Abers
17 players coming out of contract:
premiership players I would re sign
Broad
Townsend
Grigg
Houli
of the others I would re sign
Conca, (if he can stay fit. ) Bolton, Short, (Houli depth) Lloyd, Menadue, (Grigg depth) Chol, Soldo,
if Garth, Moore Stengle etc. can't get a senior game it may be time to delist
Just thinking of Grigg replacement. Kamdyn, Broad, or Garth are about his height. Oleg a bit shorter. Kamdyn has the tank to do the job. And we#ve got plenty of back flanker/wing depth.

fleabitten

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 16, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
Broad
Townsend
Grigg
Houli
Conca, (if he can stay fit. ) Bolton, Short, (Houli depth) Lloyd, Menadue, (Grigg depth) Chol, Soldo,
Just thinking of Grigg replacement. Kamdyn, Broad, or Garth are about his height. Oleg a bit shorter. Kamdyn has the tank to do the job. And we#ve got plenty of back flanker/wing depth.

Kamdyn replacing Grigg would be a big downgrade in footy smarts, which is one of Grigg's main assets. Not sure we have anyone like him waiting in the wings really. We might miss him more than we realise once he starts to decline physically.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Caught up with Will Thursfield at Punt Rd yesterday. Very excited to start his recruiting role with the Club tomorrow.

Haere Ra
I have met Will a few times and is a great bloke, Really loves the club from the way he spoke about his time there as a player

Im sure he will do well

May 13, 2015
Spotswood Campus
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
🐍Ophidian Old Boys🐍
Caught up with Will Thursfield at Punt Rd yesterday. Very excited to start his recruiting role with the Club tomorrow.

Haere Ra

Great to hear; everyone working for the greatest afl club should be; lm excited just being a supporter

In the Jungle

Team Captain
Nov 9, 2010
Strathmore
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham Hot Spurs EPL
Kamdyn replacing Grigg would be a big downgrade in footy smarts, which is one of Grigg's main assets. Not sure we have anyone like him waiting in the wings really. We might miss him more than we realise once he starts to decline physically.

Grigg has the footy smarts ,that buys him time, extends his contract ,by one year (again).
This has been the case for the last 3-4 years,anyway. Very much a Still required player.

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
Broad
Townsend
Grigg
Houli
Broad has re-signed for 2 years. Stay tuned.

Oct 15, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fulham FC, Real Madrid
happy with Garth Vader being offered a new contract. in my opinion. Lloyd, Miles Markov and Hampson are the ones in the gun this year. Miles is great trade bait and we could get a high 2nd but most likely a 3rd rounder for him. same with lloyd. Markov could go for a 4th. Hammer retires.

we realistically now have a list where most of our vfl players have some value, and would get games at most clubs in the comp. thats why we are so good.

re-sign houli and grigg for 1 year. Townsend for 2 and Broad for 3. (broad is that underrated outside the club its not funny) short gets 3. soldo, bolton, menadue and conca get 2 each. Cellis and Drummond 1 each. imo

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
happy with Garth Vader being offered a new contract. in my opinion. Lloyd, Miles Markov and Hampson are the ones in the gun this year. Miles is great trade bait and we could get a high 2nd but most likely a 3rd rounder for him. same with lloyd. Markov could go for a 4th. Hammer retires.

we realistically now have a list where most of our vfl players have some value, and would get games at most clubs in the comp. thats why we are so good.

re-sign houli and grigg for 1 year. Townsend for 2 and Broad for 3. (broad is that underrated outside the club its not funny) short gets 3. soldo, bolton, menadue and conca get 2 each. Cellis and Drummond 1 each. imo
I wouldnt be looking to move Markov on just yet, With Houli & Grigg at the end of their careers we will need players to step into their roles and we have been grooming him for 2 years.

Oct 15, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fulham FC, Real Madrid
I wouldnt be looking to move Markov on just yet, With Houli & Grigg at the end of their careers we will need players to step into their roles and we have been grooming him for 2 years.
actually that is a very good point. We are stacked in that position - we have him, short, Bellis, menadue and Drummond so much run in the team.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
actually that is a very good point. We are stacked in that position - we have him, short, Bellis, menadue and Drummond so much run in the team.

Of that Lot i would be looking to see if we could get a decent draft pick for Brandon Ellis , Nathan Drummond looking like he will never get over his injuries

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
We sign him up soon surely, we'd be stupid to do all the hard work then let him go elsewhere. Once Lynch is sorted either way the rest will be taken care of.
My point is that he may want out.
He will always be 2nd ruck to Nank so why wouldnt he leave and become a teams 1st ruck.
Its exactly what Nank did

JR82

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
hate them all
My point is that he may want out.
He will always be 2nd ruck to Nank so why wouldnt he leave and become a teams 1st ruck.
Its exactly what Nank did
Hope he understands the situation, if Nank is rested Soldo is 1st in so we need them both, he'll understand that. Nank left as he was 4th in line.

Tell you what I don't envy our list managers this year, some very hard decisions are going to be made on whether players are kept on or not.​

Particularly the rookies that have done the 3 years.
Looking at the senior listed players coming out of contract you really do struggle to put a line through a player. Going to be a big 12-15 weeks for a few players.

JR82

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
hate them all
Tell you what I don't envy our list managers this year, some very hard decisions are going to be made on whether players are kept on or not.​
With our depth we'll have some players seeking new home for game time so we can use that to get some picks in this "Super Draft" might end up with a couple of Doozy's that way ;)

Back