List Mgmt. Richmond Player Contract Statuses - Updated 15/9/2023

Mar 31, 2011
Premiership nirvana
AFL Club
Richmond
Ever since he gave Jack the eye injury i’ve started to dislike him. I think he deserves his chance tho and you never know, he could play an important role in the future.

Jack copping that poke Was crucial in galvanizing the team...Towno steps up...team realizes it can win without Jack the rest is history

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Hello Tiger fans.

Just wondering what Anthony Miles status is?

I know he was out of contract this year but I thought I saw somewhere that Richmond had offered him a one year contract extension?

Is that right?. If so. I suppose it means he hasn't accepted it yet.

JR82

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
hate them all
Hello Tiger fans.

Just wondering what Anthony Miles status is?

I know he was out of contract this year but I thought I saw somewhere that Richmond had offered him a one year contract extension?

Is that right?. If so. I suppose it means he hasn't accepted it yet.
it's known we had already offered 1 yr but not heard if he has signed as yet.

NimFromSudan

Club Legend
Mar 14, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Do we just assume all the players out of contract have signed one year deals then? The deadline to sign was yesterday and if they haven't be delisted you'd have to assume they're signed up.

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond

Richmond has re-signed two members of its 2017 premiership side – livewire small forward Jason Castagna and late-season forward revelation Jacob Townsend – along with tenacious, ‘ball-magnet’ midfielder Anthony Miles, who won the best and fairest with the Club’s VFL team this year.

The Tigers have contracted Castagna for two years, while Townsend and Miles have both agreed to new one-year deals.

Castagna, 21, played all 25 games with Richmond’s senior side in his second season of AFL football this year, receiving an AFL Rising Star nomination in Round 19 and finishing fourth on the Tigers’ goalkicking list with 26 goals.

He was ranked first among the competition’s Rising Stars for marks inside 50, tackles inside 50, score involvements and total bounces.

“We are really pleased with Jason’s on-going development and his work-rate, both on and off the track. His pressure around the ball is a highlight and his brand of footy was very much aligned to the team success this year,” said Richmond’s General Manager – Football Talent, Dan Richardson.

Townsend had to wait until Round 22 this year for a senior opportunity following the fine form he displayed through the midfield on a consistent basis at VFL level for the Tigers, which resulted in him winning the competition’s Liston Trophy.

To say he subsequently made the most of his chance at the game’s highest level, over the final few weeks of the season, is somewhat of an understatement.

The 24-year-old kicked six goals as a permanent forward in Richmond’s thumping Round 22 victory over Fremantle at Domain Stadium and went on to play a pivotal role in the team’s premiership triumph.

He finished with 16 goals all-up in five games (three of them finals wins, including the Grand Final against Adelaide), from just 32 kicks, and applied fierce pressure throughout to opposing defenders.

“Jacob played a significant role for the team in all our finals games, none more so than the Grand Final. He is a strong competitor and, having found his niche up forward, we expect he will continue to build on this in 2018 and beyond,” Richardson said.

Miles was restricted to just five senior appearances during the season because of the Tigers’ strong midfield depth, but he approached his football in the VFL with typical professionalism and determination.

He regularly racked up high statistical numbers and was a driving force behind the VFL team’s rise to runner-up status in 2017.

“Anthony is highly regarded by his teammates and the Club as a whole. His strong work ethic, contested ball-winning ability and commitment to the team are second to none. Despite limited opportunities in 2017, he is a proven AFL player, who will continue to make a significant contribution to the Club,” Richardson said

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Looking like we will be taking 5 picks in the Draft & 2 Rookies

Hope our boys have done their home work and have the players in the correct order,This draft will continue our list evolution and hope we get some real gem's with our Rance , Riewoldt replacements in the mix.

GoTigers2015

Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Looking like we will be taking 5 picks in the Draft & 2 Rookies

Hope our boys have done their home work and have the players in the correct order,This draft will continue our list evolution and hope we get some real gem's with our Rance , Riewoldt replacements in the mix.
Only one rookie spot available. (plus 3 Cat B Rookie spots)

That leaves Moore, Chol, Stengle and Soldo unsigned.
Moore Chol and Stengle are retained rookies while Soldo has been elevated to the main list.

GoTigers2015

Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Three premiership stars re-signed
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-02-06/premiershipwinning-trio-resign

Latest contract statuses:
upload_2018-2-6_8-30-55.png

In the Jungle

Team Captain
Nov 9, 2010
Strathmore
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham Hot Spurs EPL
wow there's a lot of young talent that needs to be secured, ASAP.
Due to success / lack of opportunities we may loose a couple as trades / picks.

Before the trade period I mentioned that if there was interest on one of our small forwards, then after the GF would be a perfect time to cash in, while their value was up and we have depth in that area.

Not sure if there wasn't all that much interest or the club was just determined to keep the group together, but we'll see how next year goes.

Of those whose contract run out this year, there aren't really any who are critical to our future success. The closest would be Houli, and perhaps Grigg, but at their age, we should be working on replacing them 'soon' anyway. (Hope for the best, plan for the worst).

Of the rest, there are about a dozen who, all going well we'd like to re-sign but quite a few of those have a significant question over 'all going well', and the club would be wise to wait on seeing how they actually go before signing them, especially with a strong draft coming up.

JR82

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
hate them all
Before the trade period I mentioned that if there was interest on one of our small forwards, then after the GF would be a perfect time to cash in, while their value was up and we have depth in that area.

Not sure if there wasn't all that much interest or the club was just determined to keep the group together, but we'll see how next year goes.

Of those whose contract run out this year, there aren't really any who are critical to our future success. The closest would be Houli, and perhaps Grigg, but at their age, we should be working on replacing them 'soon' anyway. (Hope for the best, plan for the worst).

Of the rest, there are about a dozen who, all going well we'd like to re-sign but quite a few of those have a significant question over 'all going well', and the club would be wise to wait on seeing how they actually go before signing them, especially with a strong draft coming up.
IMO it puts us in a good position, reality is there will be some players that don't get much opportunity this yr & they may seek them elsewhere. No matter how this yr goes i'd like us to invest in the Draft, especially as it is meant to be a strong one.

Back