RookieBigoa Nyuon2023October 26th, 20221 year

Steely Green20242022 Draft2 years
49Kaleb Smith20242022 Draft2 years
50RookieMarlion Pickett2024August 19th, 20221 year +Trigger

Last edited:
#26 A. Miles: contracted to the end of 2016
#32 C. Ellis: contracted to the end of 2016
#35 B.Lennon: contracted to the end of 2015

DrMike, any chance we could get this thread pinned onto our main board. Seen numerous people ask if players are in or out of contract. The last post on this board was from august, might explain why so many are asking these questions.

DrMike, any chance we could get this thread pinned onto our main board. Seen numerous people ask if players are in or out of contract. The last post on this board was from august, might explain why so many are asking these questions.
Good idea now that season is over, I'll work my magic.

They might get depressed seen some of the contracted lol eg Morris Hampster Hunt

upload_2015-9-20_14-9-31.png Offer 2 more years (to keep the Bro-mance going)
upload_2015-9-20_14-11-21.png *Offer 1 year (*depends on who we bring in)
upload_2015-9-20_14-13-40.png Offer 1 year rookie (depends on trades and draft depth)
upload_2015-9-20_14-16-15.png Trade for a packet of potato chips (spud for spud)
upload_2015-9-20_14-17-47.png One year contract
upload_2015-9-20_14-19-3.png Lock him in, 3 years +
upload_2015-9-20_14-21-54.png Re-sign
upload_2015-9-20_14-23-10.png Resign and possibly elevate
upload_2015-9-20_14-23-48.png Re-sign
upload_2015-9-20_14-25-9.png Re-sign and elevate.

We have 5 spots on our senior list and 1 rookie spot free. If we elevate 1 or 2 rookies then there are 3 to 6 spots available on the senior list as I would expect Gordon and possibly Dea to be cut also. This will leave 2, 3 or 4 spots free on the rookie list. (depending if skinfolds is given a new contract).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane Lambert deserves a higher number than 48 next year! I would give him Petterd's 13 or Knights' 15.

Good to see that McBean is contracted, I heard that the Hawks were sniffing around and assumed he was out of contract. Big year for him 2016 hopefully he gets opportunity and his performance demands a long term contract

from the out of contract players I would do the following

Lambert re signed. 2 or 3 years
Lloyd and lennon both get to stay on 1 to 2 year contracts
Castagna re rookie
Short - flip a coin stay or go - wouldn't elevate just yet if he gets to stay.. would want to see a big year though or its bye bye
Dea? haven't really looked at him not overly tall so wouldn't cut it on my list as a defender. maybe keep him for the HBF run off.
Soldo - no idea. forgot he was even on the list. probably let him go based on that.

Gordon, Grigg, Thomas say goodbye - would like Thomas to stay on. hard nut like miles but lacks speed and that little bit of class. Grigg is ok but I think we could pick up someone better during the off season. Gordon I had hopes for but he looks like he just does what he wants out there or he has no idea.

TRADES
Hampson - Got to get rid of him - don't think he has any value left though. possibly play out his contract in VFL *shame thought he could have done CHF/RUC for us an be valuable.
Batchelor/Astbury - One of these guys has to go also. Can't loose both. If Astbury wasn't a lame horse I'd keep him over batch.
Vickery/Griffiths - Toss up here. Both have underperformed I believe. Griffiths a little more this year than Vickery. Vicks may have the edge over at the moment.

TARGET
Treloar - Even if we can't get him you still have to make a play - Don't over invest time though.
Bennell - Get that deal done even if you need to sweeten it a little in their favour. Don't give up a required player.
Dangerfield - Long shot but worth a sniff.. Who's not going to ask the question?
Carlisle - I'd take a look at him. ASADA issues would make me nervous but I think he'd be a good addition to the backline flanks.
M Talia - Not high on my list but we need another tall defender with mobility he could be cheap if the doggies hold a grudge.
Yarran - Don't really like the idea but if he can be shaped and consistent he could prove valuable off half back.

Not really good at picking players to chase but I'd at least want Harley to come across.

Castagna re rookie
Short - flip a coin stay or go - wouldn't elevate just yet if he gets to stay.. would want to see a big year though or its bye bye
Dea? haven't really looked at him not overly tall so wouldn't cut it on my list as a defender. maybe keep him for the HBF run off.
Soldo - no idea. forgot he was even on the list. probably let him go based on that.

Gordon, Grigg, Thomas say goodbye - would like Thomas to stay on. hard nut like miles but lacks speed and that little bit of class. Grigg is ok but I think we could pick up someone better during the off season. Gordon I had hopes for but he looks like he just does what he wants out there or he has no idea.

TRADES
Hampson - Got to get rid of him - don't think he has any value left though. possibly play out his contract in VFL *shame thought he could have done CHF/RUC for us an be valuable.
Batchelor/Astbury - One of these guys has to go also. Can't loose both. If Astbury wasn't a lame horse I'd keep him over batch.
Vickery/Griffiths - Toss up here. Both have underperformed I believe. Griffiths a little more this year than Vickery. Vicks may have the edge over at the moment.

TARGET
Treloar - Even if we can't get him you still have to make a play - Don't over invest time though.
Bennell - Get that deal done even if you need to sweeten it a little in their favour. Don't give up a required player.
Dangerfield - Long shot but worth a sniff.. Who's not going to ask the question?
Carlisle - I'd take a look at him. ASADA issues would make me nervous but I think he'd be a good addition to the backline flanks.
M Talia - Not high on my list but we need another tall defender with mobility he could be cheap if the doggies hold a grudge.
Yarran - Don't really like the idea but if he can be shaped and consistent he could prove valuable off half back.

Not really good at picking players to chase but I'd at least want Harley to come across.

Thank god you are not our list manager then. :thumbsdown:

Castagna re rookie

TRADES

TARGET

Lots your points I disagree with but mostly your assessment of TV. Which Richmond games have you been watching as VicJesus has really started to show his talent.

Lots your points I disagree with but mostly your assessment of TV. Which Richmond games have you been watching as VicJesus has really started to show his talent.

Vickery is a tease!
He definitely shows glimpses of what he is capable of but, he can't back that up week to week. His last 5 games were the best I've seen him string together in 7 seasons with the club.
How much more development does he need? - should be delivering much more consistent games than he has.
McBean will overtake him soon and he might just end up like Hampson in the VFL.
He has market value so why not see who bites.

I have no problem being wrong here. The Tigers are my team. If any player can prove my doubts wrong and make us better I'm all for it.
It's just from what I've seen he hasn't lived up to the "highly rated" player the club keeps saying he his. Not the only one either plenty of AFL commentators have spoken about him being underdone and possibly tradeable in the past.

Last edited:
Vickery is a tease!
He definitely shows glimpses of what he is capable of but, he can't back that up week to week. His last 5 games were the best I've seen him string together in 7 seasons with the club.
How much more development does he need? - should be delivering much more consistent games than he has.
McBean will overtake him soon and he might just end up like Hampson in the VFL.
He has market value so why not see who bites.

I have no problem being wrong here. The Tigers are my team. If any player can prove my doubts wrong and make us better I'm all for it.
It's just from what I've seen he hasn't lived up to the "highly rated" player the club keeps saying he his. Not the only one either plenty of AFL commentators have spoken about him being underdone and possibly tradeable in the past.

I've noticed how no one is even bothering to write back to you obviously a reason ^

Remove this Banner Ad

Back