Richmond may not get first pick in the draft!

Remove this Banner Ad

No mate ur backline cant just run with joel b and so you need a key position backman coz u dont have one. all of the other players are small and just run it out off the HB, u need a quality player with JB

polak's doing well and thursfield is close to playing again. Backline isnt our biggest worry. We're being smashed in the middle of the ground.

You know your club is rubbish when it's only round 7 and you are already whinging about missing out on the #1 pick. :eek:
I think you'll find it's been the media who have approached Richmond officials about this bullshit and every Richmond official approached has said "they are the rules".

I can't see any whinging taking place.

Let me say they will be missing out on the potential number 1 and 2 picks from SA likely to be Ryan Kennedy and Jono Trenordan

I would have thought, given the AFL is big on tradition, that Richmond should be awarded enough points to place them 9th on the ladder and the end of the Round 22.

I think you'll find it's been the media who have approached Richmond officials about this bullshit and every Richmond official approached has said "they are the rules".

I can't see any whinging taking place.

Greg Miller said: "I'm not going to comment on fair any more. It's an anomaly, that's all i'll say."

I think we all agree that the tigers fully deserve the number 1 pick this year...:)
But seriously... Best way to cure this anomaly is that priority picks are doubled up with your 2007 ladder order pick.

Eg. If the ladder is:
12th North 8 wins
13th Essendon 4 wins
14th Melbourne 3 wins
15th Carlton 2 wins
16th Richmond 0 wins

Then Picks are:
1 Richmond
2 Carlton
3 Carlton
4 Melbourne
5 Essendon
6 Essendon
7 North

I don't actually think either the Blues or the Bombers will get a priority. Considering they both have a game against the tigers to come... :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back