List Mgmt. Richmond Player Contract Statuses - Updated 15/9/2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I hear the club is working on a new contract for Castagna

Anyone got any more info?

Both Cal Moore and Tyson Stengle should also come on the senior list
incase we don't free up enough spots upgrading Stengle isn't a must as yet, could leave him as a rookie & dangle the rd 1 upgrade carrot in front of him.

Richmond has informed Steven Morris, Todd Elton and Taylor Hunt they will not be offered contracts beyond 2017.

“We are delighted Steve will return for the VFL Tigers in 2018 and also thank him for his service as an AFL player.

Veteran Tiger Ivan Maric called time on his career earlier this season, but will remain at the Club in a player development position and as ruck coach.

In other list news, Richmond rookies Jason Castagna and Ivan Soldo have been elevated to the Club’s primary list.

Mabior Chol, Callum Moore and Tyson Stengle have been retained on the rookie list.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-10-09/richmond-list-changes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why we are keeping chol. Will never make it

I don't know why people make these all or nothing statements.

You think he won't make it, it isn't a fact.

I think he has shown bugger all, but we should still keep him around and give him a chance for now imo

I don't know why people make these all or nothing statements.

You think he won't make it, it isn't a fact.

I think he has shown bugger all, but we should still keep him around and give him a chance for now imo
I just can’t see it considering he gets single digit possessions in the vfl most weeks

I just can’t see it considering he gets single digit possessions in the vfl most weeks
Its is a reflection of where our key position stocks are at, at the moment.
I really can't see him or Soldo making it, but as late comers to the game, the club must see a fair amount of improvement left in them.

#30 in the Rookie draft just 2 years ago

Grown up in a non afl environment 198cm and 89kgs when arrived at the club

Think we could hold off with the negatives for another 2-3 years before making a judgment

if we can keep Lennon for 4 years + and Elton for 6 years think this kid deserves a fair chance to get to speed

Rookie's are high reward if they come on and you dont take these kids to turf them in 2 years

So Maric, Yarran, Elton, Morris, Hunt, Lennon and Batchelor have all been delisted, making seven spots.

Richmond currently have picks 17, 20, 25, 53, 55, 74, 92, 110, that's eight spots not including the rookie list. Does Richmond need to delist anymore players? Townsend, Miles, Moore, Chol, Castagna, Stengle and Soldo remain uncontracted yet none of them seem likely to be delisted. I'm imagining five from the national draft and two from the rookie draft, yes?

So Maric, Yarran, Elton, Morris, Hunt, Lennon and Batchelor have all been delisted, making seven spots.

Richmond currently have picks 17, 20, 25, 53, 55, 74, 92, 110, that's eight spots not including the rookie list. Does Richmond need to delist anymore players? Townsend, Miles, Moore, Chol, Castagna, Stengle and Soldo remain uncontracted yet none of them seem likely to be delisted. I'm imagining five from the national draft and two from the rookie draft, yes?

Castanga and soldo were promoted during trade period i thought

Remove this Banner Ad

Back