Richmond Premiers DVD

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the Blu-ray watchable?

Yes the blu-ray is definitely watchable. Not perfect but still ok. Just wish the rest of the season was in blu-ray.

Is there even a way to tell if the the blu ray is the updated with the audio sync?

Not sure about the individual blu-rays but both the DVD & blu-ray that come with the season pack is synced properly.

Yes the blu-ray is definitely watchable. Not perfect but still ok. Just wish the rest of the season was in blu-ray
I'll most likely get it anyway, but it's really poor that the whole season, or even just the rest of the finals, aren't on Blu-ray.

I'll most likely get it anyway, but it's really poor that the whole season, or even just the rest of the finals, aren't on Blu-ray.

The box does look nice. Just don’t open it :)

I have noticed after watching the season highlights DVD, the quality of that compared to the actual games is far more watchable and more of what you’d expect from DVD/standard definition. It appears they’ve compressed the games majorly to probably fit on 1 disc.

I think that’s the issue. Just look at the field lines. On the game discs, wide shots are pixelated and nearly cause an epileptic fit, whereas on the season highlights the same shots are a lot smoother.

Watched the Season's highlights. Enjoyed it immensely. For the cost of a round of beers at the pub, it is worth it. The entire season in one pack. That's 56 hours - less the losing games. Quality might not be the best, but it is still watchable. Not regretting buying it at all.

Living overseas but want the season box set. Do I get the kids to buy it at JB HiFi?

Yeah if you want to buy it at the sale price of $87, which ends Sunday. Otherwise it’ll cost $110 after the sale, from JB.

Q- which GF high quality DVD with properly synced radio calls should I buy?

While the sale is on, your safe bet is to get the season box set. That way you’re guaranteed to get a corrected copy. Plus it has the grand final in DVD and blu-ray. The normal price is $110 - $120.

If you don’t want the box set I’d wait a couple of months for proper stock to reach retailers. Or you can buy the single DVD/blu-ray now and ask for a replacement as I mentioned above.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I want I want is the finals series in a nice little well made package in Blu-ray form.

They seem to be going out of their way in cutting costs and pissing off the public.
That's what they do. It's all they f**king do.

Lucky, I've got one of those older, smaller TV's that doesn't show up all the crappiness of DVD's. They look just fine. Blu-Ray's look better, of course, but what are you gonna do. This is what we get until they put them all out on Blu-Ray.

utensil. Suckers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back