Analysis Richmond Master Plan

Remove this Banner Ad

TheCotchyBear

Senior List
Jan 9, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Season is finished.

What changes need to be made in order for this club to rebuild respect and make a bloody stamp on the competition next year?

For me: Hardwick, Jackson, Hartley and most of the assistants need to be moved on immediately.

Coaching/Recruiting Structure:

Hardwick out: Dew, John Blakey, Leigh Tudor, Ratten in...let them bring in their own assistants.
Jackson/Hartley out: Buckenara, Stephen Wells, Graham Wright in...make them offers they can't refuse.

Playing List:

Retirees: Maric, Chaplin
Delist: Conca, Moore, Astbury, Hampson.
Free Agent: Vickery (compensation pick 20-40)
Re-Contract: Griffiths, Lloyd, Grigg, C.Ellis.

Trade Period:

Deledio: Been a fantastic servant, but could net a pick inside top 20. Ala Goddard and St. Kilda who they ontraded for Hickey and Membrey.

S.Edwards: Has to be traded. Could net a pick inside top 20-30. Is 28 years and isn't getting any better.

Give up top ten pick for Prestia.

Get Hurley through FA.

Zac Clarke as unrestricted FA to replace Maric.

Compensation pick for Vickery as well as draft picks inside top 40.

Hurley, Prestia, Clarke, Yarran and top 40 picks.

As well as a new coach with an ATTACKING gameplan that suits the attributes of the team.

2017 Side:

B: Grimes Hurley Short

HB: Vlastuin Rance Houli

C: Ellis Cotchin McIntosh

HF: Rioli Griffiths Drummond

F: Lloyd Riewoldt Martin

R: Clarke Prestia Miles

B: Castagna, Markov, Menadue, top 40 pick/s.

Last edited:

Only thing I disagree with is delisting Conca/Hampson/Astbury

- Conca is tradeable, not near poor enough to be delisted.
- Hampson is improving, and is good enough in the ruck ot not be delisted, however I would get rid of him for someone better any day.
- Astbury isn't all that bad, and really is the only key defender option we have in defense

Some good ideas.

Things I disagree with or just won't happen.

Hardwick got an extension. . Is going nowhere.
Conca and Astbury as much as I dont rate, do have SOME value so won't be delisted.
Hurley is not FA.
Zac Clarke is shite.

Only thing I disagree with is delisting Conca/Hampson/Astbury

- Conca is tradeable, not near poor enough to be delisted.
- Hampson is improving, and is good enough in the ruck ot not be delisted, however I would get rid of him for someone better any day.
- Astbury isn't all that bad, and really is the only key defender option we have in defense

Conca is out of contract. If he doesn't get a new contract he goes into the PSD. We get nothing out of that.

Hampson may be improving but he is not the answer. Get a second tier ruck from another club or one through the WAFL, VFL, SANFL.

Astbury is too slow to play down back. Either Hardwick or the new coach plays him as a third forward or doesn't play him at all.

Fair enough, that's your opinion.

I disagree. Why would they have to delete the thread based on one opinion?
You delisted Hampson and retired Maric and replaced these 2 with Zac Clarke and nobody else. LMAO!! You're taking the piss aren't you? Either that or you're on the piss.

You delisted Hampson and retired Maric and replaced these 2 with Zac Clarke and nobody else. LMAO!! You're taking the piss aren't you? Either that or you're on the piss.

Ease up hero.

I'm talking about another ruck man out of contract in the system so we don't have to give up any picks.

Otherwise raid other clubs for second tier ruckman who are not getting a game. There's not much around ATM.

Daw, Hannath, Nankervis, Phillips are options. They aren't quality though.

Maybe getting one through the draft but they will take 2-4 years to develop.

I think a fit Zac Clarke could be an option if Hampson stays and Maric finishes up. Just my opinion.

No need to be rude and suggest I'm on the 'piss'.

Ease up hero.

I'm talking about another ruck man out of contract in the system so we don't have to give up any picks.

Otherwise raid other clubs for second tier ruckman who are not getting a game. There's not much around ATM.

Daw, Hannath, Nankervis, Phillips are options. They aren't quality though.

Maybe getting one through the draft but they will take 2-4 years to develop.

I think a fit Zac Clarke could be an option if Hampson stays and Maric finishes up. Just my opinion.

No need to be rude and suggest I'm on the 'piss'.
Your master plan is a disaster and what's even more pathetic is it looks like you put alot of thought into it. A joke. Just my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You post a thread seeking opinions on a social media site and crack the sads when I don't like it. LMAO!

I have no problem with people arguing in a robust manner.

Not some flog that says your on the piss for suggesting an opinion.

Get a clue.

Season is finished.

What changes need to be made in order for this club to rebuild respect and make a bloody stamp on the competition next year?

For me: Hardwick, Jackson, Hartley and most of the assistants need to be moved on immediately.

Coaching/Recruiting Structure:

Hardwick out: Dew, John Blakey, Leigh Tudor, Ratten in...let them bring in their own assistants.
Jackson/Hartley out: Buckenara, Stephen Wells, Graham Wright in...make them offers they can't refuse.

Playing List:

Retirees: Maric, Chaplin
Delist: Conca, Moore, Astbury, Hampson.
Free Agent: Vickery (compensation pick 20-40)
Re-Contract: Griffiths, Lloyd, Grigg, C.Ellis.

Trade Period:

Deledio: Been a fantastic servant, but could net a pick inside top 20. Ala Goddard and St. Kilda who they ontraded for Hickey and Membrey.

S.Edwards: Has to be traded. Could net a pick inside top 20-30. Is 28 years and isn't getting any better.

Give up top ten pick for Prestia.

Get Hurley through FA.

Zac Clarke as unrestricted FA to replace Maric.

Compensation pick for Vickery as well as draft picks inside top 40.

Hurley, Prestia, Clarke, Yarran and top 40 picks.

As well as a new coach with an ATTACKING gameplan that suits the attributes of the team.

2017 Side:

B: Grimes Hurley Short

HB: Vlastuin Rance Houli

C: Ellis Cotchin McIntosh

HF: Rioli Griffiths Drummond

F: Lloyd Riewoldt Martin

R: Clarke Prestia Miles

B: Castagna, Markov, Menadue, top 40 pick/s.
Great work CB as much as I like your grand plan I can see about 30% of that happening. We have been poor at moving players on , trading , drafting and FA. I'm not sure our FD will have as many changes done to it bc of our dormant Admin.

Its your plan. And in your plan we delist an AFL grade defender for no reason or gain, that could've been used as back up at worst

Just my opinion mate.

I don't rate Astbury at all and in order to have a successful premiership you need good depth. Not depth that isn't going to stand up when needed.

Just my opinion. :thumbsu: You could be right as well.

Just my opinion mate.

I don't rate Astbury at all and in order to have a successful premiership you need good depth. Not depth that isn't going to stand up when needed.

Just my opinion. :thumbsu: You could be right as well.
Dont know why. The last time he got a run at it injury free he was leading our B&F until he got injured again.
His back to back to back great games against Port/Dogs/Dons showed that form again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back