Richmond Ruck Situation 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Nank would do fine against the Port pair for me didn't play last time correct Ladhams not great around the ground .If Chol could work harder and smarter in the ruck will be better did people see his leap in scratch match we need that intensity.

They've both got height and leap on Nank and Lycett is capable of dominating on his day. Ladhams has had over 20 possessions twice this year (averaging around 60% of them contested too), he's improved out of sight.

It is a massive ask for Nank to go with both of them over four quarters with Chol for backup, no offense intended to Marbs.

I'd trade for Aliir Aliir and you solve multiple problems.

You get a 2nd ruck and another KPD for depth. He's no superstar but definitely has the potential to thrive on our team.

Wouldn't cost a lot in terms of a trade either. Low risk, high reward.

if CCJ does ask for a trade, then we need to bring in another ruck from somewhere. Can't go into 2021 with just Nankervis, Chol and a bloke that hasn't played footy.
imagine the outrage if CCJ asks for a trade. Surely he is thinking he owes the club after almost derailing the season. Surely he would understand the current predicament with ruck stocks and feel a strong obligation to give his all to the club next year.

When off the injury list....Can run, jump, tackle & mark. Looked skinny early in the year but might've bulked up a ibt

Looks like he plays bigger than his physical stats - he's wiry and springy - he looks like he towered over the opponents in those highlights. Don't think he'll be the type of ruck that'll stand and deliver - more of a jump early kinda ruck style then follow up on the deck

I don't want to label the kid too early but I'm going to anyway - I'm going with 'excitement machine' and 'X Factor'.

In fact after seeing that I'm pretty bullish about our ruck stocks going forward - we just need to get over the 2021 hump

When off the injury list....Can run, jump, tackle & mark. Looked skinny early in the year but might've bulked up a ibt

Looks exciting as that 2nd ruck/utility role.

Realistically though how many rucks can play number 1 at 196cm and 98kg even if he did fill out a lot? It'd be a hard ask to carry the ruck at that size which is why we don't see it.

I think Richmond are set for back ups, Balta, Chol, Biggy, maybe even CCJ. What we lack without Soldo is true depth at starting ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

imagine the outrage if CCJ asks for a trade. Surely he is thinking he owes the club after almost derailing the season. Surely he would understand the current predicament with ruck stocks and feel a strong obligation to give his all to the club next year.

He might feel all that....................And then there is his Manager seeing a nice contract over there..................

We have the answer already and it's CC Kebab. If he flies, I reckon Goldstein for a year. All in for a premiership. He would have competed much better last night - ruck and fwd

Yep Goldstein for sure. Whoever says no, doesn't want a premiership, Nank cannot cut it in the ruck. He got smashed last night.
Has nothing to do with not cutting it in the ruck.
Worked well last yr with Soldo.
Simply he can't do it all himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back