Richmond Membership Tally 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know how we’re tracking v same time last year?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We used to get graphs.

Now... nothing.
OIG.HrSFTXXsS42t_DVN8uBz

Look, Im really not normally this kind of guy but the club just sent me a Christmas email titled "happy holiday Season". I am really really really getting tired of idealogical nudges and posturing from a football club; and this isnt the biggest of them at all, but its kinda the straw thats breaking the camel's back. Why the * couldnt they use the word Christmas? who is it hurting? who is it 'excluding'? Why do it? Its not an innocent choice of words, its an intentional choice.

...and the point it is, the drip drip of my support of the club being constantly appropriated to advance endless political opinions is now genuinely damaging my relationship with/love of the club. I didnt sign up for this. I dont know if anyone else feels the same, but I suspect many do. its seems incredible to me that they could sufficiently poison my unquestioning love of club, but I can no longer just blindly sign up on these terms. I want to barrack for a football club, not a cultural movement.. and I think Ive just reached the tipping point where they are placing too many idealogical barriers in the way of my emotional connection to the club and are seriously considering cancelling my family memberships. They've poisoned the passion.
Careful you will get banned for hate speech

Look, Im really not normally this kind of guy but the club just sent me a Christmas email titled "happy holiday Season". I am really really really getting tired of idealogical nudges and posturing from a football club; and this isnt the biggest of them at all, but its kinda the straw thats breaking the camel's back. Why the * couldnt they use the word Christmas? who is it hurting? who is it 'excluding'? Why do it? Its not an innocent choice of words, its an intentional choice.

...and the point it is, the drip drip of my support of the club being constantly appropriated to advance endless political opinions is now genuinely damaging my relationship with/love of the club. I didnt sign up for this. I dont know if anyone else feels the same, but I suspect many do. its seems incredible to me that they could sufficiently poison my unquestioning love of club, but I can no longer just blindly sign up on these terms. I want to barrack for a football club, not a cultural movement.. and I think Ive just reached the tipping point where they are placing too many idealogical barriers in the way of my emotional connection to the club and are seriously considering cancelling my family memberships. They've poisoned the passion.
I'm a 45 year member next year and will continue to be as long as my ar$e points to the ground; but I hear you loud and clear brother.

I only attended 3 games in season 2023, and I'll be surprised if I get to more in 2024. This is coming from someone who was there week in week out, rain, hail or shine during our most pathetic years!!

The AFL no longer administers the game of Australian Rules Football at the highest level, it has promoted itself to a vehicle for social engineering. This is sickening!! Too bad if your views are to the contrary.

I'm so glad I lived through and saw premierships during those raw passion years of the late '60s and early '70s. The recent triple treat was special. But I can honestly say my passion was nowhere near the levels of the earlier years. I mean, Collingwood won the 2023 flag and ICGAF!! I really didn't mind them winning it. Circa the 70s, 80s, 90s and I'd be admitting myself to the asylum.

I love the RFC, but I hate the AFL with a passion.

Who the * cares??

I hear what you are saying and truly hope you don't cancel. I get it that everyone has their own feelings and thoughts on these things but geez it ain't gonna stop me from buying memberships and taking my family to games cause the club gets a bit political.
The AFL is even worse in this regard but footy is my outlet, and I love attending live games, we go every week.

Anyways don't let it get to you. Tune out on these things and just concentrate on the team as a whole, the coach, the players, and bigfooty ;)

Last edited:

giphy-629624974.gif

Merry Christmas Astro

And im a muslim terrorist apparently

Remove this Banner Ad

Back