List Mgmt. Richmond Player Contract Statuses - Updated 15/9/2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly an upgrade on a rookie selection. May help us in packaging with a higher pick during the draft/live trading?....

Maybe could see the writing on the wall after Baker was being played ahead of him?

Pretty late with the delistings

I wonder if the club is waiting to see who becomes available prior to delisting?...Otherwise maybe we aren't going to ,as has been said I think? Otherwise I have absolutely no idea...

I thought Menadue was the luckiest to be retained.
2019 should be a make-or-break year for him. Final year if he does not deliver.
In terms of other players, hypothetically, Grigg can retire at the end of 2019.
Houli can retire at the end of 2020.
Assuming those two players earn, say, $300-400K per annum, that would save $1-1.2 million in 2021.
We can use those surplus funds to provide pay rises for existing star players or attract new talent.

Last edited:
Surprising that all the traded and delisted players have been removed from the RFC website and Higgins is now #13 been updated
Chol & Townsend are on the rookie list page

But Nathan Drummond is still on the senior list page ...............:huh:

Thanks for posting that chart GoTigers2015 , some tough decisions to be made at the end of 2019....
Looks pretty straightforward to me.

Vlas, Butler, Edwards, Castagna, Rioli,Balta, Naish, Miller, Broad proriority signings. Soldo also needs another year as a back up.

Grig, Houli retire.
Ellis goes as a FA.

If Astbury, Bolton or Kmac go for more cash so be it.

Menadue, Moore, Townsend, Aarts, Chol, Weller, Baker would all currently be in the gun.

Vlas, Butler, Edwards, Castagna, Rioli,Balta, Naish, Miller, Broad proriority signings. Soldo also needs another year as a back up.

Grig, Houli retire.
Ellis goes as a FA.

Menadue, Moore, Townsend, Aarts, Chol, Weller, Baker would all currently be in the gun.
Swoop is a RFA, so if he leaves for more money we will get a compo pick. Can't see him wanting to leave to go to another club though.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grig, Houli retire.
Ellis goes as a FA.

Why would Naish be a priority? Has shown a glimpse or two only.

Sydney Stack needs an extension, and while we are at it, I would extend McIntosh's contract who is clearly holding up his end of the bargain in terms of the pub test on game scrutiny, probably give Balta an extension to and a few others but maybe wait a little before pulling the trigger
I think I heard on the media they are already in negotiations with Stacks manager Paul Peos regarding his contract.

Regards Burning Bright

Can let go of Butler, Chol, Grigg, Weller, if need be. Markov in 2020.
Creates space to retain Brandon Ellis.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back