Rumour Richmond Review - Ernst & Young review findings and recommendations

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't believe they actually got a bloody accounting and finance company to review their football club.

How about putting quality football people in positions at the club? How about sacking Hardwick and replacing him with a component coach.

How about not extending the contracts of Jackson and Hartley and employing Buckenara and Pelchen?

They are trying so hard to justify Hardwick's contract there doing external audits and reviews and sacking the assistant coaches and the leadership coach.

What about the head coach that is singlehandely ruining the team and the gameplan?

O'Neal and Gale are seriously incompetent. No football nous whatsoever.

If only we could grab more cap space and our own academy, it would be as if the playing field would be somehow leveled.

I can't believe they actually got a bloody accounting and finance company to review their football club.

How about putting quality football people in positions at the club? How about sacking Hardwick and replacing him with a component coach.

How about not extending the contracts of Jackson and Hartley and employing Buckenara and Pelchen?

They are trying so hard to justify Hardwick's contract there doing external audits and reviews and sacking the assistant coaches and the leadership coach.

What about the head coach that is singlehandely ruining the team and the gameplan?

O'Neal and Gale are seriously incompetent. No football nous whatsoever.
As a very very long term Tiger, i believe it, actually expected it. Whats it like to a follower of successful club? Ive forgotten.

Ernst and Young's (the accountants) review at Richmond has started putting together a draft report and some recommendations for the Tigers.

WTF did they get EY to do this?

EY are an accounting firm - they're who you go to to get your company accounts done, or tax advice, or to sort out internal fraud or management accounting advice.

If they're looking to get strategic advice there's a heap of better consultancies they could have gone to (Boston Consulting, McKinseys, PPB advisory, etc, etc)

Main items are:

- Implement some processes and develop a roadmap for Trade week and the draft. EY have recommended negotiation expert Edwin Dondalinger be engaged to consult and help the footy department with this. Apparently Dondalinger is well known in corporate circles as a deal maker and also has links in the entertainment (music/clubs) scene.
He is supposedly assisting at the moment with brokering a favourable trade for Vickery

Richmond are in a bad way if they were given this advice. What do the list managers do during the year?

- Turn over some board members, and replace with footy people. This has already happened with the appointment of Emmet Dunne

Fair enough

- Aim to recruit big bodied players to fill out Tiger spine, and no more players in excess of 25 years of age.

Fair enough to bring in a consultancy to provide strategic advice, but if management consultants are advising this level of stuff I'd be asking for my money back.

The purpose of the consultants is to help put the right systems / people / processes in place to make to make these decisions, not to actually make these decisions themselves.

- No Senior coach can stay in the position if the team has not made a Grand final in the preceeding 5 years

See point above.

I got Damien Hardwick round to help me with my tax return this year.

He said I'd get a $9000 refund but it ended up being 90 cents.

When I complained he laughed and said I shouldn't worry as he'll get me $10000 next year.

yeah sounds a bit strage..

I would only make sense if it was more of an audit review of process rather than giving out strategic advice eg. the big bodied player thing

I would be worried if audit found that our recruting and trading process was a bit of mess. wouldnt be a surpirse really.

People laugh at management consulting organizations like EY but they actually do their job very well. They can drill in and uncover issues that may not be as apparent as people think. Nothing wrong with doing this as there's probably another 10 clubs that do the same *ing thing. As for the op, good troll.

Was mentioned somewhere on the Tigers threads that a board member has links to E&Y- put a whole bunch of other people's money into the hands of a few and this kind of thing always happens.

Expensive solution to 'got to be seen to be doing something' down at punt rd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People laugh at management consulting organizations like EY but they actually do their job very well. They can drill in and uncover issues that may not be as apparent as people think. Nothing wrong with doing this as there's probably another 10 clubs that do the same ruddy thing. As for the op, good troll.
Yup, there's a reason they can charge a lot. They generally add more value to a brand than what they cost.

Someone above suggesting they go to big 3 consulting...now that's overkill, those companies deal with the giant multinational companies, a footy club is a tadpole to them.

You could afford Buddy but you chose Tambling over Buddy all those years ago.
Must be easy when you get a pick 3 player after finishing 4th, Heeney as pick #18 because the Academy rules were garbage and Mitchell as father son.
In Dimmas whole rebuild our best pick has been #6 and we finished 2nd last that year.

Must be easy when you get a pick 3 player after finishing 4th, Heeney as pick #18 because the Academy rules were garbage and Mitchell as father son.
In Dimmas whole rebuild our best pick has been #6 and we finished 2nd last that year.

The fact that the Tigers havent produced any decent father sons recently is whose fault? Daniher at Pick 10 for the Bombers or a number of Geelong father sons could be defined as draft steals.

As for top 10 draft picks the Swans only have 5 in their squad. Mills, Heeney, Franklin, Rohan and McVeigh. Tigers have just as many (Deledio, Cotchin, Martin, Vickery, Moore etc) so high end draft picks alone won't help.

The fact that the Tigers havent produced any decent father sons recently is whose fault? Daniher at Pick 10 for the Bombers or a number of Geelong father sons could be defined as draft steals.

As for top 10 draft picks the Swans only have 5 in their squad. Mills, Heeney, Franklin, Rohan and McVeigh. Tigers have just as many (Deledio, Cotchin, Martin, Vickery, Moore etc) so high end draft picks alone won't help.
Good reply, but you are coming across as a bit of smug pathetic entitled tosser . But I guess it can't be helped, and comes with the territory of being a Sydney supporter?

People laugh at management consulting organizations like EY but they actually do their job very well. They can drill in and uncover issues that may not be as apparent as people think.

Hmmm... I take it you've never been a consumer of these services (particularly coming from big 4 firms...)

This 'rumour' is obviously full of crap and little more than a troll (and a poor one at that).

Richmond hired E&Y to review management structures and processes. (ie. what they're actually qualified to look at).

There is no way recommendations on purely football matters 'big bodied spine' would be part of that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back