better outcome for Richmond than trying to handball and getting called for holding the ball.

It could be sour grapes but something I notice early in the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and geelong players love their opponents.... why else would they go weak at the knees every time they are tackled?

couldn't be because they are intentionally trying to draw a free could it?

Yeah we definitely had our player faces pushed into it thats for sure.

And they got two goals from 50:50 frees. Mmmm......i reckon you’e got a clue, not.

00a0b151e0f97539b1ecfe3d7fb95cd5.jpg

66e11be293aca010866e1ea9178eaa36.jpg

Can I play Grigg getting his head kicked in to a swallowed whistle a thousand times too?

Way worse than mirrors Ablett.

Whaaaaa, I’m a tigers supporter, whaaa whaaa, we nearly lost at the mcg, whaaa, now we don’t seem unbeatable at home, whaa whaaaa, it must be the umpires fault, whaaa whaaa whaaa.

I think that’s how it goes.

They boo us at home game whaaaa! it's our home final whaaa! Richmond don't deserve a home final whaaaa! Final should be at Cat park whaaaa!
It's not fair whaaaa! Why is Geelong such a shithole whaaaa!

Just wondering if the OP would have eventuated if Geelong had got the win.

It seems like a case of sour salty grapes. Or more likely he's just having a major sook.

If it wasn't for our dismal finishing inside our F50 and free kicks not paid to us, Geelong would have been on their knees and out of it, without a sniff. But that's how the game goes sometimes.

Yeah we definitely had our player faces pushed into it thats for sure.

And they got two goals from 50:50 frees. Mmmm......i reckon you’e got a clue, not.

00a0b151e0f97539b1ecfe3d7fb95cd5.jpg

66e11be293aca010866e1ea9178eaa36.jpg

looks to be our player having his face pushed in the dirt by that old bald bloke, Cotchin stops him like a true Captain and fortunately that knee doesn't connect which is plain to see that it is an inch or two away, Ablett was trying to fake for a free as all Geelong players are coached to do.

Ablett really has become a dirty scragger since his skills have diminished.

Richmond should have at least two more shots at goal from blatant frees that were missed, even the commentators made mention of it, that would have equaled the four dodgy frees for goal that kept Geelong in the game, very lucky to get within 3points of us, very lucky.

Just wondering if the OP would have eventuated if Geelong had got the win.

It seems like a case of sour salty grapes. Or more likely he's just having a major sook.

If it wasn't for our dismal finishing inside our F50 and free kicks not paid to us, Geelong would have been on their knees and out of it, without a sniff. But that's how the game goes sometimes.
Yep the good teams know how to win these scraggy games, its what separates first from ninth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back