Training Richmond Pre-season Training 2018

Who do you think will be the most improved player this pre-season?

• Nick Vlastuin

• Brandon Ellis

• Jayden Short

• Daniel Rioli

• Kane Lambert

• Ben Griffiths

• Sam Lloyd

• Shai Bolton

• Reece Conca

• Oleg Markov

• Corey Ellis

• Jack Graham

• Nathan Broad

• Callum Moore

• Connor Menadue

• Nathan Drummond

• Dan Butler

• Mabior Chol

• Ryan Garthwaite

• Tyson Stengle

• Jason Castagna

• Ivan Soldo

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah one pre-season... After coming back from shoulder surgery, but yeah sure, why not put him ahead of all the other inside midfielders we have on the list.

Great plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
People can impress in one pre season. We shouldn't get so caught up with who played where last season. Before Round 1 last year no one would have thought Butler, Castagna and Broad would be premiership players. All 3 had massive pre season and forced their way in.

People can impress in one pre season. We shouldn't get so caught up with who played where last season. Before Round 1 last year no one would have thought Butler, Castagna and Broad would be premiership players. All 3 had massive pre season and forced their way in.
Too right!

just saw a snap by RFC of neon dion stretching alongside menadue, he looks fine i reckon we are just being cautious which we can afford to be

just saw a snap by RFC of neon dion stretching alongside menadue, he looks fine i reckon we are just being cautious which we can afford to be
Yeh didn't someone say he ran 15-20 laps at good clip before the intraclub?
Same as Rance last year when he had a little tendonitis in the hammy, came out no dramas

ffa8f753dbd86ab2ab007bb3e872fcfb.jpg

Expecting big things from this man this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wandered down to Punt Road for the open session yesterday. About an hour of structured work - some skills, some strategy ("slow defence LDL" I worked out slower than I should have) - and took a few things away. Pretty much everyone out there apart from Dan Rioli.

Generally - you can see why Cotch and Dusty are elite players - they train at a higher intensity than just about anyone else. Everything Cotch does is full on. They were two of only 4 players I saw bending over and catching their breath between sets because of their effort (B Ellis and Drummond were the other 2).

Dylan Grimes is a true professional. His skills sometimes a tiny bit ragged but everything done precisely -one mistake, immediately repeated the drill to get it right.

Hammer did some of the skills sets then ran 200m sprints on the boundary - looked to be time trialing with one of the coaches and moved OK but was pretty stuffed after 5.

Pat Naish has pretty kicking skills, so does Corey Ellis - it stands out compared to the average, particularly in some of the more frenetic drills.

Slow motion tackling drills focused on form rather than power - but Dusty only went to ground because he had to as part of the drill - you could tell he didn't want to!

None of the younger players really stood out (either good or bad). Ben Miller seems pretty popular with his teammates. Liam Baker has neat skills but is tiny physically.

No-one can kick torps any more (the long range goalkicking at the end was lighthearted, but still...)

Nathan Drummond told me he is about 4 weeks off playing in a game, but was getting confidence back in his knee. Seemed pretty level headed - he's a good size and still has his quickness, as far as you can tell from training. Jack Higgins may be a great footballer one day, but he's an even better people person - very positive and makes you feel like he genuinely wants to know you when you chat to him. Jack Graham is a very well built 20 yo, which is totally unsurprising to anyone here, but still is pretty impressive close up (and was happy to pose for a photo with my daughter and made sure it was OK).

I wandered down to Punt Road for the open session yesterday. About an hour of structured work - some skills, some strategy ("slow defence LDL" I worked out slower than I should have) - and took a few things away. Pretty much everyone out there apart from Dan Rioli.

Generally - you can see why Cotch and Dusty are elite players - they train at a higher intensity than just about anyone else. Everything Cotch does is full on. They were two of only 4 players I saw bending over and catching their breath between sets because of their effort (B Ellis and Drummond were the other 2).

Dylan Grimes is a true professional. His skills sometimes a tiny bit ragged but everything done precisely -one mistake, immediately repeated the drill to get it right.

Hammer did some of the skills sets then ran 200m sprints on the boundary - looked to be time trialing with one of the coaches and moved OK but was pretty stuffed after 5.

Pat Naish has pretty kicking skills, so does Corey Ellis - it stands out compared to the average, particularly in some of the more frenetic drills.

Slow motion tackling drills focused on form rather than power - but Dusty only went to ground because he had to as part of the drill - you could tell he didn't want to!

None of the younger players really stood out (either good or bad). Ben Miller seems pretty popular with his teammates. Liam Baker has neat skills but is tiny physically.

No-one can kick torps any more (the long range goalkicking at the end was lighthearted, but still...)

Nathan Drummond told me he is about 4 weeks off playing in a game, but was getting confidence back in his knee. Seemed pretty level headed - he's a good size and still has his quickness, as far as you can tell from training. Jack Higgins may be a great footballer one day, but he's an even better people person - very positive and makes you feel like he genuinely wants to know you when you chat to him. Jack Graham is a very well built 20 yo, which is totally unsurprising to anyone here, but still is pretty impressive close up (and was happy to pose for a photo with my daughter and made sure it was OK).

Jack Graham, that was

Cheers for the update :)
Any word on why Rioli wasn't out there? Surely he's getting closer, considering he did his first 'running' session months ago

Cheers for the update :)
Any word on why Rioli wasn't out there? Surely he's getting closer, considering he did his first 'running' session months ago
He's still on a graduated program, last I heard - don't know if it was a day on the Alter-G machine, or doing some indoor stuff only. I saw him a couple of weeks ago and he wasn't moving freely then, so I'd think he was still a little way off getting back into it fully. I'd doubt he'll be out there the first 4 games at least.

Back